Fire or Ice?

PinkyPink

Fledgling Freddie
Fire or Ice for a wiz who still needs to lvl some artifacts b4 he is complete i wanna grp for ac to lvl Dreamsphere and ceremonial bracer was thinking ice might be better until i lvl them. Then using a respec stone or shall i just wait til NF?? Yor opinion please.

Pink

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Fire for RvR I think, high dmg bolts and a high delve DD all in 1 line.

if u wanna lvl fast artys go ice and spam ice wiz lfg in AC youll get one pretty fast.. after that tho id agree and go Fire for NF... seems like ice has had its day when u cant pbaoe thru walls anymore.. nice decision mythic :touch:

Wmv

Fledgling Freddie
Elewyth(TLSOA) said:
seems like ice has had its day when u cant pbaoe thru walls anymore.. nice decision mythic :touch:
yes

Damentorion

Fledgling Freddie
since when do cere bracers lvl in AC ?

ive tried it but didnt gain any xp, any specific mobs i dont know off ?

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Fire for solo exping, ice for groups.

Fire for rvr definetly, nuking 700s a go with a body sorc is pretty damn fun, if anyone can host a ss i can show you how hard a toa fire wiz nukes with debuff if you like.

Claudius

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho said:
Fire for rvr definetly, nuking 700s a go with a body sorc is pretty damn fun, if anyone can host a ss i can show you how hard a toa fire wiz nukes with debuff if you like.

caby+sorc combo better than sorc+wiz combo in so many ways that it is not even funny.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Who said it wasn't?

Like i care anyway, i enjoy my class.

Rumpaton

Fledgling Freddie
they both have advantages, for NF though wizzies will have a big advantage due to a lot of it being siege stuff.

Wookster

Fledgling Freddie
Well.....

Well it always seems to me that everybody is forgeting something about the Wizard class, what about the EARTH spec?
You would think that there was only 2 wizard classes but there are 3.. :eek2:
earth is a good spec, it might not have all the damaging abilites of fire or all the Pbaoe of ice but IMHO i think that it is a good mix, they have their bolts witch are not to bad dam, (how many ppl put resists in matter?) a aoe root/snare, GtAoE now when NF come out what is the only speel that will be able to be used through/passed walls? and what is the only class that has it?
the 48th dot that earth gets is a real good dot, quite a lot of dam and 3 ticks, and we are versitile, so please when you are thinking about all the various classes to be include earth in it, not many ppl play then so they are not seen much, but we will have our day :)

Wooks.

Wookster 50 Earth Wizz. :clap:

PinkyPink

Fledgling Freddie
Had a 50 sorc wasnt much fun 300-450 nukes on enemies in RvR isnt my idea of a good time, without a debuff on wiz im close to about 500 every time not to mention the 650-750 dmg on a spec bolt is always fun. Respec'd to fire and is going well. Wiz sorc combo would be quite fun i think, got my bro doing a body sorc as i type this hehe. ;)

Pink.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Pao said:
anyone tried fire/earth 3 bolt splitspec?

think earth bolt is on same timer as fire base or spec bolt, not sure if it was fixed or not.

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
Earth just doesnt have enough damage OR utility to merit using it as a primary spec in my opinion. As I'm sure most people are by now aware, RvR is about doing damage fast before your opponent can react. Similarly to matter cabalists, earth wizards find this very difficult. GTAE is being nerfed in much the same way as PBAE, it will only work in areas open to the sky, and players are able to take shelter under nearby structures in order to escape its' effects. The fire and earth spec bolts are much of a muchness, and if the earth bolt was on the same timer as the fire baseline bolt at some point, then it's been fixed. The earth bolt does hit slightly harder but the fire bolt is always backed up by another hard-hitting baseline bolt in its' wake.

Pre-NF ice is definitely still the way to go while open-field PBAE is still a regular occurance. It seems however that with the large-scale siege and open warfare in NF, fire is the way to go (2x hard bolts, hard debuffable DDs, AE DD) in order to maximise your own RP gain from any given situation.

...hurray :) Time to respec back.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Pao said:
anyone tried fire/earth 3 bolt splitspec?
Fing tried it on his wiz from what I remember, but he just loves the 'gimp specs' - getting a sensible opinion on how viable it is from him isnt too likely :wub:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom