Fight Club

Stinkywizzleteeth

Fledgling Freddie
Hiya Folks,

Call me crazy, but i had an idea this morning: a chance to get those one on one fights you all dream of.

Sunday 30th May, 8:30pm BST, albion ruins.

I need a hibby and a mid to join me in msn, to thrash out the details and to act as mc's for thier realm, the first two to post under this thread get the job, but will do no fighting during the event and will just help to keep thier realm mates in line and ensure no cheating. You will need to create a battlegroup to keep the main thid chats free of fight club spam so as not to draw assholes over that want to steam in and ruin the event.

The mc's will all need to have a working microphone and ventrilo client so we can keep things moving quickly via voice comms.

Rules as folows:

No Buffs, other than self buffs.
No fighting unless in a bout.
Bouts finish once one of the combatants dies.
Take whatever crazy combinations of ToA gear glowys or whatever floats your boat. Personally i'd prefer to see people just wearing lvl 24-27 stuff, but whatever floats your boat.
During a bout, the selected combatant groups with thier respective realm mc, and checks are made to ensure no buffs or cheating - screenies will be requested at random and will be published in this thread in case of whining.

In the event that any dickheads turn up and just steam in, they are NOT to be assisted by thier realm mates with rezzes/heals/fighting etc. I dont want to see this turn in to a free for all.

I have chosen alb ruins as its probably one of the least visited spots on the map, and is fitting for such an occasion. I'm going there now to check out the layout, and will return and edit this post if need be, but the ruins will be the arena and i dont want to see anyone inside the actual ruins themselves during a bout.

Any other ideas/something i've missed, lemme know.

So come out all you ubah l337ists out there. You get the chance to prove your stuff, in front of everyone, with none of the things that you normally whine about getting in the way :)

duddley

Fledgling Freddie
Free rps @ Sunday 30th May, 8:30pm BST, albion ruins. Bring a BB and a friend. ^^

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
Nice to see people taking this seriously.

I for one think its a good idea.

However, I don't think it would work, as we'd all like it to because you'll always get the stupid bunch who will do what they want to do. THey will say its thid, a place ot kill your enemy no matter what, as an excuse, even in a planned event.

It's the same with GOA / Mythic encounters too - some people will always be there to ruin a good time.

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Formash said:
I for one think its a good idea.
I agree it, is a good idea and I think it would be a lot of fun.

Formash said:
However, I don't think it would work, as we'd all like it to because you'll always get the stupid bunch who will do what they want to do. THey will say its thid, a place ot kill your enemy no matter what, as an excuse, even in a planned event.
Basically all these people care about is RPs. RPs = more. More RPs = More fun. So this won't happen, even if you got two dozen people wanting to try this, as there will always be 1fg of selfish dickheads who will try to screw it up just so they can gain a few more RPs.

Its Thid FFS! Its hardly any RPs at all!

Formash said:
It's the same with GOA / Mythic encounters too - some people will always be there to ruin a good time.
Its all RPs or XP for some people. More XP means you can get more RPs. More RPs make's you more "1337" and being more "1337" makes you better than other people.

Apparently. :worthy:

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
I'm not really the fan of these fighting events, tho I show my symphaty by not messing them up ;p.

duddley

Fledgling Freddie
Seems you're taking the comments abit to seriously, duels would be fun to watch :) The less rps the better tbh, boring to reroll :)

I doubt that you'll be left alone, since someone probably would enjoy screwing people over from a distance :)

Tinneth

One of Freddy's beloved
Stinkywizzleteeth said:
8:30pm BST
What is That GMT xD
and can we make it 12:00 GMT ;p cause i is workin and i wanna be ther :<)

Stinkywizzleteeth

Fledgling Freddie
Tinneth said:
What is That GMT xD
and can we make it 12:00 GMT ;p cause i is workin and i wanna be ther :<)

Well erm BST is British Summer Time. You can read about it here.

I think to be honest, with the responses i've had so far, i'm going to can the idea. As it is, nobody has come forward to act as an mc for thier realm, and i think i must agree with the people who think that it will just turn into a bloodbath.

One poster said about bringing a BB etc, which is obviously against the rules and therefore didnt read my original post or doesnt intend to stick to them.

Is there a server where the users have to take a joint maturity/english exam?

Tinneth

One of Freddy's beloved
Stinkywizzleteeth said:
As it is, nobody has come forward to act as an mc for thier realm
I will for hibb if u make it past 12 cause i is workin ;p

Tinneth

One of Freddy's beloved
Imo its not really sense u get a fairr chance to defend urself, :kissit:

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
Teiten said:
isent a event of this sort against the CoC?

rp farm etc?

I would say the normal zerg of one realm against another would / should be classed as RP farm.

I'm not pointing a finger at anyone as all 3 realms do it, hibbies less than most but we all do it. If its 1 FG vs 2 ppl, that an RP farm imo.

SO i would say, its not an RP farm, 1 RP, 1 vs 1, same as normal BG RP counts, maybe less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom