First WOW Beta Keys this Month

constanze

Fledgling Freddie
European World of Warcraft Closed Beta Test Starting Later This Month!

http://www.blizzard.co.uk/

Hello,

i hope somêone can still remember me :)

i am just warning you that i started my training for WoW (200 situps 200 pushups 1 h running each day) to be physical rdy for the beta :)

Greetings to all Prydwen Gimpos !F

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
hmm, signups closed or wut?

I cant find where to sign up :)

constanze

Fledgling Freddie
201 202 203 damm i will make 50 more only for mirieth

Goku

One of Freddy's beloved
<crosses fingers> just hope i get picked

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
constanze said:
i am just warning you that i started my training for WoW (200 situps 200 pushups 1 h running each day) to be physical rdy for the beta :)

Are you gonna use the help of a greek in WoW too ? ;)

The greeks did a nice job on the "training" in preparation for the Olympics ... :twak:

emma

Loyal Freddie
WoW is the new mmorpg king. it absolutely blows DAoC out of the water. Totally awesome game. Cant wait for it to go live :D

constanze

Fledgling Freddie
well yes i will start with some greeks and if rambo still wants to play with me...

i am thinking about a troll warrior -> depends on racial abilities (giv health reg)

btw emma why you wanna start wow??? i will 2 hit you :)

Sarumancer

Fledgling Freddie
trolls dont regen health, sorry.
undead cant be slept and dont need to breathe underwater
orks are green and vicious

Ive a level 19 Ork Shaman in the stress test, and I have to tell you this, WoW shits on DAOC from a -very- great height, Im having an absolute blast tooling around killing things. Quests arent just FedX runs, some are combat orientated, some are sneaky, one in particular involves a box of gophers, a stick and some mushrooms. You have to use the stick to herd the gophers down a valley to hunt mushrooms for you, and youre in the middle of an aggro area, well .. aggro to the gophers. Another one is a "defend the keep", where mobs spawn and charge in, defenders spawn to help, you have to stay alive and keep whittling the attackers down to get their boss to spawn, then deal with him.

Group size is 5, lag is non existant, graphics are lush and you WILL laugh with glee when you take a flying mount (they swoop and bank and roll around obstacles). Loading takes less than a minute, areas are -huge- you dont load/zone going into caves (just for realms or going into instanced dungeons), quests can be shared so people dont have to run around getting them then doing them with the group.

WoW has taken a look at the other mmpogs out there, taken what they do right and implemented and seen what they do wrong and done it better. Lets just say that WoW may very well pull me away from Daoc, if catacombs isnt something VERY special.

as a double plus bonus, the stress test is extended til sunday, hurrah is me !

emma

Loyal Freddie
Sarumancer said:
trolls dont regen health, sorry.
undead cant be slept and dont need to breathe underwater
orks are green and vicious

Ive a level 19 Ork Shaman in the stress test, and I have to tell you this, WoW shits on DAOC from a -very- great height, Im having an absolute blast tooling around killing things. Quests arent just FedX runs, some are combat orientated, some are sneaky, one in particular involves a box of gophers, a stick and some mushrooms. You have to use the stick to herd the gophers down a valley to hunt mushrooms for you, and youre in the middle of an aggro area, well .. aggro to the gophers. Another one is a "defend the keep", where mobs spawn and charge in, defenders spawn to help, you have to stay alive and keep whittling the attackers down to get their boss to spawn, then deal with him.

Group size is 5, lag is non existant, graphics are lush and you WILL laugh with glee when you take a flying mount (they swoop and bank and roll around obstacles). Loading takes less than a minute, areas are -huge- you dont load/zone going into caves (just for realms or going into instanced dungeons), quests can be shared so people dont have to run around getting them then doing them with the group.

WoW has taken a look at the other mmpogs out there, taken what they do right and implemented and seen what they do wrong and done it better. Lets just say that WoW may very well pull me away from Daoc, if catacombs isnt something VERY special.

as a double plus bonus, the stress test is extended til sunday, hurrah is me !
well i quit DAoC a couple months ago and just by watching my flat m8 play WoW in the beta i can already see it beats DAoC by miles. He`s having a great time and loads of fun playing a supposidly gimped class (Warlock), if you can have fun with a gimped class im sure the game is going to be awesome with none gimped ones.

Its defenatly got me interested and i will most certainly be playing it come october/november when it gets released.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Altho WoW is fun its not worth quitting DAoC for...

Gamah

Banned
emma said:
well i quit DAoC a couple months ago and just by watching my flat m8 play WoW in the beta i can already see it beats DAoC by miles. He`s having a great time and loads of fun playing a supposidly gimped class (Warlock), if you can have fun with a gimped class im sure the game is going to be awesome with none gimped ones.

Its defenatly got me interested and i will most certainly be playing it come october/november when it gets released.

Clearly you know everything about the high end game from watching your flat mate play :twak:

Persoanly I reserve judgement untill I play it myself but I will probably be too busy twaking combines in HL2 :p

Hufner

Fledgling Freddie
Sigurd said:
Apparantly WoW sucks... recast on every style/spell lol...

Depends on your point of view I guess...
I've played WoW for a week now in the stress test.
And IMNHO it's a great game.
It's still closed beta, meaning they're not done tweaking yet - but what I've seen and experienced so far is fantastic!

Mind you, I'm speaking from a PvE perspective here - not PvP.

Rellik

Fledgling Freddie
lets hope they do something with the PvP system cuse atm its CRAP :eek:

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
DAoC changed alot in it's first year after release, so the current beta/release version of WoW doesn't mean the game will stay like that. Expansions will add new areas/classes/skills etc and even now Blizard are making changes to the pvp system.

What I've seen of the game in the past week has convinced me to buy it on release. Despite the cartoony graphics, the animations and landscapes are very natural. The cities will blow you away.

I haven't experienced the high-level content, but I'd expect Blizzard will keep on tweaking it over the next few months and even after the game is released, like every other MMORPG out there. So it's not a big issue if the end-game doesn't offer much yet.

emma

Loyal Freddie
Gamah said:
Clearly you know everything about the high end game from watching your flat mate play :twak:

Persoanly I reserve judgement untill I play it myself but I will probably be too busy twaking combines in HL2 :p
True, but if i game can get your very interested from its low end content, then its only going to get better at higher levels.

As for the timer based styles/spells thats a good thing tbh. Means spells cant be spammed none stop like ummm PBAE ;p

Not seen any of the PvP in WoW yet although to be honest that doesnt interest me at this point in time i just want a good, fun, enjoyable RPG and PvP doesnt mean FUN. Look at DAoC. PvP ruined the game for many people with its insanely huge grinds to get competitive.

Im actually glad i quit DAoC the game was just too frustrating to be fun anymore and the game balance is way out. Atleast going by Blizzards previous games. Balance should be pretty good from the games initial release unlike DAoC which still feels like a beta to this very day.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Can't see what people see that makes wow seem as good as they say.

Just seems a mediocre game to me and overated.

Hufner

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho said:

We all have different opinions of what's good and not...
<shrugs>

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Sycho said:

the thing is... its WARCRAFT.... and i love warcraft..... with a kind of daoc style :eek2:

cant wait to try it out :)

oh and about spells not being spammed.... WOOHOO, means you die in about 30 seconds instead of 5 seconds :)

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
constanze said:
European World of Warcraft Closed Beta Test Starting Later This Month!

http://www.blizzard.co.uk/

Hello,

i hope somêone can still remember me :)

last time i checked this isn't the WoW forum and doesn't have anything to do with DAOC along with all the other non-daoc info people insist on posting, at least post it on the off topic section

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
US OB will probably be better to play on rather than EU CB for obvious reasons. It's a fun game, however the PvP flagging system can be annoying. Quests can be cool, made 90% of my xp from questing in a group. Am level 30 and completed a couple of instances which are nice. Worth a try at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom