Film 2005 Film of The Year is...

Whipped

Part of the furniture
And fucking well deserved to. Just a shame that Joss is doing Wonder Woman or Goners next, rather than the second in the trilogy that was planned.

leggy

Probably Scottish
I saw about 2 minutes of this on the way out the door and had a feeling they were talking about serenity. Thought it was too good to be true.

Well done and well deserved. I have just handed out my Firefly DVDs to my mates. It's time they realised how good it is now.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Whipped said:
Just a shame that Joss is doing Wonder Woman or Goners next, rather than the second in the trilogy that was planned.

I don't think Universal is going to pay for 2 or 3 anyway. I guess we'll have to see how the DVD sales go but it didn't make a great deal of money in the box office. People are afraid of films with actors they've not seen before tbh :\

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Is there anyone else that watched Serenity and thought it was a complete pile of bollocks?

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
I thought it was decent but certainly not the film of the year, didn't follow the tv series maybe I would have enjoyed it more if I had of.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Draylor said:
Is there anyone else that watched Serenity and thought it was a complete pile of bollocks?

No. Now go and stand in the naughty corner.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I like Science Fiction but had no compulsion whatsoever to watch Serenity. Internet polls are bound to be used, in the majority, by young IT friendly people. Young people, and internet nerds, not being known, generally, for their fine taste in films.

On a personal note "The Constant Gardener" was my personal pick for best film this year, absolute class.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Turamber said:
Young people, and internet nerds, not being known, generally, for their fine taste in films.

Perhaps they're not, but I am. And it was fab.

So there.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Serenity was quality.

Dear god help us when Cal reads this.

Never hear the bloody end of it.

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
Stimpy said:
I thought it was decent but certainly not the film of the year, didn't follow the tv series maybe I would have enjoyed it more if I had of.

it followed the series but in differant chunks.

i personally think

Serenity
Batman:begins
Sin City (this year cant remember :) )

Aada

Part of the furniture
I think Crash> all is correct.

However Serenity comes a close second.

Can't wait to see more of Joss on the big screen now.

He just needs to sort out a Buffy/Angel movie and blow the boxoffice away.

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
he's doing a spike movie :clap:

and thank god angel isnt going to star in it (started to look old in later series)

Meatballs

One of Freddy's beloved
Serenity was good, but definitly not film of the year!

Constant Gardener was amazingly and Sin City were both far better!

(and I love Firefly)

Aada

Part of the furniture
Mauness said:
he's doing a spike movie :clap:

and thank god angel isnt going to star in it (started to look old in later series)

Where have you heard this? i heard it was just going to be a extra long WB show.

I want Angel/Buffy/Spike and the rest of the gang in one big movie man it would really make loads of money so i don't see why they don't do it.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Was a deserved victory :) Nice to see it getting some recognition, if only they would spend some fooking cash on proper marketing it would not be relying on massive DvD sales in the hope of more stories from the Verse.

Saying that this is a challenge so get your arses into gear now and start buying the series and movie. Serenity has fallen to No.2 at amazon.com but FireFly the full series is also at No. 3 which is fucking great news. Although Fox will just keep riding the wave and do fuck all about it!!!!!!

So get your box sets out and start passing them, if you dont stop talking about it people will buy it ask Trem :p

On a side note Universal have closed the official Serenity site today :-( but the community has moved to a new home so get yourself signed up and start spreading the word.

TOGETHER WE CAN KEEP HER FLYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Serenity that is :p)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom