Finally! News!

D

dwindimir

The news under the sun !
[2003-13-06]

This week news : Servers, patch 1.62, events, the coming /level command and, the long awaited polling booth.

Servers

Regarding the upgrades of the servers not yet using the new Bi-Xéon, we are still keeping a close watch on the stability of the servers and will regularly invest in the technical resources required so you can play in the best possible conditions.
Rejoice for Excalibur is still on our list. We had a little "unforeseen" problem in the preparation of the new & upgraded server but no worry, it's still coming. Orcanie, one of the French servers, will most likely be the next one. Finally, we are seriously considering the opening of a 4th French platform. If the numbers keep on growing, we should add a 4th French server this summer.

Patch 1.62

We received the 1.62 files to translate today and it's a biggy (the old wise men here are talking about more than 130.000 words to translate in both French & German. The translation teams just finished the translation of the patch 1.61 and are now back into their chains, with intravenous C vitamins.
More seriously, it's a big patch (1.61 had "only" 70.000 words.). The current estimations are aiming for a 1.62 patch in test in July.

Just a note that will reassure some of you, we received the "fixed" version of the patch, the one currently used by Mythic in the US servers.

Events

As announced previously this week, 3 new brand new (& GOA, European servers only) quests have been added this week. Of course the goal is not to have such quests replacing the dynamic events (scripted or not, with volunteers or not, supported player events, etc) but to give more permanent content. For more information about these quests, check this news. On a side note, remember that there are no events on Camlann the PvP server and that the new quests are not (and will not be) active on this servers.

Also, if you are planning to go and see the birds this weekend, to train your "lizard disguise" skill while laying on some rock and getting a good sunbath, then I advise you to print some of the background texts we have in stock, especially the 2 new ones published today. They are quite a good read, and I'm sure you will like them.

Here are the links :

The lost colour of Bifrost
I hate snow !

The /level command

With the patch 1.62, you will be able to create level 20 characters (or level 30 in some special cases) on any server as long as you have a level 50 character somewhere on your account (any server/language).

By default, all realms on all servers will have the /level 20 command activated. We should also have the possibility to flag some realms, on some servers, to allow players to level to 30 instead of 20.

Let's take a step back and see why Mythic introduced this new option in the game. First, it allows players with level 50 characters to skip the "beginner" part and directly get to level 20, easing the class testing and promoting the "fun" by skipping the already known learning step. Also, the plan was to help some realms with low population, by allowing an easier migration for players with the /level 30 command.

"The list" of the realms & servers (European ones) that will get the /level 30 flag activated is not yet known and will not be till the day of the release of the patch on the European servers.

Polling Booth !

We did many changes to the polling booth this week and the first poll is currently being written. If no "unforeseen" delays come its way, you should see the opening of the Polling Booth within 15 days.

That's it for today, have a good hunting, enjoy the sun and know that there is nothing better than getting a tan on some deckchair while defending a keep and throwing those big heavy stones from your trebuchet on sweating enemies !

Well, the USA version of 1.62 is not fixed, it still has alot of crappy bugs (soloing is hell, with all the resists, misses and added manadrain. Relic keep guards are still Uber, they can kill over 80 lv50 without any help from PC defenders)

O

oblivion_6

cool 1.62 should be not bad i think :)

but then again im void :p

imo peeps who moan about how bad the game/service is and still play it are contradicting themselves

just leave if u think its this bad

T

tris-

and they are still going on about this polling booth crap :sleeping: why does it take them so long to setup a poll when you can do it on BW in 30 seconds!

D

dwindimir

Originally posted by oblivion_6
cool 1.62 should be not bad i think :)

but then again im void :p

imo peeps who moan about how bad the game/service is and still play it are contradicting themselves

just leave if u think its this bad

We as a customers have payed to play this game and some of us have also invested months, some even years to make their characters. We have the right to complain if the company complitely ruins the game with a ultra bugged patch. Saying "If you dont like it, just go away!" is totally silly! You can just be little bitch to the mythic if you like, but I think I'll just keep my right to complain, thank you very much.

M

mestoph

1.62 in July is a joke, we have monkey's working on translations.

I know someone who works for a paper, and he has to translate upto 10000 words a day. Do they translate an item and go have a coffee or something.

Or is there just one person who speaks english and french, and one person who speaks english and german in the entire of GOA

T

tris-

Originally posted by dwindimir
We as a customers have payed to play this game and some of us have also invested months, some even years to make their characters. We have the right to complain if the company complitely ruins the game with a ultra bugged patch. Saying "If you dont like it, just go away!" is totally silly! You can just be little bitch to the mythic if you like, but I think I'll just keep my right to complain, thank you very much.

err but it makes sense though, why the fuck keep paying £8 a month if you dont like it. its like saying i will spend £1000 on a holiday to place i hate but i will do it and moan just because im a customer.

D

dwindimir

Originally posted by n3wbie
err but it makes sense though, why the fuck keep paying £8 a month if you dont like it. its like saying i will spend £1000 on a holiday to place i hate but i will do it and moan just because im a customer.

So if you take a holiday to......lets say Hawaii, and pay 1000£ for it. And the hotel room sucks. Do you:

A) Complain about the hotel room to get it fixed

B) Leave the hotel, 'cos the room sucks and sleep the rest of your holiday under the boats in the beach?

S

ssera

Originally posted by mestoph
1.62 in July is a joke, we have monkey's working on translations.

I know someone who works for a paper, and he has to translate upto 10000 words a day. Do they translate an item and go have a coffee or something.

Or is there just one person who speaks english and french, and one person who speaks english and german in the entire of GOA

Well 130000 words to translate, 10000 words a day according to your friend. So that's 13 days to translate the patch. Taking into account weekends that makes the translation complete around beginning of July. Then you have to test it, so an eta of July for 1.62 seems pretty accurate ;)

B

Blood

Originally posted by ssera
Well 130000 words to translate, 10000 words a day according to your friend. So that's 13 days to translate the patch. Taking into account weekends that makes the translation complete around beginning of July. Then you have to test it, so an eta of July for 1.62 seems pretty accurate ;)

your numbers are based on the very wrong assumption that they only have 1 guy doing all the translating.

S

ssera

Originally posted by Blood
your numbers are based on the very wrong assumption that they only have 1 guy doing all the translating.

No, I was just showing that even using Mestophs numbers the release date for 1.62 would be sometime in July. If they have more than one translator then it will be here even sooner wouldn't it? Anyway, do you happen to know how many people they have working on the translations?

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by n3wbie
and they are still going on about this polling booth crap :sleeping: why does it take them so long to setup a poll when you can do it on BW in 30 seconds!

one word

flash

D

Damon_D

two words.....

flash suck's

One of the many moronic things they did was make the HP in flash...no no the look of the Herald aint good enough for us flashy Louis Vuitton worshipping french wuzzes, nope we need flashy thingies that go " wussssh " and twinkel and shit

Users who are viewing this thread