Few Questions

TheRiddler

Fledgling Freddie
Hi guys, ive recently aquired a TFT monitor and ive noticed that when night time comes (in game), i cannot see ANYTHING! I have turned the brightness up on the monitor to no avail, does anyone know of a program that stops this problem? (As another friend of mine with a TFT has the same problem)

Also, since i got the TFT i have to play in 1280x1024 (native res) so my fps has dropped quite a bit. Does anyone know of any way to increase my fps?

Comp spec's as follow...

DAoC + SI (TOA on way :D)

Athlon 2600 @ 3200
1GB DDR Ram
GeForce FX 5800 Ultra

Thats about it really :)

Cheers!

Mathal

Fledgling Freddie
I have the same problem at work. Can't watch daoc-movies without turning up brightness in the movie player. Everything seems to be darker with it.
You don't have to run daoc in 1280x1024 though. The text will suffer abit yes, but I don't think it will be that bad. Try to run it in 1024x768 and see what it's like.
If you have Adobe Gamma-whatsitsname, try to adjust the brightness there. Don't know if it will work though. If you find a solution please post it here! I've been thinking of getting me a TFT aswell.

amodien

Fledgling Freddie
me and a mate at work have the same problem.

afraid you have to get use to it :)

when im running in dark areas i use a torch lol

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Try a program called Powerstrip..
I had this problem to with a regular monitor.. couldn't see 5 feet infront of me even with the torso on :) .. install powerstrip and find Gamma and raise it.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
I have the opposite problem actually.. I see well enough in darkness, but in areas with lots of white, I see nothing but white. (Which makes running around some of the SI areas in Midgard a pita. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom