Finding Housing in Copenhagen

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Danes,

My girlfriend and I are moving to Denmark around the 20th of August this year. She will be studying a masters at Copenhagen Uni and I will be working. She has been offered a room by the University, and while I have been told by her course supervisor that the room would probably be big enough of the both of us, I would not be able to use it as a permanent address, only as a C/o address.

It has been recommended that she accept the offer anyway, but I am worried that if it turns out to be a tiny place it will be crap. We are not sure if it will be a 12 month contract on the place or if it's just a month by month deal and I am trying to find this out atm.

Despite the advice, I think we would be better off finding our own place. Can anyone recommend a good place to start looking for an apartment? Also, where would be a good area to live for study and work? I've heard that most Danes seem to think housing is expensive, around £350 a month for a good place, but this is fairly standard around the area we live now anyway so it's not much of an issue. A place costing around £500 a month between the two of us would be fine.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Mate you'll be having a laugh finding a sweet apartment for two at the price of £500~

I can ask my landlord if he is capable of finding something in the same price range and area as where I am living atm, if you'd like? 2km out of the city centre, pay roughly £400 a month, heat included, and we're close to public transportation, so it basically takes us 10 minutes to get into the city.

The university has different location scattered all over the city, but pretty much regardless where you'll end up you will be no further than 30 minutes away from all of them.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
To be honest, we don't even need an apartment, we'd be happy with just a double room in a house. Is this common? Living around where you live would be great as well, being right in the city centre isn't hugely important. Do you live in Fredriksberg? That seems popular.

CorNokZ

Nah, live in Østerbro :) Frederiksberg is really nice, doesn't feel that city'ish, if you know what I mean? Lots of open alleys and parks etc.

If you're going for just a double room, it could be a possibility to rent a floor in one of the many villas in Frederiksberg. I don't know if people actually rent out parts of their villas, but it's worth a try having a look. Not having your own bathoom/Toilet/kitchen is shit tho mate.. You don't wanna do that

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I've lived in shared housing for about 5 years man i'm used to it!

I'm hoping that we can take a place in uni housing but not have to sign up for more than a couple of months so we can have a proper look when we have moved there and know the place a bit.

Also when we move there, if you come and show us about i'll buy you a beer or 2!

If you could ask your landlord that would be amazing, cheers.

CorNokZ

I'm leaving around the time you arrive, lol.. Going to Valencia and I'll be back come 23rd of December

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Can we just have your apartment?

- English -

Resident Freddy
May I ask why your moving to CPH? and what job you have?

I have lived in Denmark for about 1.5 years now (roskilde area), and although I have a shitty part time avisbud job (paper boy working nights), the main problem is the language barrier which is holding me back to start my health studies and get another job. Hopefully in 1 year i might be fluent enough to apply :)

Selvfoelgelig bliver jeg bedre at taler dansk :)

CorNokZ

Can we just have your apartment?

Actually you can, but I'll need it back in January.. My gf is leaving around the same time, and we are actually looking for someone to take it over for the few months that we are gone

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Actually you can, but I'll need it back in January.. My gf is leaving around the same time, and we are actually looking for someone to take it over for the few months that we are gone

O rly? Are you looking now? My gf is in Tanzania atm, but i'll ask her about it asap. A few months would be fine because we can use that time to look for somewhere more permanent and it would be better than sharing a box room in some uni digs.

Do you know what date you are leaving?

CorNokZ

Not exactly yet, no. I'll have to run it by the gf as well mate

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
yeah course no worries, ive no idea what we're doing yet anyway, may still take the uni accommodation

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned

I have lived in Denmark for about 1.5 years now (roskilde area), and although I have a shitty part time avisbud job (paper boy working nights), the main problem is the language barrier which is holding me back to start my health studies and get another job. Hopefully in 1 year i might be fluent enough to apply :)

Don't lie jim, you work as a part time rent boy dressed up as a pizzahut boy.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

Don't have a job sorted, don't speak the language :)

I have loads of experience in remedial work and some better jobs as well, and i'm willing to work anywhere so i'm not too worried about finding work. I'll start to learn Danish as soon as my exams are over so i'll have some at least when I move out there.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
never done it before but i'd definitely do it!

- English -

Resident Freddy
Don't have a job sorted, don't speak the language :)

I have loads of experience in remedial work and some better jobs as well, and i'm willing to work anywhere so i'm not too worried about finding work. I'll start to learn Danish as soon as my exams are over so i'll have some at least when I move out there.

Let me know, we can practice together online .. maybe :)

CorNokZ

Mate, my GF's sister needs a place to stay until she gets her own appartment(currently living with their parents), so when I go to Valencia she will be living here..

I asked my landlord, but still no answer yet

CorNokZ

Sister's GF didnt want to live here for some weird reason, so we need someone to rent our appartment from 1st of september - 31st of December.. The price is around £720 with heat, water, electricity etc.

Full furnished, fish for you to take care of and internet etc.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
if you have the kind of skills/experience a big multinational company are after not speaking danish shouldnt be a problem

i moved to Finland and work in an office where work language is English, ive been here nearly a year and only speak a little of the local lingo

but Danish is easy compared to Finnish ;)

certain areas to avoid in CPH tho, Nørrebro is pretty rough these days and although i am from there, Ishøj may be cheap but its not the greatest place to live :p

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
but Danish is easy compared to Finnish ;)
Lies not even the danes understand eachother.

PROOF

YouTube - ‪Danish language‬‏

Finnish you just add random I, U, K all over the place and you speak it.. :flame:

Funny thing about Swedish, Norwegian, and Danish, Easier to understand norwegian and swedish for us, than Danish, even thou Swedish and danish is closer related than norwegian which is closer to "norse" than swedish/danish. :) Soumilainen is just a language thats perfect for when you are drunk all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom