FAO Requiel

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Hi,

Any eta on a fix for this lag weve been experiencing now for 2 weeks?, not only is rvr and large raids being hugely affected by this but now pve also, at the moment not one minute goes by without red connection lag.

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
im hoping once they stop offering the dload for NF beta through the back of the excal server things might pick up :p

oh and when req stops p2p sharing halo 2 :p

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
a lot of the lag etc is caused by opentransit bug them :p

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Edaemos said:
Hi,

Any eta on a fix for this lag weve been experiencing now for 2 weeks?, not only is rvr and large raids being hugely affected by this but now pve also, at the moment not one minute goes by without red connection lag.

Think this has been posted several times now, and most people put it down to opentransit dont think your going to get any other answer than that atm,still think it would be well within GOA's power to exert a lot more pressure on OT on behalf of their customers though.

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
your of course forgetting that open transit and goa are the same company

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
BT Broadband and openworld/Yahoo are the same company but they don't talk to each other.

Your point being ?

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
my point being your hardly gonna get old school ceo #1 bitchin to old school ceo #2 while their playing golf and screwing hookers out on business trips

If you supply your own service you arent gonna drop them, imo its a monopoly that a MMORPG which uses data transfer/network/internet services is allowed to run the same company that allows users to access their service

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
oblimov said:

Your so wrong!!!

I didnt forget that, I just didnt know :p
Well anyway its still in there interest to sort it out people can live with class balance issues will just make them play another class but if you cant reliably play at all people will soon get fed up and /cancel imo

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
oblimov said:
my point being your hardly gonna get old school ceo #1 bitchin to old school ceo #2 while their playing golf and screwing hookers out on business trips

If you supply your own service you arent gonna drop them, imo its a monopoly that a MMORPG which uses data transfer/network/internet services is allowed to run the same company that allows users to access their service

That really is a load of crap ... most of the time with big telecoms companies .. at leas tin the uk .. the government montiors them and makes each part operate as a seperate company .. therefore they have to go through the same channels as any isp would to report anything and not just go round the corner / down the street / on the golf course.

These industries are heavily regulated to stop the monopoly situation you refer too .. its the whole point of the monopolies and mergers commission and a number of EU laws.

I think you will find that GOA are a completely seperate legal entity from Opentransit. Just because they have the same parent company French Telecom doesn't mean that they have close ties to each other at all .

Firebirth

Fledgling Freddie
Moriath said:
That really is a load of crap ... most of the time with big telecoms companies .. at leas tin the uk .. the government montiors them and makes each part operate as a seperate company .. therefore they have to go through the same channels as any isp would to report anything and not just go round the corner / down the street / on the golf course.

These industries are heavily regulated to stop the monopoly situation you refer too .. its the whole point of the monopolies and mergers commission and a number of EU laws.

I think you will find that GOA are a completely seperate legal entity from Opentransit. Just because they have the same parent company French Telecom doesn't mean that they have close ties to each other at all .

And your assuming that France has the same rules and organisations as the UK ?

Tio McShire

Fledgling Freddie
Moriath said:
i'm assuming they comply to european competition rules

because the French are well known for complying to lots of other european laws .... livestock, import/export, immigration, fishing ......

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Whats wrong with the threads created every day for the last week about this?

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
oblimov said:
and you are wrong here. OT and GOA are 2 different companys,but both are owned by whossname. (ok, I forgot the name :p ) and no it's not the same thing. ^^

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
france telecom or wannadoo cant remember which or could be both heehee

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Wasn't it like.. GoA is owned by Wanadoo, Wanadoo is owned by the same company as OpenTranshit? Either way, it's not like they can do much about it.

Has anyone tried emailing their ISP yet?

Draylor

Part of the furniture
SevenSins said:
Should be:

"Yup, in the end we all got owned by France Telecom."

:D
:p

Ive made far too many negative whining posts lately, just for once i was trying not to!

I see GOA have their 'Friday news' page up without any mention of these lag problems. Still it seems its not worth mentioning

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom