Fixtures And Information Published

B

bigbb

Indeedy, we've complied a list of fixtures and information about the forthcoming 'Division Asssault'. It's been designed to place you against randomly chosen clans so you can size up likely competition and we can get a bit of an idea where you'd find it most challenging in the league, division wise.

There's been an alteration in the original plan, we've decided to change 'Division Assault' to a two week structure. Basically because we thought we can do what we want to do in two weeks and I suspect like you, want to get on with the first season.

Second week fixtures will be published tonight.

For all information and fixtures go to, http://leagues.barrysworld.net/bwrtcwl

O

old.Gutshot

Thanks for all the information, however, you just knew there'd
be someone with an 'however' didn't you? Under heading
League night you state ........Your clan will be expected to
follow the standard rules and be in the channel around 15-20
minutes before the match is due to start...... then under
Servers you state ....... Server IP's /No's are broadcast by the
head admin in #bwrtcwl channel approximately 5 minutes before
the match is due to start......... Would it not be possible to
announce the servers IP's / No's earlier than 5 minutes before the
start, rather than having all those people milling about in
#bwrtcwl? Then making a mad scramble to get onto their
particular server? Just a thought, it makes sense to me at
least. :)

G

greendemon

I also think it's cutting things a bit fine.
I assume the Servers are also going to be passworded?

Would it not be possible to mail the clan leaders with password/ips prior to the match?

B

bigbb

The problem with this is two fold:

• If you broadcast the IP's earlier than 5-10mins, the previous matches may not have finished and people will flood the servers trying to join and complain at admins when they can't get in.
  • Giving the IP's / Server No's out in advance also takes on this problem. Furthermore, if servers were to change (which they can often do in a league with head admin juggling resources) players will be joining the wrong server and causing huge administrative delays.

As a general policy head admins will broadcast the server IP's and No's as and when all the previous matches have been completed and servers vacated by the players. So, as a rough guide this is normally about 5-10mins before the next match is due to start, that's why I stated that time period.

G

greendemon

Fair enough, thanks for explaining that.
I've never been in a league of this size, I suppose it will require tight management of server time.

B

bigbb

Indeedly. Hopefully, with the nature of the game and objective mode we may find ourselves with a bit of free time each side of the games. That will smoothen the whole operation.

O

old.Gutshot

I take your points, but I would have thought that if each match
is given a separate password, all the Admin would have to do is
change it after each contest. That way the next teams wouldn't
be able to gain entry until their password was installed. That
would give everyone a short breathing space including the Admin.
I don't want to flog a dead horse, but if everyone was made
aware that there would be a maximum of a ten minute break
between contests, I think that would work and IP's and
passwords could be given out much earlier.

X

X-CaL

there will be 1 password for the whole night, the whole admin thing of changing a password between each game will simply and more time on to the games, and make it even more of a logistical nightmare, we have 6 servers 3 matches on each for 2 nights , changing the password after each game will simply add more time to the swap over period of matches finishing and new ones starting, and add further things to the process which could add to problems admins not showing and fill in admins not knowing the details, and numerous other things,

were trying to keep it as simple as possible for both clans and admins to know were they stand and 36 different passwords isnt helping that :)

if you have your clan in an irc chat room, and a representitive in the main channel it should take you 30 seconds to relay which server you are on.

O

old.Gutshot

I did say that I wouldn't flog a dead horse m8, however,
having admin'd a server myself, I think your assumption is
wrong, but time will tell.

B

bigbb

I think X-Cal has sumed up the argument beautifully there. 36 different passwords, I don't think so chaps. :)

O

old.Sir Random

Match Notice

Are Clan leaders supposed to get an email informing them when they are scheduled to play, or are they expected to keep checking the forums?
I didn't know we were playing tonight until 3am this morning (mad scramble to get team together) and then the other team didn't show up.

Also, (off topic) when I add Barrysworld members to my Clan, they don't get the email inviting them to accept.

B

bigbb

Clans are expected to follow the information given on the league web site. We had said we're going to be running the league this Sunday/Monday and then we published fixtures as such on the Thursday. We don't have an email facility running yet and as all clans had signedup to the league it was assumed that they would be returning to the site, as it asked, to find out their fixtures.

You need to look at the FAQ for membership questions.

O

old.BlueFire

Originally posted by bigbb
Clans are expected to follow the information given on the league web site. We had said we're going to be running the league this Sunday/Monday and then we published fixtures as such on the Thursday. We don't have an email facility running yet and as all clans had signedup to the league it was assumed that they would be returning to the site, as it asked, to find out their fixtures.

You need to look at the FAQ for membership questions.

I presume the league wont be on @ end of month due to i10...

Would I be right in that?

From what I know of, most clans have got peeps or the whole clan going....

O

old.Kidni

yep

i hope that its suspended for a week as a lot of clans will be either missing as a whole or missing players.

plz confirm lads :)
:clap:

B

bigbb

I suspect there will be a week off for that but, it's not even been talked about yet so no decision has been made.

Users who are viewing this thread