Flying

O

old.job

Now that the american government is asking contractors to provide anti-missile technology for commercial jets.

Would you fly on a plane that they decided it needed to be fitted to?

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by old.job

Would you fly on a plane that they decided it needed to be fitted to?

personaly i dont give a rats arse what they fit on em.

I am flying to the states in about a month, and my biggest concern is how much beer I can take with me.

O

old.tRoG

It'll just make the paranoid travellers either:

a. More secure
b. More paranoid

Either way, planes are safer than all other forms of travek :p

O

old.job

personaly i dont give a rats arse what they fit on em.

A large target fitted to the underneath and "Mohammed couldn't hit a barn door" written in Arabic perhaps?

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by old.job
A large target fitted to the underneath and "Mohammed couldn't hit a barn door" written in Arabic perhaps?

ok i stand corrected, i would probly care about that

O

old.Dillinja

I think some guy was caught in England today with a stinger. Didn't hear the whole story but on the news it had a picture of it, must've been a terrorist of some sort.

T

tris-

how does anti-missile technology work? what IS it? only thought you could have it on ground else theyd put it on fighter planes and theyd be invincible..

and no i wouldnt care, if i have to fly somewhere then i have to fly dont i...

O

old.Dillinja

There's a little laser on the side of the plane and it shoots the missiles out of the sky when they get close.

O

old.LandShark

Alternatively flares, chaff etc such as is fitted to jet fighters and is very successful a lot of the time?

O

old.Dillinja

Originally posted by old.LandShark
Alternatively flares, chaff etc such as is fitted to jet fighters and is very successful a lot of the time?

Not sure that'd work on commercial airliners somehow. :)

M

mirieth

Isn't the chance of being shot at the same with or without the anti-missile stuff? So it shouldn't make a difference, people should in fact feel a lot safer as if they got shot at they won't die?

Silly question imo :p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom