FAO SAS and anyone interested in CS Servers

O

old.zog

Yep, just thought I'd post my support for Quantum's idea. But yeah, we need more CS servers first.

O

old.QuantumALBA

Right, so B6.5 is out, and there are lots of new maps. This is good and bad I guess, because there are some maps I really love, and some maps I detest. ;)

So my suggestion is this: Why not take 2 servers, and split the official map rotation between them? On one server run the (proper!) large teamplay oriented maps, and on the other server run the (usually crappy ;)) small deathmatchy fragfest maps. How about it? What do poeple think? I think it would be good because:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>People who like the slow playing maps can go on a server safe in the knowledge that all the maps are teamplay oriented, and noone can vote for the deathmatchy ones.
<LI>Vice versa for the players with opposite views.
<LI>The games will be better because people who are like minded will be playing together.
<LI>People who want a mix still have the other 2 servers.
[/list]

I would propose this (just roughly speaking, I know people are bound to disagree):

A 20 player server running:
cs_backalley
es_trinity
as_oilrig
cs_747
de_nuke
cs_docks
cs_italy
de_train
de_railroad
as_forest

A 12 player server running:

de_dust
cs_estate
cs_militia
de_aztec
cs_siege
as_tundra
cs_assault
de_cbble
de_prodigy

Now I am not saying there couldn't be some overlap with maps like nuke, siege, militia maybe, I haven't given the exact map cycles much thought since it would be down to everyone to decide - if this excellant :D idea were to be implemented.

(I also think you should bring back fang, but I don't want to ask for too much at once :))

[This message has been edited by QuantumALBA (edited 13 June 2000).]

S

SAS

There are 4 servers which are constanly filled everyday. To make 2 of them customed servers would be silly.

I see your idea though and when the new cs servers arrive (soon) I'll look into this idea for you :)

Until then though the 4 servers at the moment will run all the maps.

------------------
Posted by S.A.S
http://guides.barrysworld.com

O

old.QuantumALBA

Mmmm OK. I wouldn't say it was silly, I doubt the average player would even notice the difference. IMHO running a cycle of 19 maps at 30(?) minutes each is silly, especially when voting for maps like dust tends to bugger up the cycle. :D

But hey, it was just a suggestion, I like spending my tuppence...

O

old.Kurt_Angle

Ain't they all frag fest maps now!!, ok maybe not seige :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom