Rant ffs

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
as you may know, I am somewhat susceptible to catching colds at the drop of a hat. to give you an idea, yesterday I was having beers with mates, today I got called into work, then went home with the idea to go mountain biking, feeling utterly fine.

having a last cup of coffee before I went biking, I sneezed. then I sneezed some more. now we're a couple hours later. there's a constant stream of snot running from me, and I have worked my way through 4 packets of hankies so far and I'm starting to feel like crap. yay. so pleased. nothing beats a summer cold unless you count spontaneous combustion :/

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
I too suffered from colds far too much until I read a book about home remedies that seems to have been very well researched by a gp. So now I've upped my vitamin C intake, eat more garlic, drink more water and acidic fruit juices.
The vitamin C boosts your immune system and 1000mg slow release is recomended for when you feel a cold coming on.
Garlic is possibly the most useful natural antiseptic, bacteria is utterly destroyed by it along with your social life.
Water because when you have a cold something like 3 pints of snot is produced in your nasal passage.
And acidic fruit juice like orange, lemon, grapefruit also kills bacteria in your throat that cause sore throats.
Other things like coffee (which is an anti oxidant) can reduce swelling in blood vessels in your nose which can stop your nose form being blocked, and also in you head which can stop headaches.

End result, I haven't had a cold in over a year now.

TdC

man just finished hankie packet #5. I live reasonably healthy, but I must say that I keep irregular hours and don't sleep as much as I shoud. damn I feel wrecked :/

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Colds suck arse.

Get well soon chunky :(

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
GEt proper hankies and wash them when your done instead of chopping trees to stop yr snot :p

TdC

disgusting, I will never use a cloth hankie :(

also, I am out of ankies atm. I just sneezed and actually hit my tv a good five yards away o0

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Forget your Lemsip. Hot Vimto is what you want.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I've got Vimto in the fridge, forgot about it actually, cheers for the reminder Tom!

TdC

heh I have most of the swine flu symptoms. however, to put your mind at ease, I have had them for most of my life each time I get a cold :)

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!

But seriously, take it easy for a few days, I hope you get better soon.
The fun thing is that I found out TODAY that my little sister has H1N1 influenza, aka Swine 'Flu. None of this "Oh I think I've got it" either... she tested positive from a swab test. Last week my Dad was put in hospital with a sky high fever, a UTI and septicaemia.
The week before, my little boy was "off" for about a week... high fever, throwing up, the runs, coughing, sneezing.
The week before, my little girl had a fever, throwing up, the runs, coughing and sneezing.

See a pattern here? :)

My personal remedy for colds and flus is lots of watery drinks and soluble paracetamol and codeine. Charging up on vitamin C is always worthwhile.

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
heh I have most of the swine flu symptoms. however, to put your mind at ease, I have had them for most of my life each time I get a cold :)

just don't breath on the screen then.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Had the same yesterday. More snot than it's humanly possible to harbour inside the body, couldn't get out of bed and spent a total of 20 hours asleep yesterday, banging headache and the likes. No high temperature though, so not sure it's pigsniffles.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
My girlfriend's coming down with the lurgy at the moment, so I'm guessing it will be me next (we both take regular Vit-C etc. already), feeling knackered but otherwise OK ATM; shame if I get it because for like the first time in my life I didn't get any colds last year. Year before was a doozy though, never seen phlegm like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom