News First unmanned stealth bomber flight

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Unmanned warfare? - this is the start of the end :\ Soon, they'll start shooting us :(

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Unmanned fighters next. Imagine the sort of acrobatics that could be pulled off without having ot take into account the effect of G-Forces on pilots?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Unmanned fighters next. Imagine the sort of acrobatics that could be pulled off without having ot take into account the effect of G-Forces on pilots?

There's a big jump from UAV bombers to UAV fighters. The next step will probably be some kind of UAV long-range interceptor (an air-to-air missile carrier basically), then a dogfighter a lot further down the line. Acrobatics are all very well, but the plane has to be capable of handling the remote control inputs and there's always lag with UAVs, which isn't really ideal for complex manoeuvring.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
There's a big jump from UAV bombers to UAV fighters. The next step will probably be some kind of UAV long-range interceptor (an air-to-air missile carrier basically), then a dogfighter a lot further down the line. Acrobatics are all very well, but the plane has to be capable of handling the remote control inputs and there's always lag with UAVs, which isn't really ideal for complex manoeuvring.
Would be cool thou :D Just imagine the new TV shows, UAV Fighters in dog fights. I would pwn you all :p

rynnor

Rockhound
In a real military action wouldnt you just jam the control signal for UAVs?

Influenza

Part of the furniture
Its only a matter of time before..

Terminators.jpg

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
Sometimes I think if the robots did rise to power and wipe the out the human race we would probably be better off.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Sometimes I think if the robots did rise to power and wipe the out the human race we would probably be better off.

The roaches would be, over 1 billion tons of free meat to munch on.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The roaches would be, over 1 billion tons of free meat to munch on.

:eek7:

:eek6:

*pulls out the calculator*

:eek:

Surely the average weight of a human isn't a whopping 150kg. Especially since 1/6th of it is chinese.

Not to mention if we take out bones from that :p

On the topic though;

Next step isn't unmanned fighters, but i'd say unmanned helipoopers.

Ezteq

Queen of OT

looooooool no, we'd all be dead; how is that better off???

I like my life and intend to keep it...though sometimes I do hope for the demise of most of the population of the planet; mainly the ones that come into my work and abuse me (and not in a good way), all fuckwits in general....and clowns then I'd be much better off tbh.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
looooooool no, we'd all be dead; how is that better off???

I like my life and intend to keep it...though sometimes I do hope for the demise of most of the population of the planet; mainly the ones that come into my work and abuse me (and not in a good way), all fuckwits in general....and clowns then I'd be much better off tbh.

Fuckwits and clowns get my vote.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
they'll be inventing missiles that home onto their targets with pinpoint accuracy next.....

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
they'll be inventing missiles that home onto their targets with pinpoint accuracy next.....

They have that already :(

They can also level a cityblock with artillery, next to their troops, without one hair harmed non their troops.

Most robot enhanced...

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
They have that already :(

Yar. My point m8

Why go to all the expense when you can just launch a cruise missile from a sub? Or drop a bomb from a B52 with laser precision from 50,000 ft up? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for advancing technology...but do we NEED this?

Lets face it, the Taliban will NEVER be defeated. No one has ever conquered Afghanistan. You can't beat guerilla warfare.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ah yeah, good point there.

Though, a life saved is a nice counter for it, but then again, every life tech save for the US/UK, means more lost for the other guys.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
And its not REALLY the Taliban we should be going after. Some poor farmer with a tiny plot of land is our enemy? Yes, they're armed, but only cos we've invaded their land. Its Al Quaeda we need to hunt. And the terrorist cells in each of our countries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom