Feeling safe on our little planet?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Extinction Level Event
Impossible to hush up. World-wide anarchy in the last 24 hours?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well if an ELE hits, it's rather simple.

You either;

A - Die rather quickly.
B - Survive and tell some hot chick "Come with me if you want to live."

Sound about right? :D

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Well, the dying rather quickly is a given. The government tells you "You all have 24 hours to live. Everyone is going to die, no matter where you go, how deep you dig, or how high you climb" (or words to that effect). So, you're in your apartment and you hear this news. Given that your last 24 hours are going to be spent relatively local to you, what do you do? No repurcussions. Go to loved ones? Defend your property? Steal stuff? Murder someone? Or just say your goodbyes and get drunk/stoned/high and wait for the big one?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'd probably go buy me a bottle of scotch, pack of smokes, ask around if buddies/bro/etc were heading somewhere for a "annihilation party" and then just wait to see if i survive or not.

Why worry about dying if you can't control it ;)

I still wouldn't break the law, just not in my nature.

Well should say "reasonable law", urinating in public wouldn't be too much of a worry :p

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Have you any idea what an AU (astronomical unit) is?
It's the distance between the earth and the sun halfway between its closest and furthest point, so 1.3AU is a long long distance...

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Now remember that all those rocks in the last second were all the ones tracked and identified in the last 30 years. Just because they weren't on screen at the beginning of the video doesn't mean they weren't there. We just didn't know they were there. :)

I suppose you could say yay for blissful ignorance. Knowing too much would make you stressed.

I also agree with the 1.3AU thing. I'm more bothered by the ones that pass within the Moon's orbit because they're the ones close enough to get perturbed by the Earth. They might miss now, but they might get their orbit changed enough to hit the Earth at a later date when it wasn't going to hit before.

No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

YouTube - Babylon 5 - 1.15 'Grail': Ivanova with perspective

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Well, the dying rather quickly is a given. The government tells you "You all have 24 hours to live. Everyone is going to die, no matter where you go, how deep you dig, or how high you climb" (or words to that effect). So, you're in your apartment and you hear this news. Given that your last 24 hours are going to be spent relatively local to you, what do you do? No repurcussions. Go to loved ones? Defend your property? Steal stuff? Murder someone? Or just say your goodbyes and get drunk/stoned/high and wait for the big one?

That's something no government would do. You will die without ever knowing what happened.

Just in the slight chance that it won't happen, they can't take the risk of causing worldwide anarchy.

So no point in actually making plans, since officially it will never happen.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Officially earth never existed, according to the deciding forces of nebula XI-Zulu.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Ordinary people have telescopes. And not every PhD in astrophysics or mathematics work for the government :p
It would go viral round the web in minutes. People would know about it

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah and someone might wonder about another sun in the sky anyway :D

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
An ELE will happen, it can't be dodged and is just a matter of time.

As Susan Ivanova rightly said, there is always a b00m. :D

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
No point worrying about it, either it will happen or it won't. Nothing you can do about it either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom