Favourite Movies

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
What is your favourite movie? Why is it your favourite movie? And what is the movie about?

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Debbie does dallas

Debbie gets naked

Debbie gets fucked alot

Ezteq

Queen of OT
i just tried to do a reply but ended up wanting to list about 5000 movies and having a panic attack.................

thanks mate, thanks a lot :(

Any one got a brown paper bag? im still hyperventillating

Ormorof

FH is my second home
mmm tough one... so many good movies out there...

think top one has to be Shrek though :D

why? its so funny i was in tears when i first saw it :p

its about an ogre and a donkey rescuing a princes from errr, a dragon... with plenty of disney spoofs thrown in :p

Natswoo

Banned
Though many don't like it: Vanilla Sky... though most that don't like it don't understand it... so much deeper meaning its scary

Marc

FH is my second home
Scarface without a doubt.

Panico was awesome in it.

Liked Goodfellas too, but it kinda lost its way near the end.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
The Legend
Its got David Hasselhoff in
kidnapping & Murder i think....i only saw the trailer but i know its uber

elisera

Fledgling Freddie
Breakfast at Tiffanys... Audrey Hepburn is beautiful and even though I bawl my eyes out at the end every time it makes me feel better :)

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Hmm dunno if it can be counted as a movie, but I love the manga movie called Princess Monoko(spelling?)

Its about a guy in a small tribe, that fights off a demon that comes to their village but in doing so he gets infected by the demons greed/anger, so he has to go find out the cause of it, and put a stop to whatever caused the animal to turn into a demon. Later on it turns out its humans farming the landscape for ores, killing the animals with their guns.

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmm, tough choice. I know and love so many movies, and each has a special place in my heart. Suppose my most fondest momories are of Darkstar.

Why: Because it started off the sci-fi /comedy genre (well, it was one of the first).

It's about a space-ship crew, an interplanetary demolitions crew destroying planets that will have a chance of spiraling into there own suns and causing supernova in the sectors being colonised by humans. This is done for two reasons, first: So that no-one accidentally colonises a planet that's going to be roasted in the next few thousand years (saving money and lives) and secondly: To stop a nova that could destroy the surrounding planetary systems, colonised by humans (saving money).

The ship has 20 bombs, 19 of which are now expended, and it's the last bombing run. The cruise has been a little screwed up, from the start, as the main bomb technician is actually a maintenance guy who got mistaken for the origional bloke after he killed himself. The captain is depressed, as he's dead, and kept alive in a bloke of ice. The second in command is having his mid-life crisis, the secondary bomb technician is bored, militant and an idiot (due to mild radiation poisoning), the navigator is spaced out (literally), and there final smart bomb thinks it's god.

The film is over 25 years old (probably more) but is still funny, having lots of subtle edges to the script and plot. Worth a watch if your a b-movie fan.

Siac

Fledgling Freddie
Leon

Because I melt when he answers the door to Matilda
(white light - salvation kinda thing going on :D)

A badass hitman

Some Mafia dude said:
..somebody serious

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Marc said:
Scarface without a doubt. Panico was awesome in it. Liked Goodfellas too, but it kinda lost its way near the end.

"Say hello to little friend!" - Scarface, best gangster movie ever.

Best movie of all time is quite a dificult pick as I tend to like movies for different reasons. take any Ridley Scot movie, the camera views and angles are always amazing, in my opinion no one makes better looking movies.

For cripping the seat arms suspense Hitchcock was the master. the Birds could still hold its own against any recent thriller/suspense movie. Although I did think The Ring was very good.

On the spot decision would be Alien. Great cinematics and suspense.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Binky the Bomb said:
Hmmm, tough choice. I know and love so many movies, and each has a special place in my heart. Suppose my most fondest momories are of Darkstar.

Why: Because it started off the sci-fi /comedy genre (well, it was one of the first).

It's about a space-ship crew, an interplanetary demolitions crew destroying planets that will have a chance of spiraling into there own suns and causing supernova in the sectors being colonised by humans. This is done for two reasons, first: So that no-one accidentally colonises a planet that's going to be roasted in the next few thousand years (saving money and lives) and secondly: To stop a nova that could destroy the surrounding planetary systems, colonised by humans (saving money).

The ship has 20 bombs, 19 of which are now expended, and it's the last bombing run. The cruise has been a little screwed up, from the start, as the main bomb technician is actually a maintenance guy who got mistaken for the origional bloke after he killed himself. The captain is depressed, as he's dead, and kept alive in a bloke of ice. The second in command is having his mid-life crisis, the secondary bomb technician is bored, militant and an idiot (due to mild radiation poisoning), the navigator is spaced out (literally), and there final smart bomb thinks it's god.

The film is over 25 years old (probably more) but is still funny, having lots of subtle edges to the script and plot. Worth a watch if your a b-movie fan.

great description but missed my fav bits the beach ball pet and and the guy who goes planet surfing at the end :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Jaem- said:
Hmm dunno if it can be counted as a movie, but I love the manga movie called Princess Monoko(spelling?)

Its about a guy in a small tribe, that fights off a demon that comes to their village but in doing so he gets infected by the demons greed/anger, so he has to go find out the cause of it, and put a stop to whatever caused the animal to turn into a demon. Later on it turns out its humans farming the landscape for ores, killing the animals with their guns.

princess mononoke
http://www.lecinema.net/rw_fiche-3683-.php

yeah that film was really good, i thought it was a girl tho?

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Bahumat said:
princess mononoke
http://www.lecinema.net/rw_fiche-3683-.php

yeah that film was really good, i thought it was a girl tho?

The girl was the human child of the wolf clan, some people dumped their baby in the forest and the wolfs raised her as their own. She was fighting with the animal gods to help save the forests and tree spirit from the humans cutting down their forest.

Tierce_

Fledgling Freddie
"Kids"

I watched it because it offended so many people and got an awesome reaction from others. Although my reasons for watching it was crap, I genuinly got into the movie and think it's a failry accurate (if extreme) summery of lower class teenage life.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Don't have any 'favourite' film, but watching Aliens and The Thing in the 80's was pretty cool, so far as frightening experiences go. Those two were ahead of their time!

"Horror" movies went downhill in the 90's... even now they all use cheap tricks and gore to scare the audience. The classic Hammer Horror movies were soo badly made, they rocked(watch Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires if you can)!

The last decent movie I've seen was Blow. Memento is quite good too, but it could've been darker! Clockwork Orange would've been the best film ever, if it had a little more of the old Ultra Voilence! But the second half of the film is too relaxed and lets down an amazing start.

Marc

FH is my second home
Escape said:
Don't have any 'favourite' film, but watching Aliens and The Thing in the 80's was pretty cool, so far as frightening experiences go. Those two were ahead of their time!

"Horror" movies went downhill in the 90's... even now they all use cheap tricks and gore to scare the audience. The classic Hammer Horror movies were soo badly made, they rocked(watch Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires if you can)!

The last decent movie I've seen was Blow. Memento is quite good too, but it could've been darker! Clockwork Orange would've been the best film ever, if it had a little more of the old Ultra Voilence! But the second half of the film is too relaxed and lets down an amazing start.

Aye, clockwork orange is a great film.

soze

I am a FH squatter
The Usual Suspects
Because the ending still gets me.
Its either a police line up, or an elobarate plan to kill a witness you decide.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Usual Suspects (usually hate that sort of film but utterly love that movie.)

Chronicles of Riddick. Gets panned by most people but I can watch it over and over, just one of those "stick it on and watch" movies that never fails to entertain. Love how people say "Vin Diesel wasn't emotional in it" WTF he's a murderer you want him to cry? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom