Ffs Why Oh Why!"!!111

A

asorek

sarcastic title but none the less.....

Whine No.1

FFS patched 7 *%^*%&* times to US servers tonight..i was fighting with it to copy and paste the EU server details..it was like watching the Tyson Vs Bruno Fight all over again!! copy+paste...updates....logs in...updates..copy + paste...logs in updates..etc etc... why havnt they sorted this out?!?!

Whine No.2

Still crashing to Desktop and GOA REFUSE to take me seriously..i sent them my DxDiag.txt and my Sysinfo.(whatever it is).. nope nothing wrong they say its your problem..my CPU ISNT overheating...my system ISNT overheating..no other game does it!! DOES ANYONE have a solution? funny how Classic Client doesnt do it..... yet Si is ludicrously (sp?) fickle as to when it crashes....and they expect to keep customers?? i aint buying TOA no Frickin way..its been like this since SI release!!

for those who care my system is as follows:

AMD Athlon Xp1800+
512mb DDR Ram
Geforce 4 Ti 4600 128mb Gfx
60gb HDD 7200rpm
PS2 Mouse and Keyboard
AOL 9.0 Adsl Connection
Using BT Voyager USB Modem
Windows XP

All Drivers are upto date!!

i feel better now ive vented!! but still cant go serious RvR ill get booted randomly!!

ROLL ON WOW....please mr blizzard make it stable!! and ill love you forever!!

T

Tasans

The patching crap is getting crazy. I keep patching to the us no matter how i change the update file.

O

old.Reno

Make your update.dat read only, should prevent patching to the US.

B

Brynn

yea i made mine read only yet it STILL changed it and patched it, the only way it didn't make me auto update was when i clicked the check every individual file

C

chretien

No.1 If the login servers are down or having problems then you will keep patching to US even if your update.dat is read only.
You can still login by skipping the updater and going straight to login:

Open your Mythic/SI folder (or Mythic/Camelot if you aren't running SI) and go to the tools menu at the top. Choose Options and then on the Folder Options window go to the View Tab.
Scroll down a little way and remove the tick from 'Hide Extensions for Known File Types' Click on apply and then ok.

Right click anywhere in the background of the folder window and choose New->Text document.
Open this document and type in login.dll then save it.
Rename the document login.bat. Right click on it and Send To -> desktop to create a desktop shortcut.

Now If you double click on this shortcut it will take you straight to the login screen and skip the updater completely. Just remember to login properly when there is a patch or you won't be able to get in.

No. 2
Crash to desktop is usually a graphics issue. Goa are probably right when they say that it's your set-up rather than the SI client.
I have exactly the same version of the SI client as you do and mine doesn't crash. Also SI has higher requirements than classic so is more likely to expose underlying problems.
Couple of things to do, reinstall your graphics drivers and then reinstall DirectX. Do it in that order. If there was a time when SI wasn't crashing to desktop, install the version of the detonator drivers you were using at that time.
Try running the comp with the side of the case off and a desk fan pointed at your graphics card. Even if your system monitor/bios says the system isn't overheating it can be wrong as it only measures temperatures in the vicinity of the probe, meaning that local temperatures in various parts of the case can be wildly different. Also in my experience they aren't terribly accurate - I've known them to be out by as much as 15 degrees.

D

darzil

Also for the higher end graphics cards, their cooling becomes relevant.

I've also heard of plenty of success for improving stability by underclocking graphics cards slightly.

Darzil

T

the_hermit

I was having CTD issues a while back - turned out to my a dodgy memory stick... Swapped it out and all is fine and dandy.

Try running with one stick (if you can), if it carries on, swap it with the other one.

If it *still* happens - I got nothin'!

A

asorek

done the memory..not that

done the drivers and DX....not that

there was NEVER a time when SI wasnt CTD.. my system isnt that outdated...it handles much more GFX Heavy games other than DAOC SI without any probs.... Its NOT ME!! i can assure you! im using only Quality compoenents in my PC no dodgy cheap stuff...ive had every part of my PC taken away and tested and it all came back fine.... there is nothing..other than shitty windows to blame..i wish DAOC worked on Linux..id be there in a flash!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom