..."Faulting game.dll"...

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
OK, so in the last couple of days I've had bad problems with accounts LDing when I dual log - can happen at any time but especially when I log the second account in. I'm using /clientsleep minimised, it used to work fine but has been very bad the last few days...and havent changed anything on the machine itself. When it happens, I can't log the account that's crashed back in because the PC thinks another instance of the game is still running (the other account will keep working fine); have to reboot, which is obviously a pain. Game runs perfectly with just one account.

Checking Event Viewer/Applications shows this 'faulting game.dll' error at times that coincide with when I've had the LD+crash problem...any suggestions other than full reinstall of the game...? That .dll error certainly suggests a buggered game install to me.

System is:
Athlon XP2200+
2GB DDR
GeForce 4 Ti4600
ASUS A7N8X-X mobo
WinXP Pro

And, if I do need to re-install, any tips for getting the cleanest possible install?

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
*bump*

Anyone? It's getting worse all the time now, I can't dual-log at all.

Twist

Fledgling Freddie
Rename the game.dll file and do a full file check on start up to see if the launcher will dl a new version of the file? If it's that 1 file that's corrupted then you might be ok

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom