find me a new pc case

- English -

Resident Freddy
My current one is driving me crazy....

i mean wtf @ these temps... i need some serious cooling for some reason

tempswn4.jpg

- English -

Resident Freddy
just applied some new paste and its making absoulte no difference.. any ideas?

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
I really can only strongly recommend 'Silverstone' or 'lian li'. I have never been a fan of bling bling cases with lights all over the place. A subtle but attractive alloy finish has always been my prefered style. Both tend to employ the CPU at the very bottom of the case style rather than GPU or alternatively PSU that you seen in most cases. Its always best to have the most temperature sensitive component at the bottom.

Regarding temperatures, what type of CPU do you have? it makes a big difference as to whether those are normal or high temperatures.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
p.s. something must be wrong with the sensors in your mobo (or its not 100% supported by speedfan) as the fans cannot be spinning that fast or else your PC would probably being leaving the atmosphere about now :)

- English -

Resident Freddy
hmm its always said that, reconmend any other progs to check ?

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
What brand/type mobo do you have?

Most mobo manufacturers have some application from their own,specific for a certain mobo or line of mobo's, which might work the best.

I doubt the CPU is actually that hot, either that or you've seriously mounted it wrong, or mounted an underspecced fan.

Please list your mobo brand/type, cpu type and CPU cooler brand/type...

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
*img*

*img*

they what you mean?

Almost :)

Did you assemble the PC yourself? Or did you buy a pre-built one, like Dell or HP?

If the former, did you use the CPU cooler provided with the cpu? or did you mount the CPU with an aftermarket cooler?

- English -

Resident Freddy
Almost :)

Did you assemble the PC yourself? Or did you buy a pre-built one, like Dell or HP?

If the former, did you use the CPU cooler provided with the cpu? or did you mount the CPU with an aftermarket cooler?

yes ive got the intel cooler which came with it, but ive already ordered another one which should be coming tomorrow. YOu rekcon this could be the prob?

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
If its a case you're after, get a P180 imo

Whilst the P190 is out too, its pricey.

I have a P180 and its awesome, quiet and really good cooling.

3 120mm fans mean 22 degrees idle temp on my 3700+ running at 2.4ghz

If i take the processor up to 2.9 or so it idles at around 30 degrees.

Stock fan/heatsink

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
yes ive got the intel cooler which came with it, but ive already ordered another one which should be coming tomorrow. YOu rekcon this could be the prob?

the stock coolers are pretty god so i wouldnt have thought it would be that. is there a clear path for air inside? cleaning up your wires is always a good start

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
*img*
with my new processor fan :D

Well, that solved it then :D

Still the aircraft turbine-speed rpm readouts though, but guess that's an innocent error then, unless you want to use turbofan's fan controller...

Anyway, I looked at the site of your mobo and couldn't find any fitting utilities that quick, so don't know if Gigabyte does have something similar to speedfan. There is however EasyTune 5 (second util) which can read out fanspeed and temperatures if I read it correctly, but be careful with that program, cos it's also an O/C utility, which _can_ fry your computer if you turn up the FSB, multiplyer, or turn down the fanspeed...

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
untitled2xl1.jpg

they what you mean?

Something is majorly wrong with your CPU or the reporting info.

The multiplier in a E6600 should be locked at 9X and be next to impossible to change without some serious knowledge. (only the extreme version of the conroe alows multiplier changes with the stock configuration).

Hence with the default FSB that should put your core speed at 2.4 (the standard speed for a 6600).

something like;

untitledob7.jpg

p.s. your Vcore is also far below the recommended level for a defaul FSB clock, I wouldnt be surprised if there were some stability issues at that level.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Akasa Eclipse 62 if your on a budget,
Coolermaster stacker if you are going for mid range
Lian li v2100 plus if you have no budget,
all the above are very easy to install watercooling if you want to go down that route

silverstone tj07 has a rad space already if you dont like cutting the hole

- English -

Resident Freddy
Something is majorly wrong with your CPU or the reporting info.

The multiplier in a E6600 should be locked at 9X and be next to impossible to change without some serious knowledge. (only the extreme version of the conroe alows multiplier changes with the stock configuration).

Hence with the default FSB that should put your core speed at 2.4 (the standard speed for a 6600).

something like;

untitledob7.jpg

p.s. your Vcore is also far below the recommended level for a defaul FSB clock, I wouldnt be surprised if there were some stability issues at that level.

hmmm any ideas how i can check this to see if its ok?

Chronictank

FH is my second home
hmmm any ideas how i can check this to see if its ok?

do a 8-12 hr run of Orthos or Prime 95 (one isntance for each core)
If you are running XP run Intel TAT (Thermal Analysis Tool)
Remember to keep an eye on the temps and the clock speed, i personally run Throttlewatch to ensure my cpu isnt throttling
C2D's are good up to 70oC before they throttle but as a general rule i will aim as close to 50oC on load as possible.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Fitted one of these to my main rig last summer:

reserator1v2_03.jpg

Zalman Reservator, pump makes vritually no noise. The rig which has a AMD 64 X 2 4800 set up on a Asus M2N32-SLI Mobo, with 2 Gb Ram and 2 x Sli BFG 8800GTS cards. The cooling is setup for both Vid Cards and the Processor. The Processor temp stays around 36-39 degrees. Prior to this being fitted using the standard fans it was reaching 49.

Main advantage is that it is so damn quiet now, I love it. Case is a Termaltake Tsunami, black aluminium. Apart from the Graphx cards its all pretty cheap stuff.

Dabs sell the Reservator V1 for 120 GBP but you have to make sure you get the right processor block delivered with it. Took me 3 attempts to get the AM2 one :(

- English -

Resident Freddy
Fitted one of these to my main rig last summer:

reserator1v2_03.jpg

Zalman Reservator, pump makes vritually no noise. The rig which has a AMD 64 X 2 4800 set up on a Asus M2N32-SLI Mobo, with 2 Gb Ram and 2 x Sli BFG 8800GTS cards. The cooling is setup for both Vid Cards and the Processor. The Processor temp stays around 36-39 degrees. Prior to this being fitted using the standard fans it was reaching 49.

Main advantage is that it is so damn quiet now, I love it. Case is a Termaltake Tsunami, black aluminium. Apart from the Graphx cards its all pretty cheap stuff.

Dabs sell the Reservator V1 for 120 GBP but you have to make sure you get the right processor block delivered with it. Took me 3 attempts to get the AM2 one :(

omg thats so cool.. but i dont think ill try that yet .. ill probably knock the tank onto my cpu or something ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom