Favourite Cheeses of the Forum

G

gengi

As advised by Teh Seel, suck it and see, well maybe not exactly in those words, as they could be misconstrued, this being a tabling with a culinary bent.

For me its a nice bit of mature Stilton on a Digestive biscuit :p

Later

H

Hargh

Roquefort if I'm feeling Extra Mature (try it if you like Stilton), a nice bit of Philadelphia or cottage cheese for cheap cheese whoring, grated red lecicester and cheddar with salad cream for sarnies or maybe jsut scoffing the babybel :D

/lard

H

heilel

Good old fashioned Cheddar, preferably a strong one.

O

old.Tohtori

Cheddar is no Gouda but i do like the classic Black Emmental or just simple Edam.

Smelly cheeses are just plain nasty. I want to eat them, taste them but i sure as heck don't wanna smell like them.

Too old cheeses just cry the wrong way and i don't like sucking on cheeses so i leave those alone. Ever had some really old cheese that has half of the box it comes in filled with cheesey liquids? No good.

Seems it's not a bad idea gengi, go figure, it's a strange place :D

R

Rubric

Originally posted by The Kingpin
Applewood!

Applewood 4t3hw1n!!!!!!!
Have a nice chunk of it in my fridge at the moment just waiting to be applied to some crackers this evening.

Also Bavarian smoked cheese is rather nice.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Rubric
Applewood 4t3hw1n!!!!!!!
Have a nice chunk of it in my fridge at the moment just waiting to be applied to some crackers this evening.

Also Bavarian smoked cheese is rather nice.

tbh I prefer smoked Royal Bavarians, they are more crunchy but tastes kinda bitter :p

S

Sharma

Five counties cheese, mixture of all 5 of th best, including stilton and cheddar, can eat it by the block on its own ;)

J

Jonaldo

ok so I'm a bit off-topic but cheese is the devil, it's only any good on a pizza or a ham & cheese toasty.

When you can actually taste the cheese in anything you eat then it's disgusting and you're going to hell.

^^

N

Nightchill

Really depends on the moment.. Usually french (sorry) cheeses like boursin, camembert or brillat savarin for something expensive ;)

M

Munkey-

Tbh, that scottish cheese isnt half bad.

But I'm addicted to Red Leicester cheese.

Oh so scrummy and they come in convienant and small cheese plastic cases

T

Trahg

Any "blue cheese". But to be more specific:
Dana Blue Cream

it's close to perfect ;)

F

Fafnir

Svarta Sara, think its a swedish cheese, stinks like a year old sweaty socks. But the taste is unbeliveble. Mmmmmmm, just hold your breath and take a bite.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by old.LandShark
And again our tastes agree :D

muhaahhahahahahahah

<waits for stars to align>

any minute now......

any minute now.....

T

Testin da Cable

camenbert.

and

I'm a recovering feta addict :)

W

Weecamel

Not quite sure whats the difference between Brie and Camenbert, but love both of them :)

H

Hargh

omh of course i missed:

Halloumi (grilled)
Feta - salty
Mozzarella - anyway but best with balsamic dressing
Riccotta - in soup

and of course

Mascarpone - yum tiramasu

T

The Real Redi

well, they're cheesy