Few questions while i download the game

Aada

Part of the furniture
Ok gonna have a go at DAOC last time i played was a few months after TOA came out anyways onto my questions.

1. What server do i pick? or what type do i pick? Classic i hear has no buffbots but is the server a dead duck?

2. Shall i make another account and lvl up a buffbot along with my main character if i pick one of the TOA servers.

3. Prob gonna make a Shadowblade

4. How easy is it to make money these days? from the thread i posted in a few days ago people said gaining ML'S/doing all the TOA shit can be bought with BP'S? hell what are BP's so long since i played i've forgot everything

Anything else you 10 year vets can think of would be awesome thanks.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Ok gonna have a go at DAOC last time i played was a few months after TOA came out anyways onto my questions.

1. What server do i pick? or what type do i pick? Classic i hear has no buffbots but is the server a dead duck?

2. Shall i make another account and lvl up a buffbot along with my main character if i pick one of the TOA servers.

3. Prob gonna make a Shadowblade

4. How easy is it to make money these days? from the thread i posted in a few days ago people said gaining ML'S/doing all the TOA shit can be bought with BP'S? hell what are BP's so long since i played i've forgot everything

Anything else you 10 year vets can think of would be awesome thanks.

1) Pick Ywain-1

2) If you wanna play a SB level a buffbot too.

3) Are you sure? SB are one of the most loot dependent chars. Currently ML10 stuff is the best and getting astral blades for a temp might take a while.

4) Its pretty easy. BP = bounty points, you get them for RvRing.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Why are SB one of the most loot dependable?

Well i wanna make a stealth character anyway so what would you recommend?

Logi

Part of the furniture
ywain1? go ywain10 rather, you cant get a house in ywain1 its full. and since selling stuff in housing is prolly gonna be one of your main sources of income, id say its pretty important to pick a less crowded ywain such ywain10 or ywain8.

imo SBs arent loot dependant at all, they're quite good even without ML10 weapons. Its just a myth that ML10 weapons makes ur char perform better, playstyle and "your own strategic ways and setups" are an alot more reliable way of making A char good.

edit: start off with some fine steel long swords or leggies :) and afterwards when you feel like it and have the money for it you can make a template thats Mainhand free and u can swap out with an ML10 weap :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
How easy is it to make money on the game?

I'm hoping to be in the game for the long run if i start a second account up with a buff bot so would it be ideal to maybe start my first character with insert class-buffbot to maximise money making?

Soz for the questions i'd rather just be time efficient then getting to lvl 50 with my SB and finding out the class most likely sucks arse for farming money or whatever it is you sell in this game to make money.

I'm defo going Midgard.

So what class to team with buffbot?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

I'm hoping to be in the game for the long run if i start a second account up with a buff bot so would it be ideal to maybe start my first character with insert class-buffbot to maximise money making?

Soz for the questions i'd rather just be time efficient then getting to lvl 50 with my SB and finding out the class most likely sucks arse for farming money or whatever it is you sell in this game to make money.

I'm defo going Midgard.

So what class to team with buffbot?

Well, you can make quite abit off RvR if you kill fast enough/alot of people :p otherwise you'll basicly have to salvage or sell items that people use (certain dragon items and TG vests is prob your best bet at making some quick plat) otherwise nothing but salvage, its easy as hell to get max metal working to salvage these days simply goto a city (as they have craft bonus/speed) and do the following:

300 Armourcraft
300 Weapon Craft
300 Tailoring
300 Fletching

That will give you more than enough Metal Working to salvage arcanium quickly :) then its just a case of farming arcanium, goto TOA for that and do Afrits/ML encounters/Arti encounters for metal stuff to salvage - you can easily make 100p-150p a day off salvaging if you know where to go for the stuff.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I get a BSOD everytime i play after about 5mins sigh there goes that idea.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Check to see if you have multilple sound outputs being used.
Right Click speaker in bottom right, playback devices. If you have multiple, disable the fancy pants ones.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I didn't realise DAOC was available on xbox :d

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH

If you get a decent PvE toon and bot, you can easily farm 2 or 3 plat in an hour these days. I'd do that first tbh, then you aren't really that limited as to what you can buy for your stealther. Also if you have the patience and some spare cash you can become LGM everything on one toon in a few days too.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
How does salvaging work these days ? i come from a time where you needed 1085 or so metalworking to get full salvage from arcanium :(

Logi

Part of the furniture
How does salvaging work these days ? i come from a time where you needed 1085 or so metalworking to get full salvage from arcanium :(

its easy as hell to get max metal working to salvage these days simply goto a city (as they have craft bonus/speed) and do the following:

300 Armourcraft
300 Weapon Craft
300 Tailoring
300 Fletching

That will give you more than enough Metal Working to salvage arcanium quickly :) then its just a case of farming arcanium, goto TOA for that and do Afrits/ML encounters/Arti encounters for metal stuff to salvage - you can easily make 100p-150p a day off salvaging if you know where to go for the stuff.

? :p

Punishment

Resident Freddy
So you dont need to level up metalworking/woodworking to 1085 to get full salvage like in SI ?

This is the last time i have even salvaged

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Salvaging is dire! Takes time and a lot of fucking effort, farming the items, breaking them into bars and then making the jewelry boxes..

Farm items/currency if you need money

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Salvaging is dire! Takes time and a lot of fucking effort, farming the items, breaking them into bars and then making the jewelry boxes..

I am i was just on a 2 draco ml10 raid with tags and we got 2 illu blades a conflag 3 spears leather set cloth set 2 fangs a mace of illu and i rolled too low to get any of em, balls and was only a 24 man raid lol

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

Skald + shaman do it well as do minstrel + cleric on alb :p you can /salvage them on the spot and gateway back to jewelry box them. The problem with currency farming is you compete with others to sell it so you arent guaranteed to sell it now/when you really need the money unless you undercut by a ridiculous amount in which case it'll take longer anyway, salvaging is guaranteed money on the spot :p

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
Skald + shaman do it well as do minstrel + cleric on alb :p you can /salvage them on the spot and gateway back to jewelry box them. The problem with currency farming is you compete with others to sell it so you arent guaranteed to sell it now/when you really need the money unless you undercut by a ridiculous amount in which case it'll take longer anyway, salvaging is guaranteed money on the spot :p

Thats a good point. The last time I played hib for example I went solo farming in Coruscating Mines, which is usually fairly quiet, and the place had basically been wiped clean by this guy from China, who was playing 11 chanters and two bards all on /follow. He had claimed it for his plat selling business apparently. He just spent his days walking through the place wiping everything out every twenty minutes or so. I have come across similar things on Alb and Mid too.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Well i keep getting a BSOD right after entering the game world.

Have no idea what's causing this any ideas?

Game was working fine up until the point in the tutorial area where i started doing quests. ;/

Duze

Loyal Freddie
Can I just ask a question about about the salvaging? Apart from an alchemist, I've never had any crafters before so I don't really get it :p

I have 300+ weaponcraft on my paladin. I can salvage arcanium items. However, I can't then do anything with the bars as 300 is too low to be able to make any hinges etc. above alloy/mithril. Do I just sell the bars? Cos the money from selling bars, doesn't seem to be huge amounts.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
Can I just ask a question about about the salvaging? Apart from an alchemist, I've never had any crafters before so I don't really get it :p

I have 300+ weaponcraft on my paladin. I can salvage arcanium items. However, I can't then do anything with the bars as 300 is too low to be able to make any hinges etc. above alloy/mithril. Do I just sell the bars? Cos the money from selling bars, doesn't seem to be huge amounts.

No, store them until you have enough metalworking to hinge them, unless you are desperate for cash obviously.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Had a really cool time today on DAOC got to lvl 12 and did some BG met a nice healer i've been lvling up with and we killed a few albs, man my heart started racing when i saw those 2 albs coming felt like old times :)

Can't wait to get on tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom