fastest adsl in the world

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Now resides at my home /flex

Download Speed: 74 kbps (9 KB/sec ) Upload Speed: 133 kbps (16.6 KB/sec )

Now they best fix the **** fast because its doing my head in.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Download Speed: 55 kbps (6.9 KB/sec ) Upload Speed: 135 kbps (16.9 KB/sec )

ileks

Part of the furniture
are you with BT? we upgraded to the 20mb version and it actually got slower...

Wish i had virgin 50mb :(

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I was on Sky 8 meg wasn't working at times - old man rang em up - said look, it isn't working - so they turned to 3/4 meg - and said it should work now - and it does? wtf.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
are you with BT? we upgraded to the 20mb version and it actually got slower...

Wish i had virgin 50mb :(

Nah, with Aquiss/Entanet its been fine for the past year or so this is actually the first problem i've had with them. Very reliable provider otherwise.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i have the 50meg with Virgin, its lush :) apart from the router not being able to handle the amount of information

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
i have the 50meg with Virgin, its lush :) apart from the router not being able to handle the amount of information

Aye, i'd love to get cable around here sadly the area i'm in at present is small in population so naturally its not been targetted for massive upgrades and what not :( 8mb is max here at present and hoping for 24mb sometime next year.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Download Speed: 55 kbps (6.9 KB/sec ) Upload Speed: 135 kbps (16.9 KB/sec )
Sounds like you've got a physical fault on your line. I've had speeds that slow before now as well and it needed a BT visit to sort it out. Do you find you're having trouble maintaining sync unless you lift your phone off the hook?

Either way, visit Aquiss Internet and raise a support ticket about it. You'll probably have a couple of mails back and forth with suggestions of things to check like your equipment, your cabling and your master box. If the support guys in the office can determine that it's definitely your line and not your equipment then they'll raise a call for a BT visit.

And yeah, I help out on the forum support side of things for them. :)
combar-350x19-1.gif

kirennia

Part of the furniture
That sounds very odd and indeed, a fault with the line sounds about right. It might be worth pinging first your router, then an external site to see if you've got any packet loss... if it's that slow, I would have thought you'd find a lot if that was the problem.

Other then that, are you on a wireless network or sharing with anyonelse in the house?

If your answer is no to all of them, contact your ISP...

soze

I am a FH squatter
I was on Sky 8 meg wasn't working at times - old man rang em up - said look, it isn't working - so they turned to 3/4 meg - and said it should work now - and it does? wtf.

Sounds like either your line was too far away or you had too much noise to maintain 8mb.

Syri

FH is my second home
I had a similar problem with Entanet, they decided I'd gone over my download allowance, and decided that they'd make my connection speed as close to 56k as they could get. Never went anywhere near downloading as much as they claimed though, was always very careful of that. Pretty sure their download monitoring isn't accurate, but they refused to even entertain that possibility.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Just found out what it is I went over my useage apparently me being a nob head never realised.. just bought an extra 10gig however so win.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!

eh? Aren't routers either 100mbit or gigabit, how would they be unable to handle the info from a 50mbit line, even if it was running at max? Sounds like you have a faulty router.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
I'm on Virgin's 20mb line and it's fantastic - the full 2400kb/s..... for about 20 minutes then it's throttled to 500ish

Also it's been incredibly unreliable of late, usually need a reset of my modem every day or 2 to reconnect

Zenith

Part of the furniture
Just a random observation: Internet generally sucks in the UK. Gone from a 100mbit fibre internet in sweden to some random shit connection that randomly crashes in Glasgow. Sad fucking times.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Just a random observation: Internet generally sucks in the UK. Gone from a 100mbit fibre internet in sweden to some random shit connection that randomly crashes in Glasgow. Sad fucking times.

When my connection was still with blueyonder I think I had one outage/disconnect in 3 years

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I just moved froma 50mb house :( stupid thing is my new house is next to a street that can get the 50mb with Virgin but my street isn't connected. It's fucking lame :p

Never had any major problems with virgin for 7 years tbh, if there was an outage you knew they were working on it until it got fixed.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
eh? Aren't routers either 100mbit or gigabit, how would they be unable to handle the info from a 50mbit line, even if it was running at max? Sounds like you have a faulty router.

3 of us playing xbox live at night i usually have to reboot the router at least 4/5 times a week

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Then your router is shit, honestly, you should not have a problem. It's nothing to do with the 50mbi line anyway, if your router cannot handle 3 of you connected to LIVE it's poop.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
What router is it? If it's made by Thompson or has the word Speedtouch on it, get rid ASAP! Pieces of crap. Get yourself a Belkin or Linksys router.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
you get given a netgear wrn 2000 router when you sign up to virgin 50mb

it works fine for me .. i think its live rather than the router thats your problem imo

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
What router is it? If it's made by Thompson or has the word Speedtouch on it, get rid ASAP! Pieces of crap. Get yourself a Belkin or Linksys router.
BT Frog > Speedtouch 330 > Speedtouch 510 > Hacked BT Homehub v1 > Speedtouch 585v6

I can honestly say that no other make of router can hold a sync on such a small margin without dropping... at least not on my line (52dB att, ~3dB SNR).
Netgear and Belkin routers have to reconnect until the sync speed is about 3.5Mbps with 6dB of SNR.
My 585v6 can sync at 4.5Mbps on 6dB SNR without breaking sweat. By tweaking the settings with DMT Tool, I can get that up to 5.5Mbps and 2dB SNR. The FEC and CRC errors go up a lot though, so I set it at about 5.2Mbps which improves the stability and reduces the error rate.

liloe

It's my birthday today!

While the LAN ports are, it depends on how fast the WAN port is. If it's some old 10 MBit crap, then have fun :p

Btw, my Thompson cable modem works fine … not that we had a choice, though :p

Lakih

Resident Freddy
BT Frog > Speedtouch 330 > Speedtouch 510 > Hacked BT Homehub v1 > Speedtouch 585v6

I can honestly say that no other make of router can hold a sync on such a small margin without dropping... at least not on my line (52dB att, ~3dB SNR).
Netgear and Belkin routers have to reconnect until the sync speed is about 3.5Mbps with 6dB of SNR.
My 585v6 can sync at 4.5Mbps on 6dB SNR without breaking sweat. By tweaking the settings with DMT Tool, I can get that up to 5.5Mbps and 2dB SNR. The FEC and CRC errors go up a lot though, so I set it at about 5.2Mbps which improves the stability and reduces the error rate.

You can ignore FEC errors unless they go over a million, the DSLAM corrects those, the CRC errors is a whole different ballgame though. At 52 dB attuention i guess you live around 4.5 km from your exchange?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom