few questions

J

jim_01

the minstrel power song overwrites the sorc power buff.

1)is it the same with the run song and run buff? or will the sorc pulse re-kick in once the minstrel run song wears off?

2) im lvl 17 with almost a plat. would someone please give me some guidance on some good buys at my lvl and how much i should be paying for it. im on excalibur.

3) would some kind soul please tell me what i can turn off in the chat log.

so far i have turned off my hits, my death, others death and the last one which is something like spell pulses. is there any more which are mearly text-candy, so to speak, and are not essential / useful?

i would like to re-enable my hits but theres too much spam. my chat box takes up 3/4 of the depth of my screen already.

4) im finding that i dont always get buffs. what buffs should i ask for with what classes? eg if theres a sorc always ask for power 2 if me, as a minstrel, can only do power 1 . if theres a cleric ask for haste etc etc.

5) is there a general rule on when to power and shout dd's / stuns only or should i only power inbetween pulls and always melee? eg if 6 casters and no sorc then perma-power.

6) i read somewhere that power / health regen songs suck if in combat mode. is this the case and could someone give some figures if so?

7) I read this somewhere

"Better yet you can setup 1h, 2h and ranged slots as hotkeys in your keyboard config. This way it doesn't burn a quickbar slot. I have mine set to Q,W,E. It's under options/keyboard at the character selection screen."

But isn't this guy talking crap or can you do this?

8) Is it my lame keyboard or crap programming that makes a lot of the keys double up eg "numberpad right" is the same as "right"?

i SUSPECT ITS THE latter which bites. im desperate for keys. nostromo is a no-go cos im left-handed.

9) Is there a way to move my compass and perf meter. they are in the middle of my screen from where i first started game in a low rez?

hope so.

THANKS in advance.

B

Bejeezus

I'm sleepy and confused so sorry that I can only respond with a question at the moment...

How the hell did you manage to get almost a platinum at level 17?
Just how rich are you?

C

chretien

number 9 is hold down shift and drag them.

7 and 8 you can sort out by going to 'keyboard options' at the character selection screen. There you can remap your keyboard however you like and get rid of any double duty keys.

Kit for your level- double your level is the approximate AF you should be wearing, chain comes in 0's and 4's (i.e. 10, 14, 20, 24, 30, 34 etc.) So at level 17 af34 will be optimal for you, or you could get some af40 which you will grow into.

Weapons: the formula here is dps-1.2/0.3 for the optimal level so just turn it around - (level*0.3)+1.2 is the DPS you want to aim for - so at level 17 that gives 6.3 dps. Assuming you are thrust specced that gives a choice of Alloy stiletto (6.3dps), Alloy main gauche (6.5dps) or Alloy rapier (6.8dps) as good options.

Dunno about the rest, never played a minstrel beyond level 6.

N

-Nxs-

the minstrel power song overwrites the sorc power buff.
1)is it the same with the run song and run buff? or will the sorc pulse re-kick in once the minstrel run song wears off?
These are different spells, so can both be active at the same time and wont overwrite each other, if the mins is out of range the sorc/theurg speed will kick back in

2) im lvl 17 with almost a plat. would someone please give me some guidance on some good buys at my lvl and how much i should be paying for it. im on excalibur.
Wait for level 20 when you can wear chain, get a crafter to make you some nice player crafted finealloy/mithril chain and a spellcrafter to put some stats on it

3) would some kind soul please tell me what i can turn off in the chat log.
so far i have turned off my hits, my death, others death and the last one which is something like spell pulses. is there any more which are mearly text-candy, so to speak, and are not essential / useful?i would like to re-enable my hits but theres too much spam. my chat box takes up 3/4 of the depth of my screen already.
Just Right click in the chat window, put blobs next to each line of text you want, its not that bad, you can also increase your screen resolution in the options at character selection, and choose a smaller font this will fit more info on screen

4) im finding that i dont always get buffs. what buffs should i ask for with what classes? eg if theres a sorc always ask for power 2 if me, as a minstrel, can only do power 1 . if theres a cleric ask for haste etc etc.
Clerics cant do haste :) generaly people know what buffs to give you and prioritise accordingly, it depends on what job you are performing in the group too - dont worry about buffs, just ask for them and people generaly know what to give you - If you are in combat then STR and CON would be a good start from a cleric

5) is there a general rule on when to power and shout dd's / stuns only or should i only power inbetween pulls and always melee? eg if 6 casters and no sorc then perma-power.
really depends on the group and what they want you to do, if there are lots of casters then you may just be needed to constantly play the mana song, if loads of tanks then you will need to chat the ABS buffer (when you get it at higher level) ask the group what they want you to do, be warned that shout dd's do quite a bit of damage, dont use them at the start of the fight, or you'll get the agro better to let a tank build this up first

6) i read somewhere that power / health regen songs suck if in combat mode. is this the case and could someone give some figures if so?
Dont have them to hand but mana/end/hp all regen slow in combat, quicker out of combat and even quicker when sitting, people also frown on mins that just play a song and do nothing else, but having said that caster groups will almost certainly need you to do this with mana song if a sorc is not around

7) I read this somewhere
"Better yet you can setup 1h, 2h and ranged slots as hotkeys in your keyboard config. This way it doesn't burn a quickbar slot. I have mine set to Q,W,E. It's under options/keyboard at the character selection screen." But isn't this guy talking crap or can you do this?
I think this was a new thing in one of the more recent patches, maybe not hit the UK yet, as a mins you can put your instruments into the 2h and ranged slot as mentioned and pop these icons on your quickbar for easily changing them - im sure I was reading in the later patch notes that a single keypress on the keyboard will change you to 'ranged' or 'two handed' weapon im sure this is what he is on about - check the patch notes

8) Is it my lame keyboard or crap programming that makes a lot of the keys double up eg "numberpad right" is the same as "right"?

i SUSPECT ITS THE latter which bites. im desperate for keys. nostromo is a no-go cos im left-handed.
Most of the keys you can remap - look for the config/options menu item when you select which character to play - jut adjust things to how you want them

9) Is there a way to move my compass and perf meter. they are in the middle of my screen from where i first started game in a low rez?
yup hold down shift and left click and drag them around the screen (i think, its been a while since i played

Have fun with the mins - its a great and varied class to play.

Users who are viewing this thread