Flame galore.... Lame.....but Hey

I

ivan_tribbiani

Yup when this forum hosted by BW started off there was hardly any flaming threads at all... but in the past 2 months this has turned into true flame fest. Most admit that Flame is Lame but let me ask one question then. How come the flame posts recieve the most popularity ? The answer is simple, its like daily news ... we arent interested in regular 'grey' news .. public needs an exciting bit in the information... like this title... just that will give the views number of this thread a boost :cool:

So post your thoughts here, i say keep the flame coming to keep the forums alive. < not mckflys type of flame but Flame with good line of reasoning , content etc >

PS: no disrespect to mckFly but most of his posts consist mainly of swearing.

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

I enjoyed reading Fafnir and sickofit...'s argument, but mattshanes and mckfly's swear-fest, especially using the c-word, had me cringing in embarassment for them.

P

- Pathfinder -

Originally posted by old.Ayam Ganbatte
I enjoyed reading Fafnir and sickofit...'s argument, but mattshanes and mckfly's swear-fest, especially using the c-word, had me cringing in embarassment for them.

The subtle difference between "adults" and "kids" flaming, cough. And of course we want flames; that's what forums are all about :)

C

[Cerebus]

Like you said, people love flames, they love arguements and they love a bad guy.

The only threads with real content these days are those that are describing how bad the other poster is at doing something. It's fun, it's just a shame, like you said, that people swear so much to get their point across.

S

SFXman

Sickofit has a tendancy to start new threads with an intention to flame or usually his posts may arouse flames etc. No offense intended Sickofit but that's just the impression I have gotten over the past times.
c-word? What is the c-word? Cunt? I think fuck is quite some bit worse.

O

old.Tohtori

Ok this thread is just pointless, who would even care about if the flames have been higher then a trolls colesterol lately?! What a complete waste of thread space... i have to agree that posting would require a driving lisence and a strict screening. Flames are there, so what? And if someone takes a pee up their nose about this reply then they just don't get the joke :p

O

old.dittytwo

i personally do not see the flames as flames (if they have a good idea/reasoning behind them) but as people with a different view or same view point as my own...

one thing i do not like is the repetativeness (is that a word)

look at them now LAGG LDSS CANT CONENCT are among the same subject headings all becuase 1 they did not look before posting (thers one of these at the bottom aint there :D) and 2 they did not check the offical site....

C

[Cerebus]

The 'C' word is much worse than the 'F' word in my humble opinion.

It's just not........nice.

P

- Pathfinder -

Originally posted by [Cerebus]
The 'C' word is much worse than the 'F' word in my humble opinion.

It's just not........nice.

And the F word is? Allright, you're a real f***, man! :)

O

old.dittytwo

Originally posted by - Pathfinder -

And the F word is? Allright, you're a real f***, man! :)

mmm I think that they are both bad as each other and well if you have to resort to words like that then you do not have an adequate vocabulary to postulate the meanings that you are trying to convey

P

- Pathfinder -

Originally posted by old.dittytwo

mmm I think that they are both bad as each other and well if you have to resort to words like that then you do not have an adequate vocabulary to postulate the meanings that you are trying to convey

Spoken with true eloquence. I bow down before your superior intellect :p

O

old.dittytwo

Originally posted by - Pathfinder -

Spoken with true eloquence. I bow down before your superior intellect :p

yeah I wish :D

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

Both the words in question are pretty much the ultimate form of expression. I find them incredible words with all sorts of meanings; when they're flung around willy nilly, though, it cheapens their efficacy. I think there definitely is a time and a place for using them, though.

It's not so much me being offended by them, it's more me just thinking they're being used inappropriately or too much.

C

[Cerebus]

On the other hand, they are just words. If used responsibly, I think they are fine.

Nobody can say 'Fuck' like a New Yorker though, those guys rock at saying that word!

I just always seem to pay a little more attention to those that can, like you say, give an opinion without having to express anger through a swear word.

(Unfortunatly, I tend to forget this myself sometimes and swear in my posts)

O

old.tRoG

well, if you dont like alot of swearing you should have seen me when i couldnt get into df last night because of some bug.

in guild chat...

Me: BL**DY BUG!
Me: F***ING PEICE OF C***!
Me: LEMME INTO DF YOU PEICE OF MOTHERF***ING RETARDED DOG S*** OF AN EXCUSE FOR A GAME!

and so on and so forth :)

i think my guildies ended up just switching guild chat off, i was spamming it with so many f's and b's and c's :)

C

[Cerebus]

You know, sometimes I just love these forums.

It's threads like this that just make my days full of sunshine and utter disbelief at some people.

I love it, I really do. Flaming is so funny sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom