Fighter spec help required before I shoot myself...

D

Danamyr

I rolled an Armsman yesterday and specced him 1 hand thrust and sheild.

Stayed up all night last night (and boy am I tired!) and got him to Lvl 11.

I have just deleted him, because he just does not do enough damage.

I am going to re-roll tonight, but this time want to change the purpose entirely.

I'd like to do far more damage, but cannot decide between Pole Arm or 2 Hand, Armsman or Paladin, Highlander or Briton.

I realise I posed a similar question recently, but the answers I got to that are not really clear enough to help me decide.

I do not want to dual spec, just concentrate on one. I need to know what relationship should exist between the dmg type and the hand style, i.e. should both Slash and 2 Hand be kept at level? If I can't, then which should have precedence?

I can see of the two options Polearm would do more damage, but how much slower is it than 2 Hand? I don't want to miss and then wait 5 years before I swing again ;)

If I go 2 Hand Slash or Polearm Slash should I forget the Briton and go Highlander?

Very confused, and I have wasted a great deal of play time on this already - so thanks in advance for replies.

S

Sharp Thing

Originally posted by Danamyr
I rolled an Armsman yesterday and specced him 1 hand thrust and sheild.

Stayed up all night last night (and boy am I tired!) and got him to Lvl 11.

I have just deleted him, because he just does not do enough damage.

I am going to re-roll tonight, but this time want to change the purpose entirely.

I'd like to do far more damage, but cannot decide between Pole Arm or 2 Hand, Armsman or Paladin, Highlander or Briton.

I realise I posed a similar question recently, but the answers I got to that are not really clear enough to help me decide.

I do not want to dual spec, just concentrate on one. I need to know what relationship should exist between the dmg type and the hand style, i.e. should both Slash and 2 Hand be kept at level? If I can't, then which should have precedence?

I can see of the two options Polearm would do more damage, but how much slower is it than 2 Hand? I don't want to miss and then wait 5 years before I swing again ;)

If I go 2 Hand Slash or Polearm Slash should I forget the Briton and go Highlander?

Very confused, and I have wasted a great deal of play time on this already - so thanks in advance for replies.
highlander armsmen, 2handed :x

A

Apathy

Well, mercs are nice and fast with their damage. And all you have to do is put all your points into DW and the rest into a weapon type. Easy peasy. Maybe a little parry too if you like. Ignore shield! Easy. Peasy.

Although if you want to make friar #834782743 then go for it! They are the Albion equivalent of enchanters.

a.

E

elvothesorc

If you want fast and uber dmg output make a reaver :D

P

Pixie.Pebr

Armsman/Highlander
44pole
39wep (I'd recommend Slash, since those styles are better when going 1handed. Crush works, Thrust has no good styles for an armsman.)
42shield (Slam)
rest into Parry.

Enjoy.

(or screw the cookiecutter specc and go 44slash, 42 shield, 39 Xbow and rest into parry.)

B

briton_knight

Higlander slash polearm, keep pole/slash equal and bring up parry, nice dmg, i u want the best dmg dont do hybri but ul miss out o slam (9sec stun)

W

wildpt

Wanna be good at pve while lv up? go 1h slash and keep shield high and rest parry...when u reach lv40 or lv50 (with dragon respec gem) change to 2h or pole if u want to give more damage in rvr.

O

old.Wildfire

50 2h, 39 slash, 42 shield

and yes, i am starting to resemble a stuck record

P

pilia

If your considering pole or 2h,then do train dmg type + shield to lvl 40,then respec to pole /2h,because pole/2h is really the gimp for low lvl pve :)

P

Powahhh

Originally posted by Apathy

They are the Albion equivalent of enchanters.

this is soooooo true :puke:
the albion FoTM class :puke:

D

Danamyr

Originally posted by Rnp
why didnt u just lvl him to 20 then respec? :)

Because I'd need two single line respecs, one to spec out of thrust, and the other to spec out of shield :(

Besides which, I am incredibly anal - if my characters are not exactly how I'd like them then I hate playing them...

It's done now - just have to level up again.

Thanks for the help ;)

M

Moody

Omg you are Moody on Prydwen :D Hi brother.

Go sword/shield till 40, shield pwnzors in pve. single respec out of shield at 40 and dump it in pole or 2H (psst, go 2H :cool: )

F

Flimgoblin

why crush? :)

slash is good versus heros etc...
thrust is good versus warriors..

crush is good for killing armsmen in duels?

maybe I'm missing something :)

(that and DW styles look stupid with hammers)

C

chinook

Make a Reaver :D

Paladins wont do enough dmg to keep you happy and Armsmen have to max out Pole / 2H AND Thrust / Slash / Crush to do consistly high dmg... and by then you wont have enough in parry to be have any sort of decent decent :p

I dont play my Armsman anymore, bit of a waste lvling to 43 :S

D

Danamyr

Originally posted by Moody
Omg you are Moody on Prydwen :D Hi brother.

Go sword/shield till 40, shield pwnzors in pve. single respec out of shield at 40 and dump it in pole or 2H (psst, go 2H :cool: )

LOL - Hello mate ;)

The original Moody I had on Hib/Pryd was a Lvl 24 Void Eldy that I deleted to try Mid ;)

Was a bit disappointed I could not use the name on Excal, as I know you were when you tried to roll on Pryd ;)

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by old.Wildfire
50 2h, 39 slash, 42 shield

I've recently respecced to this and can say it's great fun in rvr - and so far very effective and versatile. However if its pure damage per hit you want the highlander pole can't be beaten.

F

Flimgoblin

not so sure you need the shield slam if you go 2h...

you've got the short stun in the 3-part chain which'll help a little (or more likely just give them immunity)

or if they're on something else, onslaught/two moons will stun em for 9s :)

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
not so sure you need the shield slam if you go 2h...

you've got the short stun in the 3-part chain which'll help a little (or more likely just give them immunity)

or if they're on something else, onslaught/two moons will stun em for 9s :)

Using a small shield gets the 9s stun up and running straight away rather than having to work through a chain - thats why I like it. Work with a 50 flex reaver and watch your target drop fast as you slam then both start doing your stuff. Also without a slam once you start hitting them they usually start legging it, so to keep up with them I have to sprint after them (using precious endurance if no pally in group).Stunned from the start they are going no where and by the time they can move they are already as good as dead. But tbh main reason I went this spec is its just alot more fun and versatile than my previous :)

N

Novamir

Wildfire, through my brief forum encounters with albions i can now understand why you are a bit impatient with them sometimes ;)

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by Novamir
Wildfire, through my brief forum encounters with albions i can now understand why you are a bit impatient with them sometimes ;)

Clear off :p

H

Hatjitjai

spec crush till 40
respec to slash or thrust (free autotrainpoints)
Pole 50
slash/thrust 50
shield 7
rest parry

this is the spec if u want dmg

B

belth

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
why crush? :)

slash is good versus heros etc...
thrust is good versus warriors..

crush is good for killing armsmen in duels?

maybe I'm missing something :)

(that and DW styles look stupid with hammers)

Slash & Thrust autotrain, get some free points if you decide to respec ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom