Music Flash back to 1980

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Nothing wrong with posting it if you enjoy it.

The thing I don´t get about this entire MJ stuff: nobody gave a shit about him when he was still alive. He was the fallen king of pop, the child molester, the weirdo, the hideous result of too much plastic surgery. Nobody cared about his music and nobody wanted to buy his records anymore.
Now that he´s dead, everybody is like "OMG, the greates musician of all times! Such a sad case! I`ll never forget his music!" etc.etc.blabla.

This is not aimed against you, tierk, just a general observation.

tierk

Part of the furniture

The thing I don´t get about this entire MJ stuff: nobody gave a shit about him when he was still alive. He was the fallen king of pop, the child molester, the weirdo, the hideous result of too much plastic surgery. Nobody cared about his music and nobody wanted to buy his records anymore.
Now that he´s dead, everybody is like "OMG, the greates musician of all times! Such a sad case! I`ll never forget his music!" etc.etc.blabla.

I always used to get abused, to be honest i still do from all my familly with comments like would you leave your kids with him etc. But i never stopped listening to his music esp the old stuff.

40 odd years of entertaining people, the greatest video's of his time, great dancer, he had it all. Its just a shame all the shit that had followed him around for the last years as it put a serious stain on what would otherwise have been a amazing legacy.

I saw him live at Wembley 3 night in a row and also at Aintree and i have to say i have not been to any event - note i call it an event and not a concert because it really felt like a major event - remotely close ever since.

As for this song, it just took me back to a time long long ago, when the world seemed a better place - school days.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!

I think you will find the massive ticket sales for his "this is it" tour, show that people did care about his music. Musical legend, as a person... well. Doesn't stop me liking or buying his music.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Like I said, I didn´t post this reply to diss you and your post. It was just one of the things that really made me sick when MJ died.
It´s a pattern. When the german goal keeper Robert Enke comminted suicide, everybody was shocked and like "yeah, we need to take a step back and reconsider our true values" etc... and a couple of months later, it´s all business as usual. Makes me want to puke into my soup.

Sorry for hijacking this thread.
It´s a good video and a good song. :)

tierk

Part of the furniture
Like I said, I didn´t post this reply to diss you and your post. It was just one of the things that really made me sick when MJ died.
It´s a pattern. When the german goal keeper Robert Enke comminted suicide, everybody was shocked and like "yeah, we need to take a step back and reconsider our true values" etc... and a couple of months later, it´s all business as usual. Makes me want to puke into my soup.

Sorry for hijacking this thread.
It´s a good video and a good song. :)

It is one of the worst things about human beings and i sometimes wonder if it something that is genetically wired into us. We take many things for granted in life while it is at hand and it only becomes apparent just how special that thing or person actually was /is until it is taken away in a permanent manner. I had the exact same thing when my brother died at a young age and the same with my dad.

Not saying that MJ was as important for me as my father and brother but you can get the gist of what i am saying, at least i hope you do.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

Personally i never gave two f*cks about who the person is and never get it with, especially, british people(just seen more of it in them) who can't stand robbie williams and thus can't stand his music :p

I like some of MJs work and when he lived, he could've burned small babies and eaten abby antilopes out of the skulls of virgin again employees, the music would still be good.

But people tend to turn things into positive when someone dies and suddenly forget all the bad things they said about the dearly departed, which is f*cking hypocritical. If i hate someone, i'll certainly call them an ass when they're gone.

Possibly it's the old "don't speak ill of the dead" thing, which is religious'ish, which i sfunny because atheists do it too :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom