First death

O

old.Alliandre

Ok. Think back all that time ago. What did you first die to in DAoC?

I think mine was a water beetle lavae when I accidentily selected another one that was going past when I was a lil stalker. :D

M

~Mobius~

When I made my 1st ever char in Mularn and didnt know about the con system. I'm the sort of person who NEVER reads a manual. :)

N

-Nxs-

Mulgrut damn Maggot !!!

he roams the lowbee hunting grounds in Alb, and is VERY agro

T

tripitaka

Stupidity, and a loose cable

I pulled my network lead out of the PC by accident the first time i died so don't know what i died to - but it was a LD death in Midgard's level 1 & 2 mobs in vasudheim.

Its the kinda thing u don't forget tho.

T

tasllehoff

I had made a lvl 1 elementalist, fired a cold blast ... or something like that :) and didnt knew how to attack that damn wolf in melee :D

O

old.Lythande

I was playing hib in beta with my friends, we were all real noobs so when we had created all our characters and gathered up in Ardee one person spotted a mob called Streaming wisp and went for it :D We all died a quick and painless death.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

A poacher at level 3. I didn't realise that rogues can't kill yellows at that level. :(

I went back and punished him good when I hit level 15 though. :D

S

syri

Originally posted by -Nxs-
Mulgrut damn Maggot !!!

he roams the lowbee hunting grounds in Alb, and is VERY agro
ah yes, alb's newbie victimiser....
every time one of my alts died to him, i just felt the need to log a higher character on and take him down...

i think my first death was to a skeleton when i started my first character, a little accolyte. didn't look up how the con system worked....

B

Brunore

Mine was in beta, in the vale of mularn.

Level 3 exploring, saw a big building like thing and ran over, then got wasted by a Fire Giant Scout.

As you can guess, I just found Muspelhiem. :(

S

Sharma

Heh, when i didnt know about interupts i didnt know as a caster you had to melee to i sat there hammering the spell buttons

K

Kagato.

My first death as a young fighter was at around 2 or 3 when fighting a red lion, thanks to an EB from a level 8 theurgist I got a little bit to over confident and paid the price, think the lion was orange con, it was on the hills between humberton and ludlow.

S

seeaira

Originally posted by Kagato.
My first death as a young fighter was at around 2 or 3 when fighting a red lion, thanks to an EB from a level 8 theurgist I got a little bit to over confident and paid the price, think the lion was orange con, it was on the hills between humberton and ludlow.

lol I died to the same thing... had help from the Brethren (Wedge) with his wizzard on some buffs and was killing everything it sight.. im blonde in rl so it took me a good month to learn about the color con thing lol :rolleyes:

C

Cybwyn

A small bear. I'm another one who didn't know about the con system and died about 4 times at L2 trying to kill this damn bear. I also remember running along the road from Cotswold Village to Prydwen Keep (didn't dare cut across the grass) and shitting myself when I saw a plague spider heading straight for me (Level 0 mob for non-Albs). :D

M

Meeks

Was exploring outside fort Atla and finally found something that looked small enough for me to kill, a Wee Wolf....but i was so wrong :D

Tried to find it later to get revenge, but never did :p

H

hercules-df

very early in beta, i think it was those goblin fishermen near humbarton, my main memorys of beta are from being there, and flids and first seeing the plains, it felt a lot bigger then, and further away :) grp wipeout by giant chicken of course :D

M

Mavl

Mine was when i tried to staffkill a yellow mob at lvl1 near lethantis :)

M

mestoph

lvl 2, with my enchanter. I was exploring, got a little lost so decided to find the closest target and die to it. So i hit f8 and f6, little did i know that i was actually stood next to a Grovewood. Scared the crap out of me, seeing the trees up root. I was expecting to target the Gale nearby and have to run over to it.

L

lacroix

Started beta off in Hib, Connla there - and got killed by the water beetle/collector aggro there on this mini island (when they call for help etc) - took me ages to figure out why - when they were all neutral to me - they were ganging up on me all of sudden :D

First time in Alb must have been these little red lions in Campacorentin Forrest - they were orange con to me at the time and I though "let's try" ;) .

Y

Yussef

Not sure what I died to first, but I used to die so much. Running heal chant when being lowest level Paladin in the group = bad :X

G

greenfingers

Hotmamma
at that time, she was a he... and was an Armsman... I roamed pretty badly in the Humberton Hills :p

I died at lvl 3 or 4 I think, killed by a Dwarf Pillager, West of Humberton, near that tower ;)

S

Sarnat

Mine was in beta... perhaps a wood-eater or something or maybe a hill person. But the funny thing is that the death text scrolled off the chat box and I didn't know how to scroll it so I didn't see the "type /release plaa plaa" so I had to ask my friend who had told me about daoc what to do when face down.

V

Validus

that annoying stone obelisk in camelot hills with all those zombies and skellies around it. pull one blue con zombie in melee= get 8 other undead on ya flower scented bumhole

O

old.Tohtori

Jumping from a tower in Galplen. The tall one. You know the place. You need to do an end run to get there before your health regs :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom