Firefox & 75%

Yaka

Part of the furniture
according to this Guardian article 75% of peeps who download mozilla's firefox browser dont continue to use it. the article cites the improvments in IE7 over IE6 as the main culprit.

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
I'd cite "Oh, this comes as part of windows therefore it must be better." as the problem. I'd like to know the ratio of firefox installations to firefox articles read.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Ummmm, thats not the link you wanted it to be.

But Trem is great and hes fixed it now.

Chilly

Balls of steel
It also comes down to the fact that IE7 isnt all that bad if you are not a pro user (which many of us fall into). I suspect that if you look at firefox usage vs other browsers on a demographic by demographic basis it will be the peons who have no real reason to switch that make up the bulk of IE users. And to be fair - why *should* they download firefox? They probably have virus and malware scanners sold to them as part of a new PC and windows supplies some pretty decent anti malware kit as well.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Most people tend to check out the web stats for their sites to guess the amount of Firefox users.

Every set of statistics is going to show a different set of results. A tech related site might have a high percentage of Firefox users, people may download once and install on multiple machines, not everyone who downloads is going to use it, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom