Fight Club!

O

old.Arnor

I am one of those ppl who really like duelling
(I'm a tank, whatyanow)

Therefore I wish to start a "fight-club" channel on mirc or something, just so we can get together, ppl of equal lvl and duel and have a jolly good time.
I for one is not in it for the rps,
I dont mind it being "not-to-the-death" I just want to fight some people alone, mano a mano.

O

old.Atrox

I volenteer as the Final hit man
to ensure every1 of who won the match
so the duel members wont be rp farming

[ Edit ]

Im up for it :)
thou Im a Hunter, stil fun to hurt ppl with the big stick

[ /Edit ]

O

old.Arnor

Wow! You really think you could do that for us?
*dripping with sarcasm*

/edit
cool
/edit

O

old.chesnor

I'm also gonna start an IRC channel (possibly #duelingisforlamers or maybe #cantyouwaitforthePvPserversffs) where I will gather information on your duels, and then organise an appropriate force of high level party poopers to come gatecrash your little gatherings.

If you do kill them youre RP farming. If you don't youre betraying your realm......

O

old.Arnor

Everytime a lamer posts on the boards, God kills a kitten.
Please think of the kittens

O

old.Sko

Hmm, what i`m thinking about is low-level duels.
Say Hardrian wall, Friday or Saturday.
All level 5 or 7 or whatever low that we can roll out in two hours.

O

old.Verata

It'll never work. There'll always be a few people who charge in and slaughter everyone, be it for 1rp kills or just to spite the people who're trying to have fun.

Just like the end of beta event turned into a joke. Tons of people arrived to take part in the event and were enjoying it until a bunch of Mids arrived and started slaughtering everybody.

I'm not saying anyone is in the wrong, just that it probably won't work out.

B

belth

Originally posted by Verata
Just like the end of beta event turned into a joke. Tons of people arrived to take part in the event and were enjoying it until a bunch of Mids arrived and started slaughtering everybody.

Well, they got their asses handed to them on a plate soon after ;)

O

old.Sko

Originally posted by Verata
I'm not saying anyone is in the wrong, just that it probably won't work out. [/B]

Hope it will, since i prefer to assume that supply of jerks is limited, and some people can bring both main and low level to get rid of their presence.

O

old.Vendetta

The people who would disrupt this are not jerks the ones trying to arrange it are.

Hell it's war you girls can't handle that get back to your Cindy dolls.

This type of pansy behavoir totally ruins the spirit og the game.

O

old.Sko

Originally posted by Vendetta
The people who would disrupt this are not jerks the ones trying to arrange it are.

Hell it's war you girls can't handle that get back to your Cindy dolls.

This type of pansy behavoir totally ruins the spirit og the game.
Erm ? What yer been smoking lately?
It's a game and war has totally different taste, believe me.

O

old.Atrox

I really cant see the problem, afew guys gather to try their chars 1 on 1, ends the fights before anyone dies.
I rather see things like this, then Hib/mid alliance etc.

and plz stop your /cry's over the rp bit. I doubt that it can generate any rp worth the trip there.

O

old.Vendetta

Originally posted by Sko

Erm ? What yer been smoking lately?
It's a game and war has totally different taste, believe me.

Look fool the reply is in the spirit of the game ie a wargame, all characters are either at war or training to war, that is what it is all about.

Do not bring real war which is a cheap shot into it just try imagine what the game is.

O

old.Affydaffymezu

Yep, i would love to duel even cons one on one more, it would be even nicer if u would be able to to it with realm mates as well cfr. Everquest /duel.

Anyone has any info if they will ever implement it? would be great to hone skills and find a use for those weird spells/ styles/ tactics u never want to try out in realm rvr.

Afun Mindbreaker
4x sorceress
'crusaders of albion'

O

old.Sko

Look fool the reply is in the spirit of the game ie a wargame, all characters are either at war or training to war, that is what it is all about.
Do not bring real war which is a cheap shot into it just try imagine what the game is.
Ahh... I see. Well, everyone has his own perceptions, even so misguided like yours. :m00:

O

old.Arnor

since i prefer to assume that supply of jerks is limited

You have NO IDEA how wrong you are :m00:

The world is FULL of 'em, they are everywhere, and the internet is bringing them together and sharing their lunacy with us "normal" people. (I could give you hundreds of links to their homepages thanks to Something Awful )

Life gets much easier after you accept that most people are morons.

O

old.Arnor

Yep, i would love to duel even cons one on one more, it would be even nicer if u would be able to to it with realm mates as well cfr. Everquest /duel.

Wished for it many times, thought about it many more, but in the end we will just have to wait and see

O

old.chesnor

If it says something in a language you don't understand..Kill it, it's the enemy.

nuff said.

If you let people live you are betraying your realm and should be ashamed....but I get the feeling I'm out of touch here :(

O

old.Sko

Originally posted by Arnor

Life gets much easier after you accept that most people are morons.
I prefer not to think this way. Maybe cause i`m hippie tree hugger. ;)

O

old.Vendetta

Originally posted by chesnor
If it says something in a language you don't understand..Kill it, it's the enemy.

You are 100% correct m8,

But some people just wanna pansifie it and ruin the game if peeps get their way we will no longer wage war but fight tournaments and then grow plants as they are in UO now LOL.

O

old.Nol

Vendetta

I disagree, everybody has their own opinion of the game and the vastly differ. Alot of people don't play this game to RvR, they play to quest and item hunt. If people want to duel, let them, it's their perogative and in fact was also a huge part of this era of warfare. In fact, if you are totally true to roleplaying, duels would be a standard part of every battle.

This game is alot more then just a wargame.

O

old.Xarr

i'm all for duels, i think it adds great variation to the game. it's a great way to see if you can handle that yellow con hero/armsman/champion/paladin/what-ev all by yourself or if you are going to get your ass handed to you ;)

as for all the people despising this and putting energy into ruining duels i don't mind that either. when you are in hib/mid/alb frontier zone you are very fair game. but then again it's not that hard to just pm someone for a duel and do it someplace secluded. this way people that hate duels will not notice and won't kill. what you can't see ain't your problem etc.

/rant off :D

keke~

O

old.Vendetta

Originally posted by Nol
Vendetta

I disagree, everybody has their own opinion of the game and the vastly differ. Alot of people don't play this game to RvR, they play to quest and item hunt. If people want to duel, let them, it's their perogative and in fact was also a huge part of this era of warfare. In fact, if you are totally true to roleplaying, duels would be a standard part of every battle.

This game is alot more then just a wargame.

A huge part of this era of warfare, well as this game is a mix of dark age troop types and mid medieval ones it can hardly be described as an era.

Dark age warfare was a basically nasty little land hungry tribes using gank over honour everytime. Late medival well guess you have read too much Sir Walter Scott or watched too many old Holywood movies, if you actually believe the importance of honour duelling in relation to war rather than to just impress the local Lord.

Ever thought where the expression Dark Ages in relation to European History comes from, because it was such a time.

Oh and other parts of game you mean mind numbing xping or real interesting quest's lol.

O

old.Sko

Dark age warfare was a basically nasty little land hungry tribes using gank over honour everytime. Late medival well guess you have read too much Sir Walter Scott or watched too many old Holywood movies, if you actually believe the importance of honour duelling in relation to war rather than to just impress the local Lord.
Well, many great battles were started with duel. Just to name Kulikovo field ;P

O

old.Arnor

i'm all for duels, i think it adds great variation to the game. it's a great way to see if you can handle that yellow con hero/armsman/champion/paladin/what-ev all by yourself or if you are going to get your ass handed to you

And that was the reason i wanted to do this thing

O

old.Necron

Dueling sounds fun
I'm up for it
Although I use ICQ not Mirc for messages
But I might sign up just for it :)

Users who are viewing this thread