Fix Vanish Ffs

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
I'm so SICK of wasting vanish when trying to get away from guards, only to see that they keep chasing me. Same goes for BD pets and MOBS. It used to work just fine, but after I came back to the game its bugged to hell and back.

Also, when a caster has you targeted and you use vanish, they usually cast so friggin fast that when you vanish, they destealth you and buttrape you in 2 seconds.

FIX IT FFS!

e24.jpg

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
i love it when they use vanish and i still find them :)

Gungo

One of Freddy's beloved
No sympathy from me, vanish is a sucky RA so unlucky :p and err... yeah what Olgaline said, Remove it :)

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
That one doesn't look like a bug. Looks like what happened is:
1: Hunter shoots you.
2: You hit Vanish
3: Hunters arrow from step 1 hits you
4: You lose stealth.
5: Guards rip you a new hole.

The Hunter's to hit and damage are worked out at step 1 when you are still visible but the damage is deferred for a couple of seconds to simulate arrow flight so it looks as though he's shot you through stealth.

Just bad timing in that example. I'm not saying it isn't broken generally, just that your example doesn't show anything broken.

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
lol, all non stealthers bitching about vanish??

How about we remove MOC, ML9 pets etc etc...

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
If your out in open and get shot as you vanish that is not bugged. Annoying but not bugged.

Agreed pets set on aggro that find you from quite a distance is a pain. It is bugged.

What's more annoying is when an arrow or spell passes through a wall/door and hits you on the other side. How hard is it to code a change at the point of impact. Simple rule addition that would check if you moved behind a solid or through a door whilst arrow/spell is in flight. Checking for for solid maybe be more difficult as it involves LoS from origin but the door would be a simple check.

If you pass through a door you should be immune to any bolts/LT/arrows that land after. Obviously DOT's are a different matter.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
I thought Vanish was ment to clear agro on guards? at least it did for me on Gorre when it was up.

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
Jaem- said:
I thought Vanish was ment to clear agro on guards? at least it did for me on Gorre when it was up.

it is, and it used to clear aggro just fine. But not anymore. 3-4 times I wasted vanish on guards, but it had no effect

Chronictank

FH is my second home
TL Report said:
# Vanish

Issue Description:
Vanish does not cancel spells or arrows that are already being cast/shot when the assassin uses Vanish. Vanish I and II for example frequently fail because the short immunity timer expires before a arrow already in the air hits.

Mythic Response:
This RA is meant to help the user escape, that is, run away from the battle and hide instead of staying at the battle and being immune from damage. So there are no plans to change the timer at this time. The assassin dropping from the target list is, while valid, not possible. I know it's annoying but it's just not something that can be changed.
Working as intended

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom