File/folder permissions

N

nath

Howdy,

I need a peice of software that will list all the subfolders of a particular directory and the permissions that are assigned to them. Has anyone come across such software in their travels, or does anyone know if one even exists?

Any help greatly appreciated :D

T

Testin da Cable

you're talking about a win32 proggy I presume?

N

nath

Oops, yes, w2k is the platform in question.

P

PR.

Oh I'd be interested in such a thing as well.

<Continues to try and convince boss that allowing everyone to be able to delete every file on the server is not trusting but stupidity> :rolleyes:

M

Mellow-

lol PR. nice boss you have there! :D

Remove the everyone group, add the administrators group. Very simple.

Listing permissions though ... no idea.

C

Custodian

One definately exists, cos I have used it.
Was about 2 years ago, and for the life of me I cannot think what it was called. One if the techies where I worked at the time came up with it when we had to do some sorting out on a w2k network.

Now, if I stop trying the name might pop into my head!

:(

I might be back...

S

(Shovel)

I'm going to give this link again just in case it does secretly have what you're looking for, though I had a look down and couldn't see it.

http://www.dynawell.com/support/ResKit/win2k.asp

If someone else maybe knows more about what they're looking for then maybe giving this a scan through might yield something.

M

Mellow-

ShowsACLs
This command-line tool enumerates access rights for files, folders, and trees. It allows masking to enumerate only specific ACLs.

maybe?

The rest is all Active Directory pap as far as I can tell. (quick look anyway)

S

(Shovel)

I just did a little test, though it isn't as (frankly) slick as ls -l on *nix

it will do it - e.g. you specify a specific folder and it will return a little listed report for you.
Howeverm using the /s switch it will act recusively and get everything for all subdirectories too. Therefore, it seems, that this will do everything you want.

The output is not slick, but it does work :)

C

Custodian

I'll give myself a ½ point for knowing it existed, even if I couldn't remember it :rolleyes:

:clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom