FAQ New Frontiers /discuss

Mandi

Fledgling Freddie
Couple things I found out in 5 days playing Gorre :

1) LoS issues still excist, target can be 10 feet away but its not in view and so you can't hit it or shoot it.
2) Bugged Captains inside towers.
3) Shrooms with See Hidden.

Further more, Hibs always flame us albs we camp and zerg, but today at midnight the east bridge + the entire shore where us albs have to land with our boats at DC was shroomed to hell underwater and camped by small hib zergs just waiting for boats to arrive. The bridge was also shroomed on the side and on top and over the total length of the bridge aswell. I counted 16 sylvans there casting away... C'mon guys, i'm sure there are better classes to play then Animists. Goa stated today over 52000 lvl 50 characters where created, but they forgot to say over 20000 where animists and another 1500 at least are buffbots :twak:

animist > germs

anyway, flame or discuss away

Vermin

Loyal Freddie
the thing i found most annoying on Gorre is the zerg of fotm alb casters and stealthers, the night alb took relics there was 270ish mids on(including BBs), so was a bit hard to defend.

I play alb normally, been doing it for almost 3 years, but now i fucking hate em all :eek:

remi

Fledgling Freddie
Mandi said:

1) LoS issues still excist, target can be 10 feet away but its not in view and so you can't hit it or shoot it.

they seem to be checking los on ground now. ( they didnt before).

smallest hill in los = no los.

Minn

Fledgling Freddie
What I found most annoying was/is all the frensh and german ppl (since i dont have any experience with shrooms with SH) :)

A guy kept pm'ing me in frensh og germans spams /broad in german.
And I made a char named Caresse (frensh name) and a frensh guy kept following me around doing /kiss /hug and pm's etc....

ah well, just some random wajn, hehe

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
those "bugged captains" arent bugged!

keep lords can spam in anyform.
A healer will heal itself...
etc..

And sometimes when u kill it, it will repop, i read somewhere thats a arti ability or ml ability or ra orsomething..

So if a healer dies, he will respawn after 30 sec.
Keeplords can do that once but will repop after 1 sec to make it easier for the takers.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Uhm

Mandi said:

2) Bugged Captains inside towers.
3) Shrooms with See Hidden.

Further more, Hibs always flame us albs we camp and zerg, but today at midnight the east bridge + the entire shore where us albs have to land with our boats at DC was shroomed to hell underwater and camped by small hib zergs just waiting for boats to arrive. The bridge was also shroomed on the side and on top and over the total length of the bridge aswell. I counted 16 sylvans there casting away... C'mon guys, i'm sure there are better classes to play then Animists. Goa stated today over 52000 lvl 50 characters where created, but they forgot to say over 20000 where animists and another 1500 at least are buffbots :twak:

animist > germs

anyway, flame or discuss away

Dock camping? Tsk tsk, how about disembark BEFORE the docks? :p

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
i think the whole issue with shrooms and stuff at crauch is to jump off your boat before you hit the end, lots of people have said camping the drop off point for mid / alb with shrooms/stealthers/pbaoers is an easy way to make a lot of rps.

Yes its anoying but you got to remember you can do the same at your end its no longer an easy ride to hib lands albs are basically in the position that hibs were with riding to emain and dying within 5 seconds of arriving (mids same :p ) but thats how the games changed ive not been through the POC at the moment its a bit dangerous and requires at least a pber.

LOS is a bit of a pain but it was brought up by the team leader to be totally arsed and was told they improve los al the time so nothing really can do their.

And yes the beta test people seemed to have all rolled the following :)

1. Sorcerers
2. Scouts
3. Minstrels
4. Infils.
5. Cabalists
6. (everything else) :D

remember it is meant to be a balancing act so you basically got a few weeks or a week i would say before it goes live so if you got time power level up a new alt :D

btw your always welcome to come to hibernia prydwen lol

Mandi

Fledgling Freddie
Gahn said:
Dock camping? Tsk tsk, how about disembark BEFORE the docks? :p

and walk all the way there in stealth? soz got a life to attend :/

Mandi

Fledgling Freddie
come to hib pryd hmmm...although tempting I cba to lvl or xp any class anymore and hate losing 4 lgm crafters hehe :)

as for Gorre, i'd like to know how many 50 animists where made though, cuz no matter where you look, there is always one shrooming away...

btw, any other pet in game i don't know of who has See Hidden then shrooms?

edit; awhile ago one high chanter (forgot name) on hib/pryd said that "all people should be beaten up irl for thinking animists are only good in defending keeps"

How about I come beat you up eh? Think Gorre made you swallow that statement back :)

izikiel

Fledgling Freddie
Mandi said:
come to hib pryd hmmm...although tempting I cba to lvl or xp any class anymore and hate losing 4 lgm crafters hehe :)

as for Gorre, i'd like to know how many 50 animists where made though, cuz no matter where you look, there is always one shrooming away...

edit; awhile ago one high chanter (forgot name) on hib/pryd said that "all people should be beaten up irl for thinking animists are only good in defending keeps"

How about I come beat you up eh? Think Gorre made you swallow that statement back :)

well they are good for other things then keep defending in NF so no point swallowing that statement imo! :)

Uberlama

Fledgling Freddie
Awarkle said:
And yes the beta test people seemed to have all rolled the following

1. Sorcerers
2. Scouts
3. Minstrels
4. Infils.
5. Cabalists
6. (everything else)

and rangers!! i started in hib with a ranger in the first days and saw sometimes who all= 450 who ranger=120 :D ranger is very good fun to play imo, I liked it very much :eek: can shoot for 1000 with critshot and still can beat any stealther in melee :D

Maleg

Fledgling Freddie
Mandi said:
and walk all the way there in stealth? soz got a life to attend :/
I would never have guessed that with your early morning Relic Raids :p

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
Mandi said:

You are playing on Gorre. Part of the problem when people get to roll high chars off the bat (seen when we had level 30) is that everyone on Alb/Mid who buys into the Animist myth then rolls an animist.

When NF is launched on the live servers you will see a difference, because you lose most of the dabblers. There are very few active RvR animists on Hib/Pryd

Shrooms don't have see hidden. They cannot cast on a stealthed target. Like all pets, they can track a stealthed target, but they cannot cast on one.

Animist strongest situation is in a keep defense. Not sure how you think that proves they have no use in other situations though. Outside keep defenses we're the least powerful Hib nuker (slower nukes, no stun), but that doesn't mean we're useless.

Again, part of why you only see Animists on Gorre at keeps spamming shrooms is because they are being played by people (including a lot of people playing albs/mids on live) who haven't had to learn anything else about them

Aedelle

Fledgling Freddie
Minn said:
What I found most annoying was/is all the frensh and german ppl (since i dont have any experience with shrooms with SH) :)

A guy kept pm'ing me in frensh og germans spams /broad in german.
And I made a char named Caresse (frensh name) and a frensh guy kept following me around doing /kiss /hug and pm's etc....

ah well, just some random wajn, hehe

Hehe. If you name yourself "Caresse" and then you wonder about a french guy following you and doing /kiss etc, it's about time you bought a french dictionary :p

Mandi

Fledgling Freddie
Boggy said:
Shrooms don't have see hidden. They cannot cast on a stealthed target. Like all pets, they can track a stealthed target, but they cannot cast on one.

I disagree, I am well away from any shroom and they still unstealth me and nuke me to death, further more, 2 more things I found out today on several occasions. (if you see shrooms RUN cuz they WILL find ya...)

1) Release timer : heck go grab a drink and go to bathroom and maybe then you are released :m00:
2) The so called 'Wall nerf for pber's" doesn't work, At DC bridge couple fg albs got pb'd from the inside while they stand on the outside, same goes with shroom pets, walls doesn't seem to bug em :kissit:

edit, could also again be related by LoS issues maybe <sigh>

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
If shrooms are unstealthing you on Gorre, Right Now it. It's a bug.

Bear in mind that if you are unstealthed near a shroom and it starts to cast on you, it will finish its cast even if you stealth (unstealthing you). However, that is also true of any other pet in the game.

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Shroom thing could be a number of different things.

1) AoE shrooms targeting a mob near you and nukeing, unstealthing you then the rest of the shrooms lock on etc.

2) Pbaoe from control turret (works like Necro Pbaoe, Anamist casts and pbaoe goes through pet)

3) Pets like mobs have a chance to detect stealthers. Since anamist turrests (non control'd) are always one aggressive if they detect a stealther they will nuke, were as standard pets are mostly kept on deffensive so will only attack if the caster is attacked.

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
There is no such thing as an aoenuke shroom, Garok. Shrooms only cast single target nukes.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Boggy said:
There is no such thing as an aoenuke shroom, Garok. Shrooms only cast single target nukes.

You can command your controllable shroom to do a PBAE tho (i believe verdant spec).

If the stealther got caught in that he's unstealthed and the FnF shrooms home in on him and lag him to dead tho ;)

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Boggy said:

Sry your right .. getting me bombers and turrets mixed up :I

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
There are also other PBAoE shrooms. Melee damage debuffers. Not sure they would bring someone out fo stealth though.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
One effect of playing Gorre and getting multiple rr6 50ths in easymode, is I can be bothered even less to lvl anything after getting to play with all the alts i ever wanted :/.

Mael, 50th ment.

Mandi

Fledgling Freddie
Maeloch said:
One effect of playing Gorre and getting multiple rr6 50ths in easymode, is I can be bothered even less to lvl anything after getting to play with all the alts i ever wanted :/.

Mael, 50th ment.

ur so right, that's why I refuse to make anything else but cleric scout cuz that's all I got (besides farm necro)

and what's with the release timers in nf sheesh!

also I hate the message 'xxx is temporarily immune to PvP attacks' everytime some1 I killed releases :m00:

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Maeloch said:

Mael, 50th ment.

Totally agreed, only made a Theurg/Scout/Cleric/Cabal to test the classes I have and not the ones that I want ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom