FAO those with nVidia 77.72 Forceware drivers

Comos

Loyal Freddie
For those that have downloaded the latest nVidia forceware drivers, you will all have problems watching certain video files without first changing a setting.
When I installed the drivers, I noticed a problem with colors/gamma of certain video files and I went to the nVidia forums to see if there were others having the same problem.
Apparently everyone with the new drivers does and afaik nvidia hasn't released a fix for this yet, so people tried to fix the problem their own ways. Most people start trying out new settings in windows mediaplayer, but there's a much better way.

Actually I think there isn't a problem with the programming for the video overlay (which are the settings that cause the strange colors when playing video files) just something simple with the 'gamma slider' to adjust the gamma level, for overlay only.
With the nvidia forceware settings, you can set "color correction" options for Desktop and Overlay (for video files) seperately, but also together.
All you have to do, is switch the settings to apply to 'all' instead of settings desktop and overlay seperately. The gamma slider seems to work fine with the 'all' tab and this applies to overlay too so problem fixed.

=== SOLUTION WITHOUT TECHNICAL CRAP BELOW ===

Go to display option -> advanced -> <your video card tab> -> color correction -> change 'Apply color changes to' : All -> restore defaults -> apply

overlay.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom