Feeding children

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
Due to my sister being ill, all of my family working today and me being off for the week, I've been lumbered with my 2 and a half year old niece for the day.
So far she's peed on the floor and awoken me far earlier than a man on holiday should wake. But my main concern is her eating, so far she's eaten a cracker, 1 slice of bread and a mini yogurt. It's now 12.45 and she's been running around all morning, surely she needs more to eat than that.
I know it's a common problem with kids at her age but does anybody have any parenting tricks I can try?

Also anybody mentioning apples in this thread gets negative rep.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
try making up some beans on toast (or whatever you don't mind eating as well) and then sitting down and trying to eat it.

In my experience my son generally wants whatever's on my plate :)

M

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well i usually season them with garlic, some basil and time, then let 'em simmer for about half an hour before serving.

Uara

Part of the furniture
Well i usually season them with garlic, some basil and time, then let 'em simmer for about half an hour before serving.

that joke would only work if the title was eating children ;)

00dave

just give her a bag of sugar. No need to worry then

You are kidding right, I've been playing monster all morning, I'd rather doing 10mile bergen tabs again. The determination my niece has to play is astounding.

00dave

I was gonna use the picard face palm but I don't know how to post pictures

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Gooses suggestion was spot on, they also will have an idea of what they like to eat anyway so just ask them :p

Don't give them to much sugars/sweets/crisps cause you'll be even more stressed out later on.

mycenae

Can't get enough of FH
If she's hungry, she'll soon let you know....and nearly always will tell you what she's hungry for too. Failing that, offer her milk to drink....its not the end of the world, some kids just aren't big eaters.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
My little girl is the same age and can be just as picky.
My personal lifesaver is Oatso-simple. Cheap, easy to make, sweet and yet good for you.
Quaker_Oatso_Simple_Variety_297g.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom