ffs goa

O

old.giriam

Subscription pages are down again.

GIVE US A FUCKING WARNING, A LITTLE NOTE THAT SAYS WHY, JUST SOME FORM OF FUCKING COMMUNICATION WITH YOUR SUBSCRIBERS.

I dont mind the fact that things go down occationally (although an argument could easily be made that the subscription pages go down too often) - I just hate the fact that you never give your customers any clue as to what is going on.

G

O

old.Tohtori

Can't really warn if a system crashes...othe then that...it's GOA. Deal with monkeys and you go bananas.

O

old.giriam

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
Can't really warn if a system crashes...othe then that...it's GOA. Deal with monkeys and you go bananas.

I dont mind that things are down. If they could just make a little note on their webpage explaining whats going on everything would be just dandy. As it is now we have no idea if they even intended to fix this during the weekend.

GOA needs to learn how to communicate. Nothing is more upsetting to a customer than getting stonewalled.

G

F

Flimgoblin

try again in 10m - sometimes they go down temporarily due to too many people processing on the Bibit servers.

Course other times they go out to the pub for the weekend ;) let's hope it's the former.

Y

-yoda-

Originally posted by old.giriam
I dont mind that things are down. If they could just make a little note on their webpage explaining whats going on everything would be just dandy. As it is now we have no idea if they even intended to fix this during the weekend.

GOA needs to learn how to communicate. Nothing is more upsetting to a customer than getting stonewalled.

G

if Goa put news out everytime summin went wrong with the servers/game/subs page/Xml there wouldnt be any room at all for normal stuff cos the amount of cockup's goa have made over the time they have been running daoc here is stupidly large

/em Awaits the Goa lovers to flame away :p

F

fanatical-ace

I believe the subbscription pages are always down on weekends (dont as me why, something withe security apparently). Might be wrong though.

S

Shike

I just managed to get in and renew an account, thank god, was really worried since its friday

Z

Zandr

same with me was down when i got home, went out to kick on som trees pretend they are goa workers come back 20mins later and they was up :D

F

Fafnir

I got into the sub pages about 10 min ago, no problem.

N

-Nxs-

Where I work, we know within 60 seconds if a key system or service stopps. A message is imediatly updated to a front end website to let our customers know there is an problem and a technicician has been called, its then in our SLA to update this every 30 minutes.

There just too busy to care :)

O

old.giriam

Originally posted by barevoose
lol, why are u so upset then ??

D'uh, if you read the rest of the post you quoted I think I stated what my problem was pretty clearly.

G

O

old.giriam

Originally posted by -Nxs-
Where I work, we know within 60 seconds if a key system or service stopps. A message is imediatly updated to a front end website to let our customers know there is an problem and a technicician has been called, its then in our SLA to update this every 30 minutes.

Same where I work. Thats how it should be done, it doesnt even take a lot of effort to set it up.

G

S

ssera

Same where I work. Thats how it should be done, it doesnt even take a lot of effort to set it up.

G

maybe you should go to the wanadoo hq in paris and offer your services then?

T

the_fnord

omg sumthin happened to me and a few other peeps! happened to noone else but it must be Goa fault! OMG!!!one11 GOA SUXX0R!!!11oneone!!!111

Whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, whine, and whine!
Have sum cheese, cheese, cheese, cheese, cheese, cheese, cheese and cheese! :p

pffft!

M

Mavl

CHRIST!

I just logged in to my subs, everything was ok, and when i press Access secure payment it dumps me to the login form and i cant get in again FFS!

So is there an everyday "fuck off, you you won't get in" time, or wot?

O

old.giriam

Originally posted by the_fnord
omg sumthin happened to me and a few other peeps! happened to noone else but it must be Goa fault! OMG!!!one11 GOA SUXX0R!!!11oneone!!!111

And whining about whine is soo much better because..?

Atleast you got a mouth big enough to take a whole lot of foot in it.

G

T

the_fnord

And whining about whine is soo much better because..?

Atleast you got a mouth big enough to take a whole lot of foot in it.

G
I'm not whining, merely pointing out how silly u sound! :p
2nd it's not my mouth that's big, it's my bellybutton! :eek:

O

old.giriam

Originally posted by the_fnord
I'm not whining, merely pointing out how silly u sound! :p
2nd it's not my mouth that's big, it's my bellybutton! :eek:

.. And im merely pointing out how bad GOA is at keeping the customers up to date :)

Seriously though, I wasnt the only one with the problem. Noone could connect and it was only down for a couple of hours. I still maintain that my point is valid though, how are we supposed to know that it's only down for a couple of hours if they dont tell us.

But this whole thing is getting old. Guess they keep taking the pages up and down at random intervals to force us all to subscribe for 3 months at a time :p

G

S

ssera

But this whole thing is getting old. Guess they keep taking the pages up and down at random intervals to force us all to subscribe for 3 months at a time :p

nope, 'cos most people don't have any problems...

(p.s. I totally agree that communication from goa might as well not exisit for all the good it does, but you can't forget that the vast majority of players pay&play without any problems.)

T

the_fnord

Originally posted by ssera
nope, 'cos most people don't have any problems...

(p.s. I totally agree that communication from goa might as well not exisit for all the good it does, but you can't forget that the vast majority of players pay&play without any problems.)
What he ssera said!

And sure giriam, u might be pointing out sumthin, but "ffs" reads whine to me. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread