Finished it.

W

WPKenny

Well, after mammoth games sessions I managed to complete the game in a couple of days on "Bring em on".
This game is simply amazing. Better than the first time I played Half-Life IMHO.

I have one gripe though....
The last boss is WAY too easy. I just took out that electricty gun thingy and strafed around him in a circle with my finger held on the fire button. I legged it away once to get more ammo for it (there's a 50 charge cell bhind some boxes) but that was all I needed.

I won't tell you what happens after that but I must say I was very dissapointed. The ending can't have lasted more than 30 seconds!!
Cut scenes in the game lasted longer than that!

Anyway..aside from the crappy ending it was one of THE best games I have EVER played. I'm just grateful I've got a computer good enough to display it in all it's glory.

A tip....if you're not playing it with headphones on and the lights out then you're missing out on one hell of an atmosphere. Try it!!

E

Embattle

Originally posted by WPKenny
display it in all it's glory.

So the monitors working then ;)

I liked the end boss on serious sam....he was fairly hard.

O

old.Kurt_Angle

Narr in my eyes, soon as i got onto the forest level i could see counter strikes days being done for.

If a quake 3 mod team can exploit it, cs is history:O

S

Stazbumpa

how in the name of christ do you reverse the mouse in single player?

S

SoWat

soon as i got onto the forest level i could see counter strikes days being done for

The reason that CS is so popular is that there's a lot of cheats for it.

I personally liked the 'bombed city' scenario. Would be great for some sort of multiplayer snipefest.

O

old.mAxOr

I have just finished it and the only thing about the game that impressed me was the graphics and detail on the bad guys. I think RtCW is just too simple, you may as well be playing Wolfenstein 3d.

I thought the bad guys were completely dumb, and there just wasn't enough realism in the whole game. Not enough interaction between the player and the scenery made it boring IMO. The end was pathetic, heres an entity thats supposed to be the hardest bastard around and he can't even catch up with a human LOL. The way it looks to me is that RtCW has concentrated more on the shooting aspect which just got boring, I found myself using the same weapon all the time for the crappy bad guys (nearly all of them).

The best FPS games i've played so far are Half-life and Dues Ex. They were not perfect but at least they did something new. I don't know about anyone else but RtCW seemed very short as well. I played it on the middle skill level as I thought i'd be wanting to play it again on a hight skill level after, after that ending it really doesn't seem worth playing again.

Anyway thats just my view on the game, it could of been better IMO.

O

old.bee

well...medal of honour is on its way...and probably far better too :D

T

throdgrain

no way is rtcw better than cs no way.its far too vague for my taste.dont get me wrong i do like it,i just cant see it replacing cs as the most popular online fps game.in fact i cant even see it being close.
i know i keep going on about it ,but one of the beautys of cs is people have computers they can play the bloody game on!

K

*Kornholio*

My pc runs CS & RTCW - well, it used to run CS before RTCW was installed, now i just can't bring myself to click the CS icon... RTCW 0WNZ J00 !!!!!!

S

Sawtooth

I really h8 to see people still going on about Half-life. It was okayish at best. Very short with a few well scripted....scripted events. RTCW has those but a lot of the actions are not scripted...thats class. Seeing NPCs backing off in an orderly way covering each other is streets ahead of Half-life. Graphically HL should have been buried years ago.

The maps for RTCW are superb and the game modes very satisfying...CS has to come up with a lot more to compete now.

Saw

O

old.mAxOr

The end was the real problem tho, its just a big let down when its easy to kill the last boss (who in this case should be something special as its been built up to sound like that, unlike other games). The NPC's where nothing special, you could walk up to one far too easily from the side, even reload your weapon and they still don't notice you. Try doing that in Dues Ex, if I remember rightly they were a bitch to sneak up on. Hardly ever saw them giving covering fire, probably because they were dead too quickly :).

Half-life was great because it was a new experience, it didn't matter about graphics. Dues Ex was great for the same reason all over again but had a lot more. What exactly is RtCW great for? Maybe I was a bit harsh before, I did like it a little but thats just because I love FPS games, I wasn't blown away like I was expecting. Still got Unreal 2, Doom 3, Half-life 2 and Dues Ex 2 to look forward too i guess :).

M

Moving Target

Originally posted by sawtooth
I really h8 to see people still going on about Half-life. It was okayish at best. Very short with a few well scripted....scripted events. RTCW has those but a lot of the actions are not scripted...thats class. Seeing NPCs backing off in an orderly way covering each other is streets ahead of Half-life. Graphically HL should have been buried years ago.

The maps for RTCW are superb and the game modes very satisfying...CS has to come up with a lot more to compete now.

Saw

RtCWs AI is only intelligent compared to a retard. The game was far too easy and didnt add much new to the FPS genre. Also, PC Gamer said it was the FPS of the year so I have to hate it.

W

Wazzerphuk

Re: Re: Finished it.

Originally posted by Embattle

So the monitors working then ;)

I liked the end boss on serious sam....he was fairly hard.

Fairleh hard? He was a mentalist! :D

O

old.mAxOr

ATM I totally agree with what Moving Target has said. I'm gonna try the hardest skill setting and see if its any better.

T

throdgrain

i would have thought the hardest setting was the ONLY setting to use.
:confused:

O

old.Buzz

Played RTCW on hardest difficulty and i thought the game seriously bog standard, there was no nice scripted events, it was Linear, lame weapons, easy, no interaction with map, thin storey. Seen it all before.

How this was game of the year ill never know, me smells huge bribe from publisher

These are what i think make good FPS

System shock 1 and 2(FPS and RPG)
Deus Ex(FPS and RPG)
Alien VS Predator 2(marine missions were genuinly scarey)
Operation Flashpoint(Tactical FPS)
Ghost Recon(Tactical FPS)
Half life(Groundbreaking for the time, but its had its day)

i do find the multiplayer enjoyable though in RTCW:)

O

old.wolfplayer

OMG

OH MY GOD PEOPLE!:upyours: Your right, the single player does kind of suck, its alrite! But what its really here for is multi-player!!!

Single-player is for when your phone line is in use, when its not, PLAY MULTI-PLAYER!!!:p

T

throdgrain

theres obviously three settings so that n00bs can play it too maxor.however as this is a internet gaming forum i would hope the ppl here are reasonably good players.
so whats your excuse? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread