Fight Club

K

K0nah

Alot of us have tried duelling now. Its fun. So lets get a regualr thing going. Everynight even maybe? At a certain place or places. Emain gets to much? Sick of getting stunned and nuked to death? Go unwind with some mano-a-mano action.

The rules:

No external buffs, meaning self buffs are allowed.
No grouping, this affects block & parry rates.
No using charged items, yes some of us are ubar and have dragon/legion drops, alot of us dont.
No killing (except by accident of course)

Ppl found breaking the rules wont be fighting.

More suggestions for rules welcome as are locations/times

Lets get it on :clap:

O

old.Wildfire

I'd still quite like to duel Eeny / Nolbypride as long as we start from max bolt range and they're not allowed to stealth :)

S

Subbiz

I'd like to duel any class as long as they dont cast any spells, use any weapons and dont wear any armor.

E

Elixir

Also, to prove no players are buffed, each fighter should relog before battle imo

No idea for a place, will have to be changed weekly at least, because there are people out there who will look for the duelers and ruin the fun. but...

I know some great places in each frontier for it....

--------------------------------------
Laand Stormcaller, 50 thane
<dragons of the north>
Currently leveling my Shadowblade

B

bf_kate

I would be interested in doing some 2 vs 2 or more. However for this, you really would have to fight to the death, which I wouldn't like to do (at least not often).

For me duels can get very dull because either ppl won't duel me (think they can't win?) or they duel me but don't know I have 2 insta heals so they back off looooong before I am finished (and think they have won haha). The exception to this would be heros who kick my ass into next week easily without hesitation. :D

Also, I have to wait 15 minutes between any difficult duels because I want my insta heals back. This maybe wimpy, but it's my spec, so I have to use what I have.

Would just like to point out that many people have been saying that it's not fair to use active RAs during duels. I disagree because the passive RAs are quite powerful and obviously cannot be turned off.

Last pet peeve about duels... if someone beckons you for a duel, don't ignore them. Either cry at them to say no thanks or bow to agree and begin when they bow back. It's equally frustrating when your opponent just stands there doing nothing in response to your beckon or if they just charge you when you beckon.

O

old.Laryssa

your forgot a few rules:

1. We don't talk about fightclub
2. We don't talk about fightclub
3. We don't fucking talk about fightclub

F

Flimgoblin

actually the second rule is 'no smoking'

(for any fans of 'spaced' ;))

O

old.Arnor

Hehe, Im in :)

And we establish a KoS list for the duels, with known rule-breakers that everyone jumps if they see them in relations with fight club :)

E

Elixir

Well for those that are in, iam up for arranging it, since there is nothing goa/mythic can do about it apart from send guards our way, as stated in the CoC, so we should stop posting on here about it before Ceverloc or whatever his name is sees it and spoils our fun.

email me, Laandstormcaller@hotmail.com, oh..and can someone who can record in game action please contact me, i have a cunning plan for a video;)

take care all
----------------------------------
Laand Stormcaller, 50 thane
Now playing, Criticall Shot, 8 sb ;)

O

old.Second

oooh looks like its time to get a wack the fightclub club going:p

lets say... every night?=)

rules: kill the duelers

msg me ingame=)

E

Eleasias

I got a better idea ... everyone take off your armor and let me crit you, repeatedly.

B

[BF]kate

Originally posted by old.Second
oooh looks like its time to get a wack the fightclub club going:p

I'd love to see you wack anything. :rolleyes:

O

old.Xanthian

Tell me the time and place, i'd love to come along.

AND RUIN IT! :D

If you wanna duel go play a game that promtes it ffs...

O

old.Second

Originally posted by [BF]kate

I'd love to see you wack anything. :rolleyes:

ok meet me at humberton and i'll show you how to wack wolf cadgers=)
and ants hehe.

O

old.Akirai

Its simple, we make a pass protected webpage for it, and give access to those who we know for certain are 100% in. Then we seperate people into different weight classes, and have title belts for each class like boxing, with weekly fight cards. Also have a rankings table for each weight class, where u have to work your way up for a title shot. Also only melee fights, like casters have to melee with staffs against other casters lol.

Would be extreme fun :D

E

Elixir

Well tbh, i dont seriouosly think its going to happen, but if people are going to call it rp farming, what do you call 100s of people running around emain killing everyone then?, since this is 1 on 1, max rp someone can get from a duel is under 1k, and those who kill will be banned from future duels, hows that? ;)

And since the rules are no killing, then how is it rp farming?

Flame away those who are against duels, would be fun if we did get it going, but would have to change location regularly, since people will find out and ruin the fun for us, so far 3 people interested, plus people in mid i know will come

----------------------------
Laand Stormcaller

H

healer_mcheal

Originally posted by old.Laryssa
your forgot a few rules:

1. We don't talk about fightclub
2. We don't talk about fightclub
3. We don't fucking talk about fightclub

hehe,, u forgot

4. If its your first night you have to fight

O

old.Arnor

If you wanna duel go play a game that promtes it ffs...

If you wanna make a statement against us, speak a language that spells promotes like this: promtes

FFS!

:p

*edit* forgot the magical FFS!

H

healer_mcheal

If the duels are not to the death i dont mind dueling.. but i know for a fact people hate deuling me.. not that i cheat or nothing but i have buffs so i can buff my self.. also i have 6 second pbt and have scale.. most tanks hate fighting wardens..:(

T

Tank Init

can't wait for the pvp server looks like this ones going to pot :mad:

O

old.Second

Originally posted by old.Arnor

If you wanna make a statement against us, speak a language that spells promotes like this: promtes

FFS!

:p

*edit* forgot the magical FFS!

and you should probably learn how to write For Fuck Sake instead of using all those short terms. And what about "wanna" when did that become an english word?:p thought it was "Want to"

H

hotrat

/beckon is i wanna duel
/cry is no thx
/bow begin fighting
/curtsey should be (imo) i wanna duel but damn it im rez sick so u gotta wait im afraid :)

O

old.Second

Originally posted by hotrat
/beckon is i wanna duel
/cry is no thx
/bow begin fighting
/curtsey should be (imo) i wanna duel but damn it im rez sick so u gotta wait im afraid :)

/flex i'm so gonna 0wn u!
/victory come here and tickle me!
/bang do the monkey dance!

K

K0nah

Originally posted by old.Healer_Mcheal
If the duels are not to the death i dont mind dueling.. but i know for a fact people hate deuling me.. not that i cheat or nothing but i have buffs so i can buff my self.. also i have 6 second pbt and have scale.. most tanks hate fighting wardens..:(

yeh 2handers will suffer loads, dual wielders dont need to worry about bubble tho :p

C

Cuthervaen

Wood doesn't strike back

Stoopid long nosed Sub, I'll duel you and kick your frigid ass back to Midguard.

Bruce Lee (borrowed Cuth account)

C

Cuthervaen

to: Second

Please come to the duel events...

You'll be the rp snacks while waiting between 2 duels, so we can have best of both worlds, duels AND free rps !!

Or let's make it the winner of a duel gets to gank you, as a prize (small prize but well any gift is appreciated)

Users who are viewing this thread