FAO the great ml raid leaders of hib

luribeauty

Fledgling Freddie
Ok so i did my first ml run which was ml1-3bg steps didnt go to bad the start was badish even though the steps are easy quite surprised how stressfull it can be,so if u got any tips for me like macro's etc i would be greatfull thank you.

In the end they all seemed happy,so glad they have /bg listen as well.:p

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmm, best thing I found (which others probably won't agree with) was to very hard and very firm. Don't let anybody assume that you don't have full control of the BG and don't be afraid to hand out warnings etc. for bad behaviour yadayada.

Secondly, my rule of thumb is to protect the majority over the minority. If 2 people are missing a ML step for example, and there's 30 people in the BG - I will not wait and redo that step for the 2 people.

And lastly, expect not to please everyone. There's always atleast one person who doesn't get a step, isn't able to be granted credit etc. etc. Some will whine like a bitch, some will be polite. But certainly don't expect to have a whole host of 'bigthanksm8' at the end of every raid.

Damnnationx

Fledgling Freddie
luribeauty said:
Ok so i did my first ml run which was ml1-3bg steps

You did? when? where was it posted? ive not seen any raids since just before xmas the one warkle took over :D thnik that was his name...

Anyways now its new year givf mlvl rush :D

luribeauty

Fledgling Freddie
Bugz said:
Hmmm, best thing I found (which others probably won't agree with) was to very hard and very firm. Don't let anybody assume that you don't have full control of the BG and don't be afraid to hand out warnings etc. for bad behaviour yadayada.

Secondly, my rule of thumb is to protect the majority over the minority. If 2 people are missing a ML step for example, and there's 30 people in the BG - I will not wait and redo that step for the 2 people.

And lastly, expect not to please everyone. There's always atleast one person who doesn't get a step, isn't able to be granted credit etc. etc. Some will whine like a bitch, some will be polite. But certainly don't expect to have a whole host of 'bigthanksm8' at the end of every raid.

Thanks for the advice m8, though once i finished ml3 i did get a load off thanks,i think even though u know what to do the first time leading can be hard,i got quite stressfull at some points so for them small whiners i just did /bg listen and told them all it was my first time and if they dont like it make there own raid,least i got some silince for a min hehe.

luribeauty

Fledgling Freddie
Damnnationx said:
You did? when? where was it posted? ive not seen any raids since just before xmas the one warkle took over :D thnik that was his name...

Anyways now its new year givf mlvl rush :D

Its on us im doing ml's thought i would ask here as u know what vn boards are like hehe:p

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah i will be getting aroudn to finishing off the ml runs, just with getting christmas and new year over and done with.

THe most important aspect of running the ML is know what your doing, the one i took over i felt a bit silly because they had changed the mls the last time i did them so some bits i fell down on.

However i always think its important.

1. FOr the bg to know where you are. Dont just move off after an encounter make sure there are no ld's or people afk or dead.

2. NEVER do the whole "just bring agro with you" because someone will die and not be rezzed because the zerg has moved on and not realised.

3. Try and have at least 2 or 3 balanced groups you can manage most encounters with just numbers but if your low then make sure you have a few pet spam/cots classes.

4. NEVER allow anyone else to dictate what you are doing the first sign of people complaining and whining or posting sugestions. You ask them to either shut up or run their own bgs.

5. Threaten to boot people from battlegroups works wonders to get people off stick. If they dont loose stick after saying that then asume they are afk and as such remove them anyways then go get them killed on somthing. AFK people make raids so much harder.

6. Loot claiming as a raid leader you are probbly entitled to claim somthing however DONT go "im claiming these drops", i normally make the rules that 99%/ mps are for rolling everything else ill keep. Other than that generally i dont care who gets the loot im there for the mls.

7. Be prepared make it clear you arnt goign to be doing certain steps, group steps and solo steps should always be completed ahead of the raid starting. If folks start pestering for solo/group steps recomend they leave the bg and go do them.

In the end try to have fun i personally only ever read the bg chat when i have somthing to say or need to ask a question of the bg such as "Anyone miss the credit" anyone ld anyone dead. After those questions if noone replies asume all is well. and ignore the other spam :)

Dont be affraid to get folks killed on purpose it wakes them up and prevents them from going afk. IE lava diving, running into agro etc etc.

Mckennitt

Loyal Freddie
I can only give one tip for you mate.

Do loads of those ML raids. Experience is what makes your brain wider and richer in managing such massive raids. All the rest are for robots. Do it couple of times and u will see on your own that u need no tips.

PS: U can only have 99 macros made on each character so let me know if u do need em as i have for every ML Step except ML10.

Regards
Mck

luribeauty

Fledgling Freddie
thanks mckennitt i would like them macro's if you could please.the ml4-6 raid went very well considering there were not very high numbers as yesterday.around 40-45ish on ml4,53 on ml5(easy one) and 36 on ml6.was some trouble near the end off ml4 with 1 or 2 pulling mobs down ramp which i did warn i would kick from bg if they did.so ended up kicking them 2.knowledge lacking on one or 2 steps on ml6 but nothing that put the bg in danger.

Mckennitt

Loyal Freddie
Let me know day-time u will be on so i can log and give you the *ini file as im not very active in camelot this period.

Mck

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
i think its always best to boot them just before the death of a *.10 encounter they wont notice that they have been booted due to all the spam flying up the screen :)

but then im mean :D

VegetaFH1

Fledgling Freddie
Whats this.. Majority. and minority shit???

Basic.. Ur the leader.. they are the followers.. if they dont listen, they loss out...

However, always go back ad redo steps for ppl that didnt get it.. (but give it time to spawn, so go do another step while waiting)

For u see, if u loss the "minority"... who then becomes the minority to make the majority... stay the majority....., the leader becomes the minority... (see where im going) this equels.. end of raid cus there is no enough ppl to complete the steps

U serve them, but they follow u, not the other way around (IE: They serve u and u follow them)

But bugs is right about one thing... dont be afraid to give out, and aye.. dont let any of them think they u have lost control of the bg.. cus thats also bad news, if any of them give u LIP... kick em from BG.. personaly STOP the bg from moving and talk, in main chat to the guy u kicked out, and tell him to behave

Naturaly im a more agressive leader then bugs is.. or.. any other leader for that matter and i am a more.. RvR oriantated leader.. but i have led afew ML's in my day

I hope this info helps u abit mate in the future of ur raids
Veg Out

PS: Yellow and Red cards (football term) are needed at all stages in every raid ur gonna pull off.. so get them ready incase u need em

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
well with encounters how they are the only reason anyone would miss out on an encounter is

1. they lded and couldnt get back for 10 minutes.
2. they were afk and was out of range and didnt message you when they returned.
3. they were never with the bg when the encounter was gotten in which case its there tough luck.

The minority is always the same people every time its the afkers if your not afk at the computer while doing the mls then your are at the encounter and get credit.

Missing steps and such you should always make the decision if you are to repeat them, for instance if you miss out on the kirks step of ml1 its on an hour or so respawn.

If you miss out say the kotari step on ml7 thats 9 time out of 10 a multiple raid wipe anyways.

You shouldnt bow to peer preasure remember you are doing this for your benefit as well as the realm if the realm cant apretiate your time and effort (which takes a lot when doing mls) then they dont diserve to get the mls in the first case.

dinu

Fledgling Freddie
Awarkle said:
well with encounters how they are the only reason anyone would miss out on an encounter is

There seem to be a bug... had it several times that I got the message "You have to be in the same battlegroup than xxx" when trying to grant credit... was no problem after the person rejoined, so think its one of out lovely bugs in the game ^^

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
dinu said:
There seem to be a bug... had it several times that I got the message "You have to be in the same battlegroup than xxx" when trying to grant credit... was no problem after the person rejoined, so think its one of out lovely bugs in the game ^^

difference is you are there and can message the raid leader to be granted credit , the raid leader isnt having to wait 5 minutes for the afk person to get there or get back to grant credit :)

dinu

Fledgling Freddie
Awarkle said:
difference is you are there and can message the raid leader to be granted credit , the raid leader isnt having to wait 5 minutes for the afk person to get there or get back to grant credit :)
Ok missunderstood the problem ^^

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
VegetaFH1 said:
For u see, if u loss the "minority"... who then becomes the minority to make the majority... stay the majority....., the leader becomes the minority... (see where im going) this equels.. end of raid cus there is no enough ppl to complete the steps

The DAoC community doesn't work like that. There is always a majority.

Besides, if you do everything right as a member of the BG then you will NEVER miss a step minus a couple of steps (2.9 generally being the most buggiest - thus I generally do it twice).

There's also grant credit yada yada.

That said, BG listen is something I have tried and it hasn't been successful. Awkward to have every man and his dog PMing you when if you the BG on free speaking, people can answer some of the questions etc. whilst you work on grant credits.

Each to his own I guess :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom