Flaming Lips - Yoshimi battles the pink robots

J

Jonny_Darko

I picked this up yesterday from an HMV sale for £6.99 after getting a recommendation aaaages ago.

Really weird, but amazing at the same time. And 2002 Album Of The Year in loads of mags and stuff. Never heard anything by the Flaming Lips before - is all their stuff like this?

M

mank

Their earlier stuff is stoner rock apparently, they must have moved on from weed to acid at some point...

J

Jonaldo

The Soft Bulletin was a great album a few years back but I think my favourite Flaming Lips song is "She don't use Jelly", classic students song back in the days :)

O

old.ignus

Bloody students!!!

Doesn't flaming lips sound like an STD?

T

Tom

Yoshimi is a great album, the Soft Bulletin is more acquired taste listening, but the lyrics are good.

O

old.Halfpint

The Flaming lips have had a load or albums, I think the first couple were pretty straight ahead stoner pop/rock stuff (as mentioned before).

However if you like Yoshimi I can recommend some of their earlier albums like "transmissions from the satellite heart" or "hit to death in the future head" and my favourite "in a priest driven ambulance" These are all bit patchier than their last couple of albums but have some great tunes nonetheless.

Of course if you like the lips you might also want to check out Mercury Rev, particularly their earlier stuff.
:)

E

ECA

teeheee played this at work the other day and got some nasty looks.

the fogeys could do with waking up though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom