FAO tanks

G

gunner440

guys how come during wall fights no one ever charges?
I mean sure, ppl charge but 3 or 4 tanks out of the 30+ we have at each standoff is a crap figure.

what you scared of dieing? rofl if u do it properly u dont

if u do hit and runs i.e. run to their side, whack whack and back out again you gradually weaken them.. eg. u kill one, he is rezzed, kill another rezzed, kill a third, oop hence no rez repeat over a period of time and we take the wall .. even if you dont kill the targe, you make them waste heals on him and heals = power.

the mids or hibs dont even notice you running past as there are lag spikes constantly passing at the same time and will probably think you are one of the 'spikes' and by the time they notice you are real, you have already hit your targets and the damage is done and you're back on your side laughing ;)

thing is this has to be done in numbers cos if they do catch on to you, it is easier to have 30 hibs or mids attack 4 targets than 30 hibs or mids to attack 15 or so, less damage taken by albs on average (for ppl that didnt go to school or have dropped out 30/4 is more than 30/15)

funny thing is when tanks waiting near the gates in attempt to ambush any curious hibs or mids who decide to wander pass the gates into ourside, sure i dont think this is a bad idea but a simple aoe dot will quickly solve this and also eats the power of our clerics and friars making us weaker in the long run. in an average wallfight i would say at least 30% or so of the total deaths are via dots, so........... avoid them ? or is that too much to ask.

come on just cos we're tanks doesnt have to mean that we are dumb :clap: :clap: :clap:

lez gank em next time

K

Kagato.

Well as a pure tank, I never run from a fight and always charge first time some respectable person (you know the ones) call for it.

9 times out of 10 this is why I am first to die whilst the rest of the cowards wait to see how the fight pans out before commiting themselves. Not hard to see why some tanks are more hesitant to charge now, but still, i'll keep charging on....

G

gunner440

also the number of pms i receive from other 'tanks' after an unsuccessful (normally solo) charge saying im crazy is just hilarious, and thats comin from damage takers (or tanks in other words) hiding behind the casters o_O

S

Skaven

Originally posted by Gunnerr
also the number of pms i receive from other 'tanks' after an unsuccessful (normally solo) charge saying im crazy is just hilarious, and thats comin from damage takers (or tanks in other words) hiding behind the casters o_O

Yeah, odd that... getting mezzed and nuked to death can cause a little stress i guess

O

old.Arya

Originally posted by Kagato.
Well as a pure tank, I never run from a fight and always charge first time some respectable person (you know the ones) call for it.

9 times out of 10 this is why I am first to die whilst the rest of the cowards wait to see how the fight pans out before commiting themselves. Not hard to see why some tanks are more hesitant to charge now, but still, i'll keep charging on....

Also annyoing is 9 out of 10 times you would have broke thru if others also did charge, some are just too afraid of dying also goes for many hib tanks seems to be common problem ;)

O

old.Kerosene

Heh... whatever group I go in I always say 'I never run' and usually the group backs me up, win (10%) or lose (90%). :) I realllllly don't care about RP's so I'm usually the gibbon at front casting all kinds of AoE root to stop the bloody tanks getting our casters. I don't half get upset at people who cast DoT's when I do that though...

S

statix

The worst thing imo about charging is when you run through the gates pushing the hib/mid force back and you eventually die from
repeated blasts to the head .
You finally get to have a good look around and you see through the gate fooking loads of people still on that hill watching you.

And im sure they are thinking to them selves "aint I lucky I didnt charge with those morans , now they are all dead ! "

What they dont realise is that their ranged spell attacks and extra bodies in the initial burst +mezzs etc ( not blaming casters
specifically here , just examples ) is what alot of the time is all thats needed to turn the battle to our side .

After a while I think all chargers , no matter the class begin to develop a funny side to charging , when they are lying their eating dirt and they see the hibs all but dead and scattered , reform heal and start again and they look around to see who ran with them and they catch a glimpse of those still behind the gate
knowing for certain with their help victory would have been gauranted , you just have to laugh ! its what keeps you running
through that gate again0-15 mins later, and again0-15 mins later again.

Anyway I love the rush form charging at people , lava swords a blazing making those casters flee in terror before cutting them down , I like to always take at least 1 or 2 with me for pets in the next life

F

Flimgoblin

I'm a sucker for charges :) I'm usually the third or fourth there ;)

once ran straight through the mile gate to the other side and sat behind a tree waiting for everyone else ;)

I've thought - might be an idea to catch a DoT, get healed up and then charge :) (before the 20 seconds wears out of course)

anti-mezz/root :)

Q

quinthar

lol, the times I have looked back through the gates dead towards the albs waiting quietly for god to intervene and take them nasty hibbies or mids away..<sigh>

People dont seem to like my technique of running after nme casters and killing them cuz I rarely get healed and almost never come back alive (Usually cuz 5-6 nme are tryign to prize the caster out of my teeth!!), maybe its because I'm charging alone as per usual.................

Anyways after deing a ton of times with nobody backing me up (Or rather very few) after somebody else (Usually a caster) yells charge I must admit I prefer my RvR sessions last longer than the run from PK to AMG...

Afraid the cowadice of a lot of albs is beyond repair.

N

NetNifty

lol, i always charge like a crazy person, but the insane lag usually kills me in big attacks :( bit hard 2 hit sum1 when u r laggin so bad that u culd b watchin a slideshow

B

belth

Position character towards gate, wait for someone to open it, turn camera down, hit sprint and auto-run. Then start hitting F8 and when you get a target, hit /stick macro and F6. Start spamming a style with a backup. When the slideshow ends, look at your dead body, type /release and scroll the infobox back to see in how few hits you died. Rinse and repeat.

[/end sarcasm]

A

Aussie-

hibs have the +4500hp heros to attack..
mids have the healers with 1800hp + 2 insta's to attack..
we have .... 3000hp tanks ? ;/

A

appollo creed

If we could convince more tanks to charge all at once then im sure wall fights would be better for us.

Until then ill be sitting on the hill w8ting :)

P.S. just a thought, maybe if we could make a formation, then sort who charges and when we might be more effective ???

Quote Gladiator: "Hold The Line" :p

G

gunner440

rofl... those of you who say "oh yeah i charged, its the OTHER guys who didnt bla bla" ive been at nearly all the wall fights and the only ones i can clearly recall charging loads and eventually dieing cos no one else coming to support are ialk and huma and some merc cant remember. The rest did charge but that was after albs had gathered about 6 or 7 fg to take on the 2fg behind the wall T.T

@aussie
we have .... 3000hp tanks ? ;/

lolllllllll armsmen on average have 2000hps BUFFED

wow we have plate armor but as if that makes a big difference ^^

K

Kagato.

Tanks charging just isn't the only problem though, we need the support characters to follow us through.

We can have 20 tanks all go through slamming F8 / /Stick / Style after style, following our chosen targets to the bitter end but sooner or later, usually sooner all the nukes will take us down, whilst our support classes wait to see if the coast is clear, we need to have our supports follow us through at least into the doorway to succeed.

Soon as we charge through all the casters and enemy tanks focus on us thinking we are easy kills (and as things stand we are) so with this window of oppotunity we need our clerics to follow through as second wave so they at least have Line Of Sight on us so they can heal us and keep us alive long enough to do our job and keep the enemy busy long enough for our own casters to nuke the enemy whilst we try and take out the enemy casters. To many times i've died with the clerics on full power because 'we can't see you on other side of the wall ' :mad:

A little common sense goes a long way.

G

gunner440

clerics etc etc will charge after tanks do.... same goes for casters, if WE (us tanks :)) dont charge, no one else will.... so unless we all go, we cant expect the rest of the army to follow :/

S

Skaven

I think thats the heart of the problem. The fact that if tanks do charge everyone else will just stand there and watch while we get nuked to oblivion, when someone shouts charge ppl stand for 30 mins to see if anyone else does it.
Could compare this to a program I watched ages ago -
10 people were put in a room, nine of them were plants and the other was just picked at random and told nothing. A mock fire was started. It showed that because nobody else took notice of the fire and did nothing the person that actually didn't know it was just staged just sat there and didn't even raise the alarm.

A

Aussie-

i'm talking about IP Gunnerr, every tank should have that ;/

K

Kagato.

i'm talking about IP Gunnerr, every tank should have that ;/

Not every tank has 23 realm levels to spare, or even 17 after 1.53 to spare and even if they did IP wont save them from being AOE mezzed at the gate which no amount of IP will help them with being nuked 1 by 1, but what about purge ? Oh yes, another 10 levels please, thats 33 levels currently now to have what every tank should have ? We havent all got super scout realm points to spend being tanks.

Lets not forget they also only work every 30 minutes too :rolleyes:

A

Aussie-

if you die every 30 mins 2 times ... then you better stay home
btw 30 mins timer = die, release, come back to CS, port, buff up before leaving apk = 15 Mins , so that timer isnt that long.

K

Kagato.

or get determination 3 ^^ which rox

Got Detirmination level 3 and it does Rock, and in 1.53 you can get Detirmination level 4 for only a couple of more levels the cost with the new pure tank costs.

Users who are viewing this thread