fix teh resists :)

M

Mr_Omen

i dont play a caster personally BUT i know how much of a pain it can be for casters that cant debuff....i mean i go into email or where ever with 71% heat etc and you just cant help but love those little casters nuking there little hearts out and doing 30-50damage a nuke to ya :p

personally i think hard capping resists at 35% and capping debuffs at 0% would fix rvr for quite a few casters aswell as tanks :p -97% energy isnt my idea of fun my friends :p if you agree great if you dont agree atleast give a reason why

P

pitspawn

I read something somewhere about the capping of debuffing resists to 0% I think thats probably in a current/future US patch. High level resists are great for longetivity, but they really play a problem on classes who already have good absorb/hitpoints. Give a class chain/plate, capped SC gear, all res buffs, 1500+ hitpoints AND ignore pain and thats one mean mofo. Problem gets even worse when there is a healing class looking after them :eek:

I dont think they need to lower the resistance cap but instead raise the base damage on nuking or offer more resistance debuffs. However I dont think they could raise the damage that much because it would throw PvE balance out of whack.

On a side note, killing a groups buffer will knock everyones resistances back down :)

O

old.Belorfyn

On a side note, killing a groups buffer will knock everyones resistances back down :) [/B]

Aren't most of the resist buffs timer-based and not concentration buffs ? Atleast in mid both healer and shammy are. So killing the buffer doesn't drop them.

G

Giljotine

Aye the Friar and Cleric resist buffs aswell on a 10 minute timer

C

Cyradix

Don't raise the base damage!!

Us casuals player have a hard time in RvR as it is. We don't have uber fully maxed gear...

F

Flimgoblin

they need to scale the high-end resists etc. and the low end - cap the debuffs for example (at 0%) so that a debuff is more useful on a buffed player than an unbuffed one.

Make the resists over 20% scale so that fully buffed with RAs you're still only around 40% instead of 60%

That or do something wacky...

We'll find out soon enough - I imagine the resist stuff will be in for 1.65 :)

O

old.job

While I agree, for casual players who don't have the maxxed out gear, rvr can be nasty, but if you are a serious hardcore player, then you should get an uber char.
What would be the point of all that hard work if your char wasn't that much better than the average player.

It's all to do with honour, let the uber guys fight amongst themselves, no player will truly enjoy ganking someone if it's too easy.

T

tripitaka

Originally posted by old.Belorfyn
Aren't most of the resist buffs timer-based and not concentration buffs ? Atleast in mid both healer and shammy are. So killing the buffer doesn't drop them.

Yup - warden and druid same.

H

Hargh

Originally posted by old.job
While I agree, for casual players who don't have the maxxed out gear, rvr can be nasty, but if you are a serious hardcore player, then you should get an uber char.
What would be the point of all that hard work if your char wasn't that much better than the average player.

It's all to do with honour, let the uber guys fight amongst themselves, no player will truly enjoy ganking someone if it's too easy.

I don't think there should be any reward for being a "hardcore" player. Cap RP's per day. Now that would be something!

S

scarffs

Originally posted by Hargh
I don't think there should be any reward for being a "hardcore" player. Cap RP's per day. Now that would be something!

Loool now that would be bad for their business.

W

Wai

think imo that a low end cap of 0% will be a good enough idea aslong as the high end resists are capped at say 40% ish otherwise as it stand atm i can debuffed a unbuffed person down to a low negative resist and basically kill him in a mater of 2 clicks where as a highly buffed person even when debuffed still has +10-20% and will still take alot of dmg.

Making a high end cap and a low end cap of 0% as someone else has sed will give all debuffers more reward for debuffing a fully buffed person than someone who is completely unbuffed

F

Flimgoblin

the problem at the moment is that main nukers do cack damage whilst debuff-nukers do sick damage - despite being a more "support" spec.

(light enchanters should nuke for more than mana enchanters - but they don't)

D

dakeyras

Originally posted by old.job
no player will truly enjoy ganking someone if it's too easy.

Unfortunately that just isn't true.

Most RvR Guild groups thrive on ganking dysfunctional pickup groups of casual players. Thats the way it is.

M

Mr_Omen

well something needs to be done about resists at the end of the day :) i alb and mid have timer buffs fair enough they can still get upto 61-70% resists but hibs get baod fair enough 30secs but still upto 100+% in some resists which is rather sick i mean even a hard cap at 50% would be something id rather have hard cap 50% than 100+

Users who are viewing this thread