Sport final mens icehockey - USA vs. Canada

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Very exciting game. Going in sudden death overtime now. US scored about 25 seconds before 3rd period finished.

Rooting for the Canadians. They have a great team on the ice, and great gameplay. When americans attack, it's like there are 4 goalies in front of their goal :D
Plus, it just would be great for the canadians to win gold on their hosted olympics.

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
pretty nice to see an exciting final game, nice action. im just watching, not rooting for anybody (well i was rooting for USA to tie it up for overtime and they did that!)

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Hmm wouldn't kill the americans to don a little smile during the medal ceremony.. for gods sake, they still won silver. Can imagine being disappointed but still...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Old fact; you win bronze, you lose silver :D

Nice game, nice and exciting all around series, and i'll take the high road regarding the earlier "sweden won over finland" thread and not even mention that atleast Finland was best europian country in this.

No wit...oops :flame:

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Here we go...

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA etc..

Embattle

FH is my second home
Certainly interesting but I think the right team won in the end.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
1267402665355.jpg

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Old fact; you win bronze, you lose silver :D

True, but in every other sport at the olympics, you see all three (team) medalists climbing up on that pedestal, all smiling and cheering. With ice skating, boarding, skiing, anything. Why should hockey be different? Ofcourse I understand their disappointment, but fer christ sake, it's the olympics. You participated at the olympic games and won silver, and if you can't muster up a smile because you won silver, at least muster up one to show you're a good sport. In my opinion anyway.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
True, but in every other sport at the olympics, you see all three (team) medalists climbing up on that pedestal, all smiling and cheering. With ice skating, boarding, skiing, anything. Why should hockey be different? Ofcourse I understand their disappointment, but fer christ sake, it's the olympics. You participated at the olympic games and won silver, and if you can't muster up a smile because you won silver, at least muster up one to show you're a good sport. In my opinion anyway.

True, you do win silver on paper, but other sports are "one off" where all compete at same stages and don't have a final stage.

Always been like this in semi-final/final games, you just don't gret happy for losing the final game.

Imagine gettign your dream job of candy-eating, game playing, drink and hump women with no problems and you'd go through 10 steps to get the job. Then at the final step, you lose because the other guy has the right shade of blue shirt on and only get offered the job of answerign the other guys phone.

You would't clap and smile and go "Well done!" now would you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom