Firewall configuration

fordy1

Fledgling Freddie
Hi, I dont know where else I could ask this Q as long as I cant post threads. I need to konw which ports is WAR using so I can config the firewall and so on. Can anyone help, please? Thanks much.

rynnor

Rockhound
Sorry - I dont know but I have forwarded your question on :(

Worfen

Fledgling Freddie
Why so paranoid? Allow all outgoing ports and allow for ESTABLISHED, RELATED ports inbound and you're home free.

Jericho

Fledgling Freddie
Does your firewall not have program control so you can just set it to allow program X (e.g. warpatch.exe) through?

fordy1

Fledgling Freddie
Does your firewall not have program control so you can just set it to allow program X (e.g. warpatch.exe) through?

It's not my firewall. I don't have acces to it. I can only ask IT department to open ports, because they have all closed and they open it when asked. My personal firewall is not my problem...

fordy1

Fledgling Freddie
I looked through some forums and other websites and I found these ports to be opened for war.exe and warpatch.exe: 1380, 10622, 8046, 4574. Is there anyone to confirm? I need to know it for sure. Thanks!

Raes

Fledgling Freddie
afaik 4574 is for the patcher.

The others differ for each server, I know 10622 is for Eight Peaks and Azgal, because I had problems with it.

If you can connect to the server you want to play on, then run netstat in CMD prompt it'll tell you the ip : port for that server (80.12.99.XXX:XXXX).

AtticAttak

Fledgling Freddie
The Warhammer news on September 19th advises...
"In your firewall's configuration menu, open the ports 80, 6881 to 6889 and 6969 (TCP) and authorise the patcher to connect to the internet via these ports."

The FAQs suggest...
"configure your router settings to open the following ports"

- UDP port 1024-65535
- TCP port 8040-8049
- TCP port 10622

These port settings should only be outbound from your PC I think.

The FAQ section also advises you to set the firewall to allow war.exe warpatch.exe and warpatch.bin

Sonny

Fledgling Freddie
Theyre actually listed in the instruction manual, is it only me that read it?

Patcher TCP port 1380
Game TCP port 10622
Game UDP ports 1024 and up

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom