Ff

S

Shike

I think it could work with a system of penalties, what do you guys think? Only for RvR since it would fuck up PvE too much.

The good thing would be that RvR would be a lot harder and require people to use the brain a lot more when playing instead of the regular instamez/stun+PBAoE, add to that CC would be harder since AoE wont be as effective anymore since you really dont wanna mez your groupmates :)

Post constructive posts please people, come with reasons why it would suck if you think its a bad idea and reasons why it would be a good idea if you think that.

:)

FF=Friendly Fire btw

A

Addlcove

like "ooops sorry there Teaspoon didn´t see ya home my mace didn´t hurt too much"???

best constructive criticism I can give is

"it sucks" try again with a better idea

W

Whoodoo_RD

/em points at camlann

Thats the only place for this kinda thing, FF in the normal realms would be a bloody mess! Imagine relic raids, not a hope in hell while all the tanks are getting mezzed from both sides, it would just turn into a mass CC arena, with a lot of ppl standing still with big z's buzzing round.

Not possible IMO

Either that or go back to playin CS.

S

Shike

Originally posted by Tasans
This aint planetside :p

hehe i know, I would love the instant actionoption in daoc though =)

B

Belsameth

great idea!

there's quite a few albs who I'd like to see ending up with my sword in their back :)

S

Shike

Originally posted by Addlcove
like "ooops sorry there Teaspoon didn´t see ya home my mace didn´t hurt too much"???

best constructive criticism I can give is

"it sucks" try again with a better idea

well, if you use the "target nearest enemie" that screnario is likely, if you think more about what you target before hitting, it wont happen right? Thus, it would make it a bit harder right?

Dont you guys think Daoc is a bit too easy at times? :)

A

Apathy

Yes! And make spread heals heal any enemies within a certain radius too!

Genius.

a.

S

Shike

Originally posted by Apathy
Yes! And make spread heals heal any enemies within a certain radius too!

Genius.

a.

I expected a little more wisdom from an earther tbh, but ok ;)

D

Danya

FF = caster nerf, yeah kick us when we're down, GG!

S

Shike

Danyan, most casters are already shait tbh and should be fixed in some way imo. But yes, FF would nerf casters a bit, especially PBAoE, and mezzing classes would have a harder time aswell since they cant AoE so easily. The casterthingy need its own solution though, like resistcaps and such or a nerf to resists, but thats another story :)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

It would be the end of mana chanters...

I am all for it.

Wait.. then everyone and their dog would roll an uber-duber light chanter...

Forget it. It sucks etc. tbh.

W

Whoodoo_RD

Originally posted by Shike
Dont you guys think Daoc is a bit too easy at times? :)
If L3X is all you got so far, youre not into the game yet, so no!

T

tripitaka

Originally posted by Whoodoo_RD

and of course - everything revolves around RvR doesn't it... I have played for over a year, and barely RvR'ed. AND IM LOVING IT.

It goes to show life in-game doesn't rely on RvR.

Yes i know RvR has to be done to take keeps but thats not the be-all and end-all of everthing DAOC.

I'd love to see more Light spec casters, and i think FF would certainly make life interesting, but only work if no mezz, or PBAOE capabilities

D

Danya

Originally posted by Shike
Danyan, most casters are already shait tbh and should be fixed in some way imo. But yes, FF would nerf casters a bit, especially PBAoE, and mezzing classes would have a harder time aswell since they cant AoE so easily. The casterthingy need its own solution though, like resistcaps and such or a nerf to resists, but thats another story :)
So you admit we need fixes and propose a nerf... OK... Lay off the whacky juice in future, thanks. ;)

S

Shike

Originally posted by Whoodoo_RD

hmm

42, 47, 50, 47, 50, 50, 50 are the lvls of my previous characters plus various alts, soon have 200 days /played in total. Just dont type it out in my sig. Am I allowed to have an opinion now? o_O

S

Shike

Originally posted by Danyan
So you admit we need fixes and propose a nerf... OK... Lay off the whacky juice in future, thanks. ;)

hehe, damnit, now you wont get to taste it ! ;)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

You are supposed to put every single character into your sig.

Including a short bio, witty quotes and your general view on life.
Then you shall be truly elite.
Everything is lame.

S

Shike

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)

Everything is lame.

you must truly love Spice's sig I guess ;)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Not as much as I love Ward%d "I am a moron and I love it" Nemesis' one.

I forgot the pointless, non-funny IRC quotes - a must in every eejits sig.

Did I mention ASCII "art"?

O

old.TeaSpoon

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)

Everything is lame.

I liked your quote, but shall remove it on request.

And Addl - How would you like my flaming polearm shoved somewhere that a 50 spec in rejuv wont save you from? ;)

A

Apathy

Originally posted by old.TeaSpoon
And Addl - How would you like my flaming polearm shoved somewhere that a 50 spec in rejuv wont save you from? ;)

Given his holes' capacity, as shown in countless photo spams, I think a polearm wouldn't touch the sides. :p Try a ram.

a.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Danyan
What about non-funny BW-forums quotes sick? ;)

That's more like a wall of shame. :p

And Teaspoon... :(

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Dunno...it does have some merit. i.e. no more chanter zergs. They will all kill eachother before they do any damage to the enemy. :)

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by old.TeaSpoon
IAnd Addl - How would you like my flaming polearm shoved somewhere that a 50 spec in rejuv wont save you from? ;)

I´m only 43 rejuv :p

but tell you what TS come visit we´ll go drinking and you can ram your polearm up into any peasant we run into in town (and there´s a LOT of peasants around here) :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom