FAO Poker : Why bother?

O

old.Zenith

Tonight on CTF#2 the map rotation was Broadside, Stonehenge then Simoon.

Someone started a vote to change to Raindance. The vote won.

The point? There is no reason to randomise the map sequence as some ignorant philistines will vote the map off.

Tribes playing bloke

O

old.Sargon of MnO

I don't really see a better way of deciding maps than letting people vote. Forcing people to play "unpopular" maps no matter how good they may be will just make people leave.

I know i myself just leave when a map like broadside comes up and it cant be changed.

O

old.Albertrud

No one force's you to play, as I see it, if you dont like the map on at the time, get the hell off the server dont change the map.

One of my fav maps is simoon & obs.
No damn HVY Spam, its great 8)

But because of this, ppl dont like it, they have to use skills instead which is an arse if your just on to make your self look good.

I've never seen Scarabrea on a public in nearly a year, I say, BRING IT BACK!

O

old.Crunchy

Scarabrae rocks on public servers, it's a big base map so requires different skills, ie makes a nice change. On a public server the defence isn't usually co-ordinated enuf to make it impossible for offence and offence have several options to attack.

O

old.zach

"requires different skills"

throw mine, fire disc

O

old.Kattanga

Since the time when "Terrance The Toilet Roll" took on "Nick The Buttuk Scruttok" is the European deodorant ball licking contest.

Turned out to be a very dry contest

O

old.Crunchy

Aye, well the time when Scarabrae was fun was long before mine discs.

F

fatgit

Problem is mopst UK tribers want to play base maps (other than scara/bs/dod) or SUX maps.
Scara & BS (broad AND blast) can be good fun, I played BS on NGI yesterday, but llamas always vote for the same maps ad nauseum.
The return of the BW Custom server would allow some different maps to be played. The custom server was very popular, a hell of a lot more popular than BW SUX map server (as I write this, theres 0 players as usual).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom