File sharing

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
Whats the best one around at the moment (not that I condone that sort of thing etc etc etc)

I seem to have reinvigourated my interest in music since I got me luverly iPod.

i luv it..snuggles in my hand like a slippy bar of soap...oops dropped it again.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I'm finding soulseek proving to be a good spyware free alternative to the bloated waste of space that is Kazaa.

Teren

One of Freddy's beloved
kazaa lite >> all

and the fun part, my isp opened their own kazaa proxy ><

kazaa goes @ like 250 k/sec

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
Teren said:
kazaa lite >> all

and the fun part, my isp opened their own kazaa proxy ><

kazaa goes @ like 250 k/sec
kazaa lite is shit, always has been, always will be. DC++ is what you want for all your legal filesharing needs, latest version has just introduced file hashing so hopefully downloading one file from multiple sources shouldn't be too far away.
Go grab the client from http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net and jump on a hub like essential sets, one word of warning tho, you are forced to actually share files, the amount you need varies according to the hubs u use.

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Aye, if you're on a decent hub DC++ is the daddeh.

I'd avoid the KaZaA lot - they all seem terribly poo to me.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Although its pretty much new/recent releases that are most popular, you'll have to search long and hard to beat bittorrent.

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
Used Bittorrent, can't stand it tbh, don't think i've ever got it to download at anything over 20k/sec

TheJkWhoSaysNi

One of Freddy's beloved
bearshare is also crammed with copious amounts of spyware.

Bittorrent rocks.

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
Bittorrent is great when the trackers are working. Got a 1.4 gig file to 75% overnight but it has been stuck there all week because the tracker seems to be down now.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Krazeh said:
Used Bittorrent, can't stand it tbh, don't think i've ever got it to download at anything over 20k/sec

That could be because you didn't have your firewall set up to allowing incoming TCP connections on the correct ports. If bittorrent isn't allowed to tell other computers that uploads are successful, then you slowly and surely get strangled off the network for that file.

Or something.

If I leave it on, I regularly get 70k/s (on the popular files)

henson0115

Fledgling Freddie
it doesnt have that much spyware u just have to be careful of the obvous files other than that i ave no problems

TheJkWhoSaysNi

One of Freddy's beloved
no, what i mean is that when you install it it also installs a lot of spyware.

Cyfr

Banned
I've tried DC++ a few times but I can never find the good hubs. Can someone recommend one? :(

Utini

Can't get enough of FH
Emule has always done me for finding anything i need.

Clown

Part of the furniture
It's alright for things that aren't new, but I usually expect to have the file completed in about a week. What happened to ShareReactor?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom