Female Email

D

Durzel

Just curious here, but in my line of work (support) I end up getting emailed by random people from random companies. One thing I've noticed that without exception, "social" emails that I've received from women invariably never have a subject line. Nothing. Just blank.

Just casually scanning through my mailbox, I've counted 8 different women who routinely email me with no subject line at all...

Very bizarre!

Anyone else noticed this - or am I just going mad?

J

Jonaldo

Women and technology... need we say more ;)

Think about it, the Computer system is based on logic, and this is the one thing women just have no grasp of :p

Or maybe it's just that no topic may imply that they babble on about nothing in particular.

Far be it for me to sound sexist at all though as my ex could actually use a microwave and timer perfectly.

D

Durzel

Actually "without exception" is a bit strong, I do obviously get the odd one or two that have a subject.. but I would wager than in 95%+ of cases its blank.

W

Will

Is the subject line normally either RE: or FW:?

I don't think its all women, just some of them. Any I know who actually use PCs from day to day are fine for subject lines.

T

Teh Krypt

Im not lucky enouth to have females email me so im not sure :(

O

old.Dillinja

Lol... There's something hypnotic about your avatar Durz. Sorry this is OT but had to mention it.

Y

Yoni

I use the subject line if I feel it is necessary - with those people who I email regularly from work i do not bother. Whats the point if emails are flowing back and forth quicker than you can think of an answer?:p

Users who are viewing this thread