Final Fantasy - Advent Children

Well finally got round to seeing this today, had to buy it on DVD ofc, didn't want to see some shit quality copy with it being Final Fantasy and all :D

Just wondering what others though of the film, didn't expect the story to be anything like it was, but turned out better than i imagined ^^ Fight scenes and so were pretty amazing, especially the fight with Bahamut.

So yeah, what'd you like about it mofo's? :D

Eregion

Fledgling Freddie
Didn't really had high hopes about it, since most movies made from games plain suck, but got a nice surprise from this one. :p
And, Sephiroth fight > Bahamut, omnislash ftw!

Really liked it. :p

spook

Fledgling Freddie
I found it decent back when I saw it. Though I have very little knowledge of the FF universe as a whole, which probably puts me back quite a bit. What made me cringe was the background music during the last fight, I found little symbiosis between that and the ongoing dialogue.

Then again, I've no background to judge that, other than my own taste, so someone might see it as an artistic masterpiece :mad:

I like The Spirits Within much better

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
spook said:
I like The Spirits Within much better

Personally i hated the fact they called it FF: The Spirits Within because it featured nothing from any of the games and it is really is a nice feeling inside to see your faviour character(s) animated in a movie.

As for Advent Children. I liked it alot. The action scenes were very impressive and the ending was sweet but I had hoped the storyline would have been made as dark as FF7 was.

Eregion

Fledgling Freddie
spook said:
I found it decent back when I saw it. Though I have very little knowledge of the FF universe as a whole, which probably puts me back quite a bit. What made me cringe was the background music during the last fight, I found little symbiosis between that and the ongoing dialogue.

Then again, I've no background to judge that, other than my own taste, so someone might see it as an artistic masterpiece :mad:
It's the music when u fight him in the game, so for me who is a huge FF-fan, anything else would've been heresy! :D

Illudian

Fledgling Freddie
Move is so damn awesome, watched it many times :)
You gotta know the complete story to fully appreciate it :fluffle:

I agree with Spirits Within, that one sucked :(

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
im not much of an anime type of guy but i enjoyed it when i watched it, its something i could watch again some day just for the action but not too often :)

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
I saw a few parts on my brothers downloaded version, but didn't want to watch the whole film in poop quality :d it's out on dvd in england?

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Must of been my 10th time seeing it within the last 3 months =< Pwns so much more in English.

And it's Bahumat SIN, n0000b! =<

Eregion

Fledgling Freddie
Nooo, jap is so much better then english, better feeling when it comes to stuff like this :D

Eregion said:
It's the music when u fight him in the game, so for me who is a huge FF-fan, anything else would've been heresy! :D

This guy speaks the truth.. actually went looking for my Ps1 just so i could play FF7 again :D

Overdriven said:
Must of been my 10th time seeing it within the last 3 months =< Pwns so much more in English.

And it's Bahumat SIN, n0000b! =<

How the fuck you get it in English? :< Bought it yesterday and it was just dubbed with English Subtitles ._.

Oh yeh Spirits within sucked aswell ._.

Eregion

Fledgling Freddie
Samaroon|Terracotta said:
This guy speaks the truth.. actually went looking for my Ps1 just so i could play FF7 again :D
Cheeeeeeat, i lost my cd1 :(

Outlander

Part of the furniture
Ppsht i can't find my Ps1 or FF7, hope to god i've just left them at a mates house :mad:
just go steal some new ones :p

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Strange co-incidence heh, started playing through my FF7 again the other day.

Love the music in that game... the shinra theme and mako reactor music especially, but all of the music in that game just feels right, I dont care if its nearly 10 years old now, to me it just sounds awesome - probably prefer the music in FF7 to the music in oblivion, diablo and half of the new games out atm.

Theres just something about it that makes it great :)

Eregion

Fledgling Freddie
Dukat said:

Love the music in that game... the shinra theme and mako reactor music especially, but all of the music in that game just feels right, I dont care if its nearly 10 years old now, to me it just sounds awesome - probably prefer the music in FF7 to the music in oblivion, diablo and half of the new games out atm.

Got ff7 soundtrack flowing out of the speakers atm, another coincidence! :D

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Dukat said:

Probably because no RPG will ever be better than FF7 overall.

So many mis-conceptions now a days that graphics makes a rpg.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Ppsht i can't find my Ps1 or FF7, hope to god i've just left them at a mates house :mad:

Want me to post you my copy?
Edit: Of the game, not the console! :p

Hansmoleman

Fledgling Freddie
Bugz said:
Probably because no RPG will ever be better than FF7 overall.

So many mis-conceptions now a days that graphics makes a rpg.
some rpgs are better for people, i prefer ff9 and 8 but ff7 holds a place in my favourite games because it for me like most people got them into rpgs :)

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Hansmoleman said:
some rpgs are better for people, i prefer ff9 and 8 but ff7 holds a place in my favourite games because it for me like most people got them into rpgs :)

yea, I guess that would be it. FF7 was the first RPG for me also :)

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Enjoyed the film, thought it was good fun although the time just seemed to fly by...

One thing though, is it just me or did some of the characters appearances & personalities bear a striking resemblance to the FFX lot?

Dakkath said:
Enjoyed the film, thought it was good fun although the time just seemed to fly by...

One thing though, is it just me or did some of the characters appearances & personalities bear a striking resemblance to the FFX lot?

Prob a little bit, but they still look more like the characters from FF7 :D

and an update.. i found my Ps1 anf FF7! xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom