Competition FH Photo Comp #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
As suggested by Tom, this is the official photo competition thread.

Subject

Topic of this competition is landmarks. Should be suitable for town, country, sea and er, another instance as chosen by Milou winner of compo #8

Deadline

25th March, 21:00

Prize

Picking the next comps subject.

Rules

* The photo must be your own
* No text that isn't part of the original photo
* No merging of more than one photo, however panoramas are now allowed.
* Keep photos to a sensible size. It shouldn't be tiny, and viewers shouldn't have to scroll.
* Max of three entries. Multiple entries of the same shot from different angles etc not allowed. If you are unhappy with one of your entries, clearly point out which one and the mod will remove it. Keep this within reason please.
* Entries must be within the CoC (no cock, no flange)
* Allowed 'shopping : Rotating (finished image must be cropped to a rectangle), cropping, resizing, red-eye removal, lens correction (only to remove lens distortion, chromatic abberation and light falloff, etc.), non-selective image adjustments (changing levels throughout full image, blur, sharpen, noise reduction etc), gradient masks (linear only) for exposure correction

Previous subjects were:
apathy,the night,reflection,heritage,city,if you go down to the woods today,neglect,water

Tom

I am a FH squatter
2362211456_a5d4f4e3f2_b.jpg

Rivington Pike Tower, anyone who drives up the M61 will have seen it, its near the Reebok. Originally the site of a beacon but this was built in the 18th century as a retreat for hunters. The base is from the beacon. Winter Hill mast is in the background at a height of around 1500 feet.

3078574452_4b8a7a8a02_b.jpg

Winter Hill at night, with snow on the ground. The Plough is visible in the sky overhead. The mast is visible for many many miles around.

tierk

Part of the furniture
1. The Serpentine & Serpentine Bridge, Hyde Park - Central London.

DSC01169.JPG

itcheh

Part of the furniture
Going to Barcelona for the next week - I'll see what nice pics I can take and enter for this :)

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
#1 - The Falkirk Wheel

It serves as a modern engineering marvel that links the historic Forth & Clyde canals with the Union canal.

imgp2465.jpg

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Bloody hell that's impressive... I mean from an engineering pov.. I never knew anything like that existed. Nice pic too :)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Errrr ... so a barge gets in the bottom bit, and it gets picked up and the wheel turns until the barge can get out at the top????

Cool!

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Tom/Big G

once again those are bloody excellent photos.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Errrr ... so a barge gets in the bottom bit, and it gets picked up and the wheel turns until the barge can get out at the top????

Cool!
Isn't it just :)

There's a time-lapse animation on the wiki.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
#1 - The Baltic. Part of the restoration plans on the Newcastle Gateshead Quayside, originally the flour mill turned into a centre for contemporary art.
3231541377_e541ff00da_b.jpg

old.user4556

#2 - The Mitchell Library & M8 sunken section, Glasgow.

The juxtaposition between the attractive old Mitchell Library and the modern controversial urban section of the M8 motorway. Post-war planners invisaged Glasgow's roads and motorways akin to the freeways of Los Angeles; never again did a motorway dissect a city in this fashion.

imgp2018.jpg

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Sorry, but i am blown away by the Falkirk Wheel, sorry if thats sad, but i think its amazing. How clever

Gumbo

FH is my second home
That's awesome G. Can you post what you used to capture that, equip and settings? Feel free to keep it guarded, I won't be offended, but I'd love to know what you used.

old.user4556

Certainly Gumbo, settings and kit as follows:

A tripod mounted, 15 second exposure, f/13 for sharpness throughout DoF, ISO 200, taken on a Pentax *ist DS 6.2 MP with Pentax DA 10-17mm superwide / fish-eye lens at 10mm, shot in RAW (never waste my time with JPEG tbh) for widest dynamic range and minimal noise in the dark.

I've bought a new camera since then.

old.user4556

#3 - The Forth Road Bridge, South Queensferry.

Joining Fife and Mid-Lothian, a vital transport link here in Skirtland soon to be decommissioned and replaced.

imgp2667.jpg

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
can't believe I forgot :/ I have a chore, then I shall see about this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom