Fed up with PVP

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Well not PVP but the amount of ganking that happens making it less than perfect for soloing etc.

I had to make the choice, remove WoW, or try PVE for a bit. Therefore I am now on DragonBlight playing under the name of Barrfred.

Anyone else on DragonBlight? Alliance need only reply, Horde can fuckoff :p

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
mind if i ask wht server u wer on where the ganking was so bad?
i know the ganking on my server is starting to get stupidly bad at higher lvls.
on a quicknote im so happy hlf the people who play mages on horde on dragonmaw have no idea how to play. most likely they heard they were good so rolled 1, much like all the peeps on the test server.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Bloodscalp.

Once you hit a high level its impossible to do anything without dying.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Battlegrounds apparently are out now in the US, so hopefully we'll have them here real soon, which should take alot of the gankers out of mainstream areas (I hope) :)

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
Actually Deebs, doesn't matter if you're high level or not, i was in desolace the other day soloing (with my mage) and a couple of lvl ?? ( i assume 60) purposely stopped got off thier mounts and twatted me, all in all i must have been got at least half a dozen times, i find it funny that they take the time to 'gank' greys (no cp no hk) i just get my own back on them with my main, for e.g. one guild and i _will_ name them 'Hrafnin Flygur' (horde) think its so cool to go round in 5's or 6's and gank 1 player, no matter what level, so 10 of us 'ganked' _1_ of their players last night, eye for an eye tbh, if they wanna act like cnuts then thats what they can expect, which is spoiling the game but if thats the way they wanna play it then tough shit.

*edit* yes lets hope so j00p *edit*

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
Deebs said:
Bloodscalp.

Once you hit a high level its impossible to do anything without dying.

Left Bloodscalp as well for the same and other reasons. Odd as ganking didn't happen much* in the 30-40 zones but get into the 45+ zones and its a nightmare on there - you need to travel in groups or play at none peak times, just to many people in all the same areas.

* Stranglethorn Vale excepted that place is a mess

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
Gat_Decor said:
so 10 of us 'ganked' _1_ of their players last night, eye for an eye tbh, if they wanna act like cnuts then thats what they can expect, which is spoiling the game but if thats the way they wanna play it then tough shit.

Funny thing is, thats what EVERYONE thinks, I take exception to greys but if its red and gives HK's i'll kill it. Neither side is ever gonna cut you some slack, all you can do is try and give as good as you get.

If your getting pissed, head to a zone where you'll find some soloers a few levels below you and work off some aggression. You can guarantee thats why you'll find gankers running round places like STV, they have gotten pissed off with getting ganked in their own higher level zone and want some payback.

Best advice for a PvP server is find some friends that play regularly and always travel in packs. I'm 60 now anyway and mainly doing instances but if I ever go off to Burning Steppes mining or similar I just get a couple of friends to tag along. You'd be amazed at the number of kills you can get, killing the roaming 2 man gank teams.

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
I did the same i moved from PvP to PvE, got sick of the ganking.
Now with Battlegrounds, and CTF you also have places to guaranty PvP action.

You can also make Horde and Alliance chars on the same server.

Nugusta

One of Freddy's beloved
Personally, when I chose a pvp server I went by the book. "On the normal server, pvp mode is disabled by default".

I thought pvp would take place only in contested territories, which sounded like daoc to me, which was good (don't flame). Had I known at the time that they would introduce battlegrounds, I would have chosen a pve server. In my opinion they should have mentioned this sooner since this is mainly the reason alot of people chose a pvp server.

I love the warrior class and it's the only one I'd play at end game (No I havent tried others, nor do I want to) but I wouldn't reroll to a pve server because I seriously can't be bothered to go through all the "omg solo lowbie fighting mobs go go gadget WTF PWNZ0R". What makes it less appealing to reroll is that their are much more higher levels than there was when I had to do it first time around too.

Vantros of the Delerium

Fledgling Freddie
Nugusta said:
Personally, when I chose a pvp server I went by the book. "On the normal server, pvp mode is disabled by default".

I thought pvp would take place only in contested territories, which sounded like daoc to me, which was good (don't flame). Had I known at the time that they would introduce battlegrounds, I would have chosen a pve server. In my opinion they should have mentioned this sooner since this is mainly the reason alot of people chose a pvp server.

I love the warrior class and it's the only one I'd play at end game (No I havent tried others, nor do I want to) but I wouldn't reroll to a pve server because I seriously can't be bothered to go through all the "omg solo lowbie fighting mobs go go gadget WTF PWNZ0R". What makes it less appealing to reroll is that their are much more higher levels than there was when I had to do it first time around too.

Nuggie re-read BoH forum i said from day 1 i couldnt wiat for battlegrounds to come..

Nugusta

One of Freddy's beloved
Vantros of the Delerium said:
Nuggie re-read BoH forum i said from day 1 i couldnt wiat for battlegrounds to come..

I wasn't very active on BoH forums when WoW was being introduced, infact, I wasn't active with anything but rl :p /sigh

Gray

FH is my second home
Sometimes sucks been a Warrior, if i see someone on a steed coming by i just try to get out the way and let it by, but as im a level 29 it kinda sucks.

Few occasions yesterday was walking around, a few steeds passed me, and didnt bother, but some got off their horses and just one-hit killed me. I never saw the point in it. I thought if they was over 10 levels above you, they would get dishonor points, but apparently its not th case??

Nugusta

One of Freddy's beloved
No that's not the case, since blizzard find it too complicated to code in a tagging system where if the lowbie attacks the high person first, and the high person kills the lowbie, the high char won't get dishonour.

Afaik thats the reason they didn't implement it. But I don't doubt some one will come along and joyfully tell me I'm wrong with a tauren hoof up my buttcrack. :p

Tzan

Fledgling Freddie
WoW needs nerves of steel... or just a gun to shoot down all these CS kids running and hoping around like wabits (aren't their fingers tired by pressing the spacebar that much?). Retards exist everywhere, it is just that most of us played DAoC and are used to a specific way of play imo. I think that if we played Camlann and not on a normal server we would mind that much (eg. doing Battler and get flanked by another grp).

unseelie

Regular Freddie
Nugusta said:

you were well warned that PvE was the way to go :p

you're now vans gimp :D

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
By the way if you do go Alliance, be warned thats is like a 2.2/1 Alliance/Horde ratio on nearly every PvE server.

As am on Silvermoon Horde and Alliance are like bloody Lemmings, thank god the BG is 40/40.

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm on Al'Akir its 1/1.2 in Horde favour.
So it's pretty even.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom