Final beta 8-10 days away?

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
So by pre-ordering the game you've only guarenteed yourself an OB account!
If there is a Final beta, I expect it'll only last a week or so.... if the open beta starts in late December, it's possible to see a January release. Depends on when they get the German/French language servers open for beta test. I'd guess they will test those before release, unless they're 100% confident in their translation techniques.

Shortlegs

Regular Freddie
Ebonn said:
Stolen from official forums.

Acording to that it is anyway.

Also seems to confirm that final beta = open beta.

That is excellent news, mate. I can`t wait. Was in US stress test/open beta, and I can only say that this is an awesome game.

Shorty :drink:

Aada

Part of the furniture
If the final beta is only days away then i think we could expect a early/late january release.

Stekkerdoos

Fledgling Freddie
Great to hear, now i really really really hope they still have room for people next to the people already in the beta and the pre-order people.

I see a lot of shops saying 14-1-2005 as the release date. That would mean early january. I hope they make it.

Solo

Fledgling Freddie
Saw earlier on the official forums a thread saying that email was a fake. So its not wholly accurate. Although blizzard have officially said mid december.

Thamiel

Fledgling Freddie
Kinda sucky to have so many people pay for just 2/3 weeks of beta. I thought beta preorder kits would mean that beta itself would be launched early december.

Aada

Part of the furniture
you'll be lucky to get 3 weeks once final beta starts they will most likely start making the retail cds that will probably take 1-2 weeks then after that its launch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
Greetings,

I was wondering if one of you could help me out with this ickle problem I've got.

I have pre-ordered World of Warcraft on the 3d of Decembre as my parents wanted me to get good grades, which i did, before they would pay for the game. Though as I haven't been able to play any other beta yet, I was wondering how it will work out etc.

Will I be able to download this O-beta from one of the WoW-sites, or do I have to download it from somewhere else?
How do I get this beta-key? A friend of mine ordered before me, at the same online shop as me, though he was told he would get a beta-key e-mailed to him. Then I thought; 'If it's an Open-beta, why do you need to get this beta-key e-mailed to you, if anyone can enter?'

Thanks in advance,

Yours faithfully,

Sebula Strings - Future Undead Rogue

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
Provided you pre ordered your copy from one of the official sites (Gameplay or Game) then you will be sent your beta kit through the post, which contains a music soundtrack CD and a beta key. You will download the beta game from the site, when they announce it, and use the CD key given to verify and log on.

But, having said all that, I see you're from the Netherlands, and as far as I know, you are unable to pre order this special deal, unless something changed?

The beta keys being emailed at the moment are for the closed beta, not the open beta you qualify for when you pre order the final game.

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
I think I pre-ordered the final game then, as it is was €45~. Or am I wrong here? :/

If I ain't, I guess I will get the beta key for the final beta then?

Sorry for my misunderstanding, my English isn't very good as you can see.

Sebula Strings

Deena

Fledgling Freddie
No you wont .. the BeNeLux retailers couldnt get an agreement with Blizzard so no retailer (shop) has beta packages in the netherlands.
You will still get the game when it has been released but no beta key.
You will only get a betakey package when you pre-order at one of the retailers mentioned on this site :
http://en.wow-europe.com/pre-order/ (which as you can see does not list any dutch shops)

Hope that helps you.

scrow

Fledgling Freddie
Dommelsch said:
I have ordered it on a UK site, as I thought it wouldn't be in stores in the Netherlands after it released.

I think I'll be fine then?

( Ordered here; http://shop.game.net/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=10332&mid=270980 )

Im from the benelux also, and afaik Game wont ship beta kits outside the UK. so I dont think you will recieve a beta key at all.

I asked a friend of mine in the UK to pickup one at his local Game stor for 3 pounds. think thats the only way to get a beta key in the Benelux.

Galelawyn

Fledgling Freddie
well, you sure about that? because at first ( few days ago) I couldn't ship to outside UK , but now there's a few other options, like Royal Mail to whole Europe or something ( would take 3-5 days) anyone an idea how that would work then?

scrow

Fledgling Freddie
the site said they wouldnt ship the beta-kits outside the UK....so I think that you only get the retail version if you enter an adress outside the UK.

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
Though I will get WoW when it releases as I paid them €45!?

Another question;

Would it be possible to play with someone else his CD-key when he isn't online? ( beta key .. )

scrow

Fledgling Freddie
ps..I only say what they said on the site. Mayb they send you the key anyway., who knows

But I know for sure that you need the beta key to create a new account. You can only create 1 account with a beta key. So if you have a friend with a beta key, he need to create the account. Then you need his account name + pass to play the beta.

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
Can't remember if it said that when I pre-ordered, ah well..

So, the release will be at the 14th of January right?

One more thing,

Are there any 'guides' or 'diaries' from players that have played beta, in which they describe usefull stuff on how the game works etc? I have been reading alot about it but I find some things quite hard to understand.
Like how it works with quests, en with the skills/talents. ( you have skills, and talentpoints to increase those skills? or are the talents different 'skills' which you can train after the 10th season? )

Thanks in advance,

Sebula Strings

PS. Sry for being such a retarded monkey : (

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
Dommelsch said:
Are there any 'guides' or 'diaries' from players that have played beta, in which they describe usefull stuff on how the game works etc? I have been reading alot about it but I find some things quite hard to understand.
Like how it works with quests, en with the skills/talents. ( you have skills, and talentpoints to increase those skills? or are the talents different 'skills' which you can train after the 10th season? )
Dunno bout guides or diaries, but I'll try my best to explain..
Quests are quite easy to get a grasp of. If you see NPC with yellow exclamation mark (!) above their head, talk to them. You'll get quest info and reward info (not always you see reward info, if you don't it's most likely exp reward) BEFORE you click on accept. Once accepted you can abandon a quest at any time.

Skills and Talents are not the same thing at all, and have nothing to do with each other.

Skills: http://wowvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Skills.List
Skills are the main abilities for your class that you can buy from your trainer for money (aka train), ie spells, combat abilities etc etc.

Talents and talent points: http://wowvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Talents.View
WoWVault said:
Talents are a way to specialize your character by enhancing your skills or learning new skills. Starting with level 10, each time you level, you receive one talent point that can be used on the talents below. At the max level of 60, you will have 51 talent points to spend. Talents are class-specific, so each class has a separate set of talents available.

Shortlegs

Regular Freddie
Getting impatient

Hmm, Daoc cancelled and EQ2 cancelled.
Yes, I had to try EQ2 to be sure, and now I am sure.

<sweat breaks out on forehead>
Grabbing a random game from the old game shelf - aah, Deus Ex. Hope this will carry me over till WoW Final beta.

Hope we get in the game before christmas, mates. I have some days off then.

Regards
Shorty :)

Natsume sai

Fledgling Freddie
Shortlegs said:
Hmm, Daoc cancelled and EQ2 cancelled.
Yes, I had to try EQ2 to be sure, and now I am sure.

<sweat breaks out on forehead>
Grabbing a random game from the old game shelf - aah, Deus Ex. Hope this will carry me over till WoW Final beta.

Hope we get in the game before christmas, mates. I have some days off then.

Regards
Shorty :)

Yeah the FB comming before the holiday would be perfect.

i'm also palying some of my old games to kill the wait. go starcraft!! yay ^_^

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
Currently playing Baldurs Gate : Dark Alliance on the Xbox to kill time. But why is it so damn hard?!?!!

Natsume sai

Fledgling Freddie
[QUOTE='Shy]Currently playing Baldurs Gate : Dark Alliance on the Xbox to kill time. But why is it so damn hard?!?!![/QUOTE]

oh no Baldur's gate : Dark alliance is horrid horrid game !!! please don't waste your time with it!

me and a friend thougth it looked great before its release, so we went out and bought it! (the PS2 version) thats the worst investment we ever made! we already completed it the same evening....
( oh what horrible memorie's you have awaken in by mentoning that game! )

hmm.... that's right....i still have it some where... eeekk! i must find it and dispose of it quickly >_<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom